very sad news this weekend...my blackberry bold died out on me. luckily i back up the phone every so often so i didn't lose much data, but now the phone will not power up at all. i have dropped it a few times - nothing major though.

my question is: do i sell the phone for its parts, or try to get it fixed? i've heard of bbrepair, but if you know of any DIY or cheaper alternatives please chime in! much appreciated...
    04-27-09 08:50 PM
    Could just be a battery, anymore details?
    04-27-09 09:47 PM
    Does it attempt to power on at all? Any screen activity or LED indicator?
    04-27-09 09:51 PM
    i did try another battery from my cousin's bold, but that didn't help. i also plugged it into the laptop and it was not recognized at all.
    04-27-09 09:51 PM
    So nothing?
    04-27-09 10:08 PM
    04-27-09 10:11 PM
    what caused it to die out? is it simply no longer powering on?
    04-27-09 11:14 PM
    very sad news this weekend...my blackberry bold died out on me. luckily i back up the phone every so often so i didn't lose much data, but now the phone will not power up at all. i have dropped it a few times - nothing major though.

my question is: do i sell the phone for its parts, or try to get it fixed? i've heard of bbrepair, but if you know of any DIY or cheaper alternatives please chime in! much appreciated...
    If it at least shows the little watch when you press the ON key you may have a software issue. I thought I lost mine, but managed to recover it using the loader. Check the "nuked blackberry" posts

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 06:53 AM
    no LED indicator and no display. i may bring it to a local mobile shop this weekend; they mentioned that they can look at it and assess how much it would cost to fix. i will check out the other links you guys sent too - thanks.
    04-28-09 08:57 PM
    do you have insurance onit
    04-28-09 09:11 PM
    new phones have 1 year warranty, refurbs 90 days.
    04-28-09 11:09 PM
    dang, that sucks
    04-28-09 11:11 PM
    new phones have 1 year warranty, refurbs 90 days.
    true but i have at&t and bought the unlocked rogers bb bold on ebay. is there any possibility of getting a refurbished bold through rogers even though i'm not a subscriber?
    04-29-09 06:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD