Hi All,

A friend of mine showed me a flyer today that was created by some wireless service reseller that I never heard of.

The flyer offered the latest blackberry models with one year of service.

A bold, for example, was $1700 with one year of service, afterwhich I'm guessing you can sign on for a new plan?

I'm just curious because I know if the main carriers that you can get service from, but I've never heard of this company, and I've also never heard of pre-paying for one year.

Any thoughts? I'm thinking of getting my gf a BB and was wondering if this would make a good gift.

Thanks in advance...the info you guys provide on this site is great!

PL
    02-07-09 05:18 PM
    When you say flyer do you mean an actual professionally printed multi-page Ad that gets tucked into a newspaper, or a photo-copied flyer that gets stuck under a windshield wiper or posted on a bulletin board?

I'd think twice about handing over $1700 to a company you've never heard of (maybe if you name them someone here can tell you something about them).

I've never done this with a BB plan, but back when I had a regular cellphone I used to keep my account in a positive credit so that I almost always had two months in advance there (wanted to have a buffer in case I got hit with unexpected bills). They never gave me any grief about it and when my cell bills came it just showed the monthly charges as being applied against my credit and still leaving me a credit. You may want to speak to your carrier and see if they have a problem with that - buying the Bold outright and 'prepaying' for a year to them may be an option and would probably cost about the same. Just make sure your gf checks the bill to make sure everything is on the up and up month by month.
    02-07-09 05:45 PM
    Thanks for the tips hawk. I had some of the same thoughts, but it actually makes me curious more than anything else.

The flyer just looked like something you could do in MS word, but my friend mentioned he knew a few peoople who bought them with no issues.

I know if Rogers, Fido, Bell, Telus up here in Canada, but never heard of this place before....I don't recall the name.

PL

When you say flyer do you mean an actual professionally printed multi-page Ad that gets tucked into a newspaper, or a photo-copied flyer that gets stuck under a windshield wiper or posted on a bulletin board?

I'd think twice about handing over $1700 to a company you've never heard of (maybe if you name them someone here can tell you something about them).

I've never done this with a BB plan, but back when I had a regular cellphone I used to keep my account in a positive credit so that I almost always had two months in advance there (wanted to have a buffer in case I got hit with unexpected bills). They never gave me any grief about it and when my cell bills came it just showed the monthly charges as being applied against my credit and still leaving me a credit. You may want to speak to your carrier and see if they have a problem with that - buying the Bold outright and 'prepaying' for a year to them may be an option and would probably cost about the same. Just make sure your gf checks the bill to make sure everything is on the up and up month by month.
    02-07-09 06:03 PM
    I never heard of anything like that. well you know the saying "if it's to good to be true it's prbally not"
    02-08-09 06:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD