Hi guys,
    I will be going to Hong Kong in a few months, and I'm wanting BB bold. Any one have prior experience regarding purchasing BB bold there?? Is it unlocked, locked? how much? and where did you get it from? also the warranty etc. any information at all would be so helpful. Also when you brought it back to your country, did it work ok?
    Thanks guys, much appreciated
    05-24-09 08:29 PM
    There's a similar thread about buying BB from HK. I woudlnt recommend it as I'm quite sure the warranty won't be valid. Plus it can be a lot cheaper to just get a BB from your local carrier on contract. I got mine for free

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-09 08:40 PM
    There's a similar thread about buying BB from HK. I woudlnt recommend it as I'm quite sure the warranty won't be valid. Plus it can be a lot cheaper to just get a BB from your local carrier on contract. I got mine for free

How did you get yours for free?
    05-24-09 09:49 PM
    How did you get yours for free?
    Most phones in the UK are free on contract.
    05-25-09 08:38 AM
    I have bought phones from Hong Kong (and laptops, ps3, psp, etc). Most manufactuerers will only cover the item in Hong Kong whilst others will offer international warranties (e.g. Apple on their laptops, not phones). Hong Kong can be a risky proposition due to lack of warranty cover and lack of knowledge of where/who to buy from. It is not for the feint hearted.

Many shops, particularly those around Mongkok and Wan Chai will display two prices, the lower one is for the grey import (also known as a water model) and whose warranty is provided by the store. The more expensive price is the HK stock and has a manufacturer's warranty. Again, this will most likely be limited to Hong Kong.

My 2p, buy in your home country and get a warranty. With the current exchange rate, it is probably cheaper at home as well or at least the difference is not significant to make a real saving.

If your adamant about buying in Hong Kong, avoid any store in Tsim Sha Tsui or along Nathan Road (tbh, I wouldn't buy anything from these shops unless you are looking for designer labels from Sego or Lane Crawford). These are pure tourist traps. Same with the ones around Causeway Bay and Sogo. For phones try either the mobile phone centre on Argyle St in Mongkok (nearest MTR is Yau Ma Tei) or Wan Chai Computer Centre (right at the MTR, though not as many phones). For computers, try Mongkok Computer Centre.

05-25-09 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD