When I first bought my Blackberry several months ago, the first thing I noticed about the Blackberry browser was that, like what many reviewers have shown, it was very SLOW. It usually took around 20-30 seconds to load a webpage. I downloaded the Bolt browser and it was a good solution, taking around 4-7 seconds to load pages.

When it came to secure connections, I trusted the Blackberry browser much more, as I could easily see the security protocols very quickly, so for this very reason, I used the Blackberry browser. However, as I used it more, I noticed it became much faster, loading webpages at the same time (or even faster) than the Bolt Browser.

Under the browser options, I looked at the cache operations (where you can find cookies, browsing history, etc) and found an area called "pushed content". I did a small test by clearing everything (including pushed content) and when this was done, browsing speed became pretty slow like when I first purchased my phone. I then used the Blackberry browser to accumulate browsing history, cookies, etc and when I began reaching the same, quick speeds as before, I erased everything except the pushed content. Upon doing this, the quick speeds I had were retained!

After a bit of this experience, it makes me question whether the stock, Blackberry browser is, indeed, slow. I am not sure if I can confirm this yet or not, but it seems the pushed content may have been the factor that helped increased the browsing speed of the Blackberry browser. But in any case, it seems to get better and faster with more use.

Has anyone experienced this and began using the Blackberry browser as their main browser again (as I have)?
    07-18-11 04:01 PM
    Slow is an understatement. Not a problem for me though on my EVO 3D with its blazing fast 1.2 GHZ Dual core processor. I used to have a 9650 and while the 6.0 browser is an improvement over the 5.0 browser, it is light years behind where it should be.
    07-18-11 04:37 PM
    You might be on to something, I have noticed that when you refresh or open a webpage for a second time it uses very little data compared to opening it for the first time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-11 04:37 PM
    My 9700 is pretty fast with OS6 but it was pretty fast on OS5 too.
    07-18-11 04:41 PM
    I thought the OS 5 browser was very slow so I also used the Bolt browser. I now use an HTC EVO Shift, looking back the BB browser seems ancient and super slow particularly on full site page rendering. The android browser screams especially on WIFI and 4G, and now I will actually bypass my laptop to browse on my phone.
    07-18-11 04:43 PM
    Slow is an understatement. Not a problem for me though on my EVO 3D with its blazing fast 1.2 GHZ Dual core processor. I used to have a 9650 and while the 6.0 browser is an improvement over the 5.0 browser, it is light years behind where it should be.
    Dual Core beast FTMFW!
    07-18-11 04:46 PM
    Yes, compared to Android, the BB browser is really slow.
    07-18-11 04:46 PM
    Why is this turning into an Android thread? You guys are completely missing what the OP is trying to tell us.

07-18-11 04:49 PM
    Why is this turning into an Android thread? You guys are completely missing what the OP is trying to tell us.

This is an Android world. We just let you live in it.
    07-18-11 04:55 PM
    Maybe a mod should do some deleting and help this thread get back on topic.

maddie1128 and tacocaliente like this.
    07-18-11 05:00 PM

Quit throwing salt man.
    07-18-11 05:11 PM
    The BB browser is slow. Installing Bolt or OM is a good option. I stick with the native browser, it's slow, but I deal with it. It's faster on wifi than the mobile network.

Clearing the cache doesn't make much of a difference in my experience, I clear all that stuff out after each use, a habit carried over from my Curve 8330 days.
    07-18-11 05:13 PM

By order of J Antonio, Magister 4th District of North America, this thread is officially declared back on topic.

Filed and approved,
    18 July 2011
    4th Circuit Court
    07-18-11 05:19 PM

Glad to see someone actually read my post

While I am not denying the powerful capabilities of androids, I should note that with the new settings on my browser, it's browsing speed has been on par (or sometimes faster) versus the androids of a few of my associates. Not bad for a phone that has half the processing power of an android (LOL).
    Last edited by BBFXPro777; 07-18-11 at 05:22 PM.
    07-18-11 05:19 PM

While I am not denying the powerful capabilities of Androids, I should note that with the new settings on my browser, it's browsing speed has been on par (or sometimes faster) versus the androids of a few of my associates. Not bad for a phone that has half the processing power of an Android (LOL).
    No problemo, I've been in a habit of clearing cache, history and push almost daily, I'll stop deleting push and see what happens.

PS I've watched a friend over lunch today struggle with a LG Optimus 2X dual core serious lag, worse then my Storm 2 ever used to get. 9700 never ever gets that much lag. Also watched him spend 2 minutes trying to set up a calendar entry to test sharing trough gmail with me, I showed him how it's done in under 10 seconds.

So don't tell me about Android.

Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 07-18-11 at 05:29 PM.
    07-18-11 05:23 PM

While I am not denying the powerful capabilities of Androids, I should note that with the new settings on my browser, it's browsing speed has been on par (or sometimes faster) versus the androids of a few of my associates. Not bad for a phone that has half the processing power of an Android (LOL).
    Come on bro I've had both. What are they rocking? A G1 on 1.6 Donut?
    07-18-11 05:26 PM
    Come on bro I've had both. What are they rocking? A G1 on 1.6 Donut?
    I've had both too...I agree with "bro" on this one.
    07-18-11 05:29 PM
    lol sure man
    07-18-11 05:36 PM
    You doods are crazy. Kinda starting to sound like the delusional Apple fanboys with their "If you can't beat Android, then just bash it" mentality. I also have had both. It's like comparing a Corvette to a Toyota Camry. My EVO 3D decimates my old 9650 in terms of the browsing and everything else. Not even close. Those dual cores aren't just for show.
    07-18-11 05:45 PM
    This is an Android world. We just let you live in it.
    Don't be silly. Steve Jobs is just letting you think that.
    07-18-11 05:46 PM
    lol sure man
    I'm not the one visiting the website designed for another device trying to flex my "browser muscles"...in other words, I'm just describing my experience...I'm not trying to prove something.
    07-18-11 05:53 PM
    I'm not the one visiting the website designed for another device trying to flex my "browser muscles"...in other words, I'm just describing my experience...I'm not trying to prove something.
    We are just describing our experiences too.
    07-18-11 06:02 PM
    Its not as slow as some people say it is. It may take a few seconds longer to load a web page as compared to other platforms but that's about it. And when the OS7 phones finally arrive some of you fellas here are going to have to tone down the "slow" talk about the browser.

07-18-11 06:14 PM
    I don't have to leave Crackberry just because I no longer use a BB. I'm not flexing, Just stating the facts sir. I thought we could have a civil discussion without anyone getting offended? Guess not. Would you rather I lie and say my Android is super slow? And why would you think I was trying to prove something. Sounds like you are. Does anyone have to prove that water is wet? No, it just is and I suspect it's always been that way.
    07-18-11 06:41 PM
    Its not as slow as some people say it is. It may take a few seconds longer to load a web page as compared to other platforms but that's about it. And when the OS7 phones finally arrive some of you fellas here are going to have to tone down the "slow" talk about the browser.

Yes but where will iOS and Android be by then?
    CousinIT likes this.
    07-18-11 06:42 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD