I saw a friend's iPhone case that has a built in charger that you can turn on and off by a switch on the corner and wondered if there was anything like this for my BlackBerry?
    12-09-12 04:46 AM
    I have seen a couple of those for the 9790 and 9900 , I don't know about anything else (I can't see your phone model because I'm browsing from mobile) , but I'm sure that you can find for any mobile model.

Sent from my A$$ Kickin Berry using Tapatalk
    12-09-12 06:08 AM
    Just my opinion, but charging cases are a DUMB idea. They add bulk and weight to your phone ALL THE TIME and only work on your specific phone model.

If you want portable charging, get a recharging pack. They are cheaper, work with any phone/tablet/mp3 player, and best of all they are NOT strapped to your phone all the time, adding needless bulk and weight when you don't need it.

I use Neopower (just google it) but there are many others that will do. I just don't get why people waste their money on a limited product which just ruins your phone experience when a cheap small rechargeable recharging pack is SO MUCH more universal and can easily connect up and stash away.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    12-09-12 07:45 AM
    Because when you're on the move and have high usage requirements it is not always easy to stop and connect an external battery. I have one I only put the phone in when I know I'm headed for a situation where I need it. It is for a small segment of users in certain situations.
    12-09-12 07:56 AM
    I got two OEM JM1 batteries for my 9900 shipped from windsor ontario with shipping for 15$. Charge them up at home and bring them if im going to be out long. Best price and best fit for phone. No?
    12-09-12 08:04 AM
    I got two OEM JM1 batteries for my 9900 shipped from windsor ontario with shipping for 15$. Charge them up at home and bring them if im going to be out long. Best price and best fit for phone. No?
    And they easily fit in a wallet, those batteries are tiny.
    12-09-12 09:11 AM
    Same here. Extra battery though I rarely use it. Easy to carry and you can use any case or sleeve you want. No added weight to the phone.
    12-09-12 09:46 AM
    Same here. Extra battery though I rarely use it. Easy to carry and you can use any case or sleeve you want. No added weight to the phone.
    Exactly. I dont understand why some people spend 50$+ on these charger cases or extended life massive batteries thatcmake the phone twice as big, or the no name external charge packs. The OEM battery is the cheapest, the smallest, and it is made by the manufacturer of the phone. Take advantage of the removable battery capabilities of these devices.
    12-09-12 09:55 AM
    Ah yes, the Mophie Juice Pack. mophie juice pack air� - iPhone 4/4S rechargeable backup battery case

Those of us who are using phones that do not have a user removable battery are either left using this, or an external charger. It does make the phone a bit heavy, but doubles the battery life. I have one, however I don't use it all the time. If I am going to be out for an extended period and won't have access to a power outlet, this is a great alternative. It doesn't add much overall bulk, but does make it noticeably heavier. It's a small price to pay for more juice.
    12-09-12 10:24 AM
    Ah yes, the Mophie Juice Pack. mophie juice pack air� - iPhone 4/4S rechargeable backup battery case

Those of us who are using phones that do not have a user removable battery are either left using this, or an external charger. It does make the phone a bit heavy, but doubles the battery life. I have one, however I don't use it all the time. If I am going to be out for an extended period and won't have access to a power outlet, this is a great alternative. It doesn't add much overall bulk, but does make it noticeably heavier. It's a small price to pay for more juice.
    Thank god blackberry has removable battery. I double my battery life by carrying one small, extra battery. I dont know how iphone people would survive doing the on-the-go all day excursions i am doing throughout europe. Theres no time to sit downvand charge, and it would be a pain to carryvaround a device in a massive battery holster, a massive extended battery attached, or plugged in to a battery pack to charge it. No thanks!
    12-09-12 10:39 AM
    The Mophie is no bigger than the average case. I would say that most Otterbox cases are actually larger than the Mophie. You have "massively" blown the whole thing out of proportion.
    12-11-12 01:42 AM
    I've got an extended battery for my 8330 that I've never used. That thing just keeps chuggin'.
    12-11-12 03:06 AM