I'm sure there is info in a thread somewhere but I haven't really found an answer to this. If I install and use blend I'd like to know that while I'm away from my home/Laptop that my info is not transmitting to my laptop. I'm assuming that as long as I toggle off the blend in my phone that it won't be connected or showing any phone info? But I'd like confirmation on this and also is it possible to remotely turn on blend on the phone from the laptop? I do have security concerns with a longterm houseguest.

Thanx!

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 06:02 PM
    You'll be fine when you're away.

If you leave your laptop on with Blend connected and no password on Windows anyone can of course use your laptop and blend.

I doubt that you can enable Blend remotely

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 06:23 PM
    I'm sure there is info in a thread somewhere but I haven't really found an answer to this. If I install and use blend I'd like to know that while I'm away from my home/Laptop that my info is not transmitting to my laptop. I'm assuming that as long as I toggle off the blend in my phone that it won't be connected or showing any phone info? But I'd like confirmation on this and also is it possible to remotely turn on blend on the phone from the laptop? I do have security concerns with a longterm houseguest.

Thanx!

Posted via CB10
    If you were to leave your computer on and running, with Blend open, then in order to disconnect your activity while you're away, toggle the Blend switch the the quick settings. There's no remote turn on from the laptop.

Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    jpvj likes this.
    11-27-14 06:28 PM
    Okay cool. So I always have the PC running and I always close all programs, so blend would not be running. So I can password protect Blend on the PC? I'm assuming? And if I keep Blend toggled off on the phone I should be good?

Now with that in mind I also would not be able to access my PC while away? Is that correct? Does blend have to be running on the laptop to allow file access remotely?

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 06:49 PM
    Okay cool. So I always have the PC running and I always close all programs, so blend would not be running. So I can password protect Blend on the PC? I'm assuming? And if I keep Blend toggled off on the phone I should be good?

Now with that in mind I also would not be able to access my PC while away? Is that correct? Does blend have to be running on the laptop to allow file access remotely?

Posted via CB10
    Blend is password protected. And even if someone knew the password, if you turn blend off on your phone, it won't connect.

Remote access and blend are somewhat disconnected from eachother. Blend doesn't have to be on at all for Remote Access to work.

Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    11-28-14 03:19 AM
    Awesome. This is why I'm addicted to Crackberry...

The Best community hands down! Thank you very much

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 05:00 AM
    Awesome. This is why I'm addicted to Crackberry...

The Best community hands down! Thank you very much

Posted via CB10
    You got it!

Remote access is what sold me on bb10

11-28-14 12:26 PM
    So I realize now that remote access is a part of Link, which is awesome! And blend is just amazing. I can't imagine this not bringing people to BlackBerry! I honestly have zero need to ever carry my laptop again.

I feel like the day my Passport arrived! Lol

Maybe I'm a little excited. Thanks again for the help.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 06:02 PM