Hey so I went to the bell store and showed them that my bold 9780 would type double letters sometimes ex i press a once and aa or aaa comes up. they did a software update and that did not fix it so they are sending it in. She said they made keep the exterior but replace the hardware inside, i forgot to ask her this but will this result in me having a new bbm pin? Or from your experience what will they do to fix this, new keyboard? entire new phone? Basically what do you think they will do?

Thanks
    02-16-12 02:59 PM
    the stutter on the 9780 is a known issue, and has been around since device release.

I doubt Bell will replace the insides but keep the housing, that makes no sense at all.
    no offense to the in store reps, but they do not know anything about Bell's repair process.

but to answer your question, if they replaced the mainboard, then yes you would have a new PIN. If they just tried replacing the keyboard and membrane, no.
    02-16-12 04:32 PM
    If it's made in Mexico, which is likely, you need to get one made after March 1, 2011. They can determine that by the IMEI.
    02-16-12 04:39 PM
    with your problem i guess the membrane of the keyboard has been worn out or it is faulty.
    i have experienced that some several times with my 97XX's, replacing the membrane, fixed the aaa bbb issue for me.
    yes, if they replace your mainboard then you will get a new pin, but i doubt you will get a new motherboard.
    so to my thinking they will just look into it, and most likely they are gonna replace the membrane or things-related.
    02-16-12 04:45 PM
    I wouldn't worry too much, either way. As long as it was fixed when I got it back, I'd be happy.
    02-16-12 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD