Hi to all, I am no longer a BB user due to a broken LCD screen, the phone was a month old and yesterday when I took it out of my pocket I saw a black spot on the left upper corner so I went to the dealer and they told me the guarantee did not cover the phone screen so here I am hoping to find a solution where I could buy a LCD screen and also the way to remove the original and replace it for a new one, Sad to say but I live in Venezuela and you are not able to find honest technicians nor replacement parts.

I do LOVE my phone and would like to fix it, please let me know of a solution ASAP.

Thanks to all you BB lovers,

Thor Hedderich

[email protected]
    02-13-09 12:09 PM
    That is a pity, your carrier should have replaced it because of a hardware fault.

Your best bet may be one of the fast turn around BlackBerry specialty service shops. You can find them using Google, most likely in the US.
    02-13-09 12:31 PM
    I think they should but it is their word against mine and as always we consumers take the worst part. At this moment I am really desperate to find the replacement and a assembly/disassemble guide, I have done it before with a Toshiba satellite and think I have the knowledge and tools to do it with the BB. Just following the steps should do it. My priority is finding the LCD screen at this moment.

Thanks,

Thor Hedderich

Any help will be appreciated.
    02-13-09 01:15 PM
    Go to Cellular Accessories - BenQ-Siemens, SonyEricsson, HTC, Sony, Accessories Store, 3G, Nokia, Apple, Sams they have replacement parts for berrys there as well as how to videos. Make sure you contact them FIRST before you order to make sure you get all the parts you need.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 01:29 PM
    Great, I have just followed the link and found everything I need including how to do it, thanks, thanks thanks, I still have hope with my BB
    02-13-09 02:46 PM
    Just looked again and the screen is not in stock, wrote them and hope they will tell me when will they have it again.
    02-13-09 03:46 PM
    Just looked again and the screen is not in stock, wrote them and hope they will tell me when will they have it again.
    Check with HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, The World’s Cellular Repair Center �
    they are a good, fast reputiable company and more than likely have the LCD or can get it very quickly.
    02-13-09 03:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD