I know several threads were already started about the Bold 9900 turning off on its own, but mine has also had a memory card issue.

I got mine in March after having one with OS5 on it. Tried the OS6 but went back. All was fine for several months then it started turning off. Went to the AT&T store then to the repair place. They told me my card was bad. I got another card and after a while it started doing the same thing. Then the other day I go to listen to my music and it says no card is installed and that I have 0 songs (before that I would get "Error reading music file" for a lot of them.

So my boyfriend took it back and they did something to it (he said some kind of flash fix or new fix???) and some of it looks totally different! Mainly the setup and options menu for starters. I don't know if I'm going bonkers or what! My options menu before this looked just like text in a line on a white page, not what I see now with all the icons. I did some searching and saw it looked like what it did on OS5. Could it be I never truly had the OS7 on my phone to start? I also ended up with all VERY old aps, including Blackberry World, and none would send upgrade messages until I downloaded the new version again.

I see there is a 7.1 update. I wonder why they didn't run that?

The icons and most everything else looks find. Just waiting to see if it will continue to turn off again on its own and sorta confused.
    08-25-12 08:22 AM
    It's not possible to install os5 or os6 on a 9900.
    08-25-12 08:28 AM
    Sounds like they updated your Operating system (OS). I remember seeing some changes to my 9900 from the early OS's to the later ones.

Homescreen>hold Alt - right shift (aA) and press H to check which OS you're on. It will look the same or similar to this 7.1.0.569 (1716).
    08-25-12 09:30 AM
    You can't install os 5 or 6 on a 9900...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-25-12 09:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD