Hi all,
    I've previously posted a thread on here about the differences between the 9900 and 9810. I eventually decided that the 9900 was too expensive for me therefore leaving me with the 9810.

I was in my nearest phone retailer earlier today and they said the 9810 has been discontinued. So if I got a 9810 even though it has been discontinued and after a while the phone developed a problem, would I be able to get another one (under warranty) or not?? if not what happens??

Also the 9790 looks like a decent phone so how does that compare to the 9810 when considering the battery life and overall reliability and performance of both phones??

Please help me... I'm really confused right now.

And thanks to anyone who answers and helps me out!!
    06-25-12 02:18 PM
    You didn't ask them this while you were at their store?
    That's what I would have done.
    But I would hope they would send you another if something was to happen to it since its still under warranty!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-25-12 02:38 PM
    Bold 9900 was the way to go. I know the OP cited it was too expensive, I don't know what country you live in or if the phone gets subsidized under a long term contract, but here in the States its about $200 with a contract which is pretty much the going rate for most top of the line contract subsidized smartphones.

2 or 3 year contract, in the grand scheme of things, its worth trading up. Well unless there is something else you found you didn't care for in the Bold 9900... like maybe the smaller screen than the 9810?
    Last edited by jthep; 06-25-12 at 03:47 PM.
    06-25-12 03:27 PM
    i went from a 9700 to a 9810, and oh boy was that a huge upgrade. i cant even imagine what it would have been like going to the 9900. But my wife and I really like our 9810s

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 Alpha Prime Hybrid using CrackBerry via Tapatalk
    06-25-12 03:45 PM
    Thanks for all the answers,
    @antheauxny the reason why I didn't ask while I was in the store was because it was really busy and I didn't have the time to wait.

@jthep I admit that the 9900 is a amazing phone but from what I've heard it has too many reports of bad battery and other issues. Also the fact that I'd have to pay almost �100 extra for the 9900 (I'm from the UK)

And considering that the phones are only different when it comes to the hardware I can't see the point in going for the most expensive 9900.

Also could anyone help me with the 9790??.....how good is it when it comes to reliability and battery life??
    06-25-12 03:58 PM
    9790 is a bold lineup so its a solid phone. Just like the 9700 was.

As far as the 9810 and being discontinued if you have a problem with it and they have to swap it out you aren't just sitting in the wind if you have an insurance plan. They have to give you a comparable replacement. That's what insurance. I know people that have had tours and when they broke carriers gave them 9900's as an even exchange.
    06-25-12 06:00 PM
    Thanks for all the answers,
    @antheauxny the reason why I didn't ask while I was in the store was because it was really busy and I didn't have the time to wait.

@jthep I admit that the 9900 is a amazing phone but from what I've heard it has too many reports of bad battery and other issues. Also the fact that I'd have to pay almost �100 extra for the 9900 (I'm from the UK)

And considering that the phones are only different when it comes to the hardware I can't see the point in going for the most expensive 9900.

Also could anyone help me with the 9790??.....how good is it when it comes to reliability and battery life??
    I think the difference between the Bold 9900 and Torch 9810 in the States under the ATT contract is $100, so US dollars converted to Euro dollars are similar in value. I was really tempted to get the Torch 9810, since I did luv the build of the Torch 9800 which was my previous phone, but the Bold 9900 keyboard just hooked me... its just too damn good!

As for the 9790, its an older model, running an older OS, I can't say I ever used it, so I cannot knock it, but I had a BB6 phone in the Torch 9800 and I have to say BB7 in my Bold 9900 is leaps and bounds better in everything from browser speed, screen resolution, and just works better...
    06-25-12 06:08 PM
    I would go with the 9810 rather than the 9790. It has a larger screen and being a second generation phone, it is very reliable and well built. As for warranty, RIM will have the parts to fix it or replace it for a few years after it is discontinued.

We have both 9810 and 9900 in the household and if I didn't have the PlayBook for when I need a larger screen, I probably would be using the 9810.
    06-25-12 08:53 PM
    9790 is a bold lineup so its a solid phone. Just like the 9700 was.

As far as the 9810 and being discontinued if you have a problem with it and they have to swap it out you aren't just sitting in the wind if you have an insurance plan. They have to give you a comparable replacement. That's what insurance. I know people that have had tours and when they broke carriers gave them 9900's as an even exchange.

I saw a 9790 for the first time today and noticed the menu keys laid out like a curve and the keyboard keys on the sides seemed to not be protected by the bezel. Are people having problems with outer keys being loosened or ripped out?
    06-25-12 11:33 PM
    Does the 9790 work on AT&T 4g?
    06-29-12 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD