Here's a video from itbusiness.ca called "BMW X6 reads your e-mail for you" demoing BMW Mobile office at the Toronto International Auto show. Good demo of having the BMW read your BlackBerry (and BlackBerry ONLY) email.

IT Business Video - BMW X6 reads your e-mail for you
    02-24-12 01:37 PM
    My friend's 5 series does that too. And only on BBs. Apparently if you try and connect the iPhone, the iDrive system laughs and displays "no toys".
    02-24-12 01:44 PM
    Only BlackBerry because they worked with BMW...

It's a short jump to a BlackBerry edition BMW where a person could use the PlayBook as the display screen...using the stuff on your playbook

Are companies like BMW using QNX to run their media systems?

Anybody know where specifically QNX is used in vehicles
    02-24-12 05:23 PM
    My friend's 5 series does that too. And only on BBs. Apparently if you try and connect the iPhone, the iDrive system laughs and displays "no toys".
    My BMW has iPhone apps that can display content right in the iDrive display.

More info on this here:

BMW Connected Drive

Also, Siri works through the car's microphone in the headliner and the car's speakers. So you can read messages, dictate emails, etc. through Siri also.
    02-24-12 05:29 PM
    To OP; Thanks for sharing!

That's great! I'll have to try my 9900 in my dad's new 5-series next time I visit. Maybe this will be the reason to push my father to get that BlackBerry phone now, he's been on the fence too long.
    02-24-12 07:49 PM
    Only BlackBerry because they worked with BMW...

It's a short jump to a BlackBerry edition BMW where a person could use the PlayBook as the display screen...using the stuff on your playbook

Are companies like BMW using QNX to run their media systems?

Anybody know where specifically QNX is used in vehicles
    QNX is used in the fancy Instrument Panels in premium cars. The latest ones I saw in Delhi Auto Expo at the Delphi stall was an awesome one. It was a screen which was customizable and internet connected. Showed weather widgets. You could what was displayed, the background image colour etc.
    I asked the person right off if they were working on QNX and he confirmed.
    02-25-12 02:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD