Hello,

I'm enjoying my Bold, and now my iPod touch as well. I was curious if it is possible to turn my Bold into a wi-fi access point?

I've seen a software (JoikuLight and Joiku Premium) that will allow Nokia (and some other S60 cell phones) to become wi-fi access points, but so far none for BlackBerries.

Can anyone explain the steps needed to get this working on the Bold?

Thanks!
    03-03-09 01:53 AM
    anyone know anything on this?
    02-01-10 08:07 AM
    yeah. I'm also looking for a solution like this.

My compagny provided me the BOLD Berry with dataplan and an android tablet with only WIFI capability.

Since hot spots aren't always available, beeing able to theter internet from the BB via the wifi to my tablet will be AWSOME.
    Last edited by Tranthom; 02-01-11 at 06:31 PM.
    02-01-11 06:28 PM
    Look at the Cradlepoint routers. they will do what you're looking for:

3Gstore.com, 3G/4G Routers, Antennas, Amplifiers, WiFi, and Verizon, Sprint, AT&T Mobile Broadband Modems
    02-02-11 01:16 PM
    Upcoming models should be out Q4 this year that actually do have WiFi hotspot capabilities included.
    02-02-11 01:24 PM
    Upcoming models should be out Q4 this year that actually do have WiFi hotspot capabilities included.
    That sounds pretty cool. I'm wondering how the BLACKBERRY form factor would support an adequate antenna array, or have the required power levels to be an realistic Hotspot device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-11 06:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD