Show to those never use Blackberry phone the Passport, its ability to multitasking, awesome keypad, great screen resolution, with amazing spec...surely they will impressed. Even iPhone and android users will, if they put productivity, ease of use as well as security above others.
    Comparing Passport with iPhone 6 or 6 plus, with S6, with HTC M8 and other premium phones, Passport easily out-perform most of them...
    But, why it's sale very poor, can't even hit 1 million mark...
    With all the new innovations its hard to believe this, though lack of marketing activities and aggressive A&P may be the main contributors.
    Or, is it the brand, the BLACKBERRY name is the real issue.
    What if Passport produce by Apple, or maybe Samsung.... hitting 1 million sales won't take long...
    IMHO this is the biggest issue for BlackBerry, to rejuvenate the brand to its past glory....
    07-04-15 12:35 PM
    Yeah what would you change their name too? You are probably right! BlackBerry has a bad name now in the USA for sure!

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    07-04-15 12:39 PM
    The Brand in the US at least is dead.... would not really matter how much money BB invested in Advertising.,.. the minute a consumer sees the BB name they harken back to the days of Dinosaurs... only way BB makes a comeback in the consumer market is if they make a Samusung phone with Android and convince Sammy a Google to promote it... stands a fighting chance then... otherwise good money after bad....
    bakron1 likes this.
    07-04-15 12:45 PM
    1-Not all people now appreciate security and all BlackBerry productivity stuff that makes me still use my Z10 Beside ip6.

2- Low marketing over all. Z30 is the best example followed by passport.

3- Like u said about "blackberry", I read an article about a year ago saying "it's just that blackberry is not cool anymore".

4- Lack of apps from the start which gave a bad image.

5- Not the best camera.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 12:46 PM
    I fully agree with you but it doesn't just lend itself to poor marketing.

The Playbook disaster

Releasing BB10 when it was essentially still a beta OS

Claiming to have 100,000 apps at launch when in fact nearly 50,000 of those apps were junk apps released by one developer

A horrible decision in making Thor the CEO which was essentially just moving chairs around as Thor was from a bygone era that wasn't going to do anything to take the company in the direction it needed to be taken

Terrible advertising (back when the advertised for the Z10)

Really bad camera quality at the time when high end smartphones were starting to become capable stand alone shooters

A bad taste in people's mouths over the Storm nightmare that a lot of people endured

All of these things contribute to the state that BB is in, and claiming that its just poor marketing is only a very small part of it.
    jas1978, rlnv, wojt7 and 1 others like this.
    07-04-15 04:32 PM
    I fully agree with you but it doesn't just lend itself to poor marketing.

The Playbook disaster

Releasing BB10 when it was essentially still a beta OS

Claiming to have 100,000 apps at launch when in fact nearly 50,000 of those apps were junk apps released by one developer

A horrible decision in making Thor the CEO which was essentially just moving chairs around as Thor was from a bygone era that wasn't going to do anything to take the company in the direction it needed to be taken

Terrible advertising (back when the advertised for the Z10)

Really bad camera quality at the time when high end smartphones were starting to become capable stand alone shooters

A bad taste in people's mouths over the Storm nightmare that a lot of people endured

All of these things contribute to the state that BB is in, and claiming that its just poor marketing is only a very small part of it.
    Rimming RIM and renaming the company to the product's name, BlackBerry. Now this sticks, and they kind of can't re-brand BB10 even if they wanted. Definitely less flexible now...

:-D

�   Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!   �
    07-04-15 07:36 PM
    It is because people do not want a wide short phone and they do not want or need a PKB. Lastly any other phone out there with a 4. 5 inch screen would be more compact.

Most users want a stellar camera and access to a good app store.

Posted via CB10
    Mr.Willie, 21stNow and bakron1 like this.
    07-05-15 09:38 AM
    I guess they should learn from auto industry, look at Mini, Range Rover, Jaguar.... a 'dead' brand rejuvenated become a new icon now....

Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 11:16 AM
    1-Not all people now appreciate security and all BlackBerry productivity stuff that makes me still use my Z10 Beside ip6.

2- Low marketing over all. Z30 is the best example followed by passport.

3- Like u said about "blackberry", I read an article about a year ago saying "it's just that blackberry is not cool anymore".

4- Lack of apps from the start which gave a bad image.

5- Not the best camera.

Posted via CB10
    1. I appreciate security, as do most, but how is a BB device not on BES any more secure than say an iPhone.

2. Low marketing ? Sure. But the Z30 followed the Z10. The Z10 release was underwhelming. Especially with the random reboots. I. Think it has more to do with joke of a tablet they released and early BB 10 issues

3. Who cares about coolness. I don't need a certain brand or model of a phone to get laid. I do like functionality, which BB lacks.

4. Yep. And if I wanted an Android device, I would get an Android device.

5. Camera. Q10 (what I own) may not be the best mobile device camera out there, but it does ok. I mainly use it to snap photos out in the field. For that and spur of the moment shots it's fine. Really.

Personally I like the size of the Q10.
    07-05-15 12:41 PM
    No one will let the past be the past. Not even current [so called] BlackBerry enthusiasts.

We don't have to sing for praises of BB10, just use it without complaining.

I never defend my Z10, I just use it. When people ask "is that an Android phone" (because I keep it in a protective case), I just show them the logo near the bottom bezel. The response is always "that must be the new BlackBerry ". To which my reply is "yeah, about 2 years ago".

They watch me use it and most of the time they ask to "check it out ". So far a Z10, Z30 and two Passports were purchased because of that experience.

People in the US are mainly trend followers. However, there are those people that are trend setters. iOS doesn't offer the different handsets while Android offers variations of its OS. Still people are looking to move away from the normal experience. I think the slide will help BlackBerry in the long run. There is the possibility that it could hurt them as well.

We will see!

The Z10 STL 100-3 on 10.3.1.2708 BlackBerry owners on AT&T Channel C0032C652
    KemKev and DrConcrete like this.
    07-05-15 12:47 PM
    No one will let the past be the past. Not even current [so called] BlackBerry enthusiasts.

We don't have to sing for praises of BB10, just use it without complaining.

I never defend my Z10, I just use it. When people ask "is that an Android phone" (because I keep it in a protective case), I just show them the logo near the bottom bezel. The response is always "that must be the new BlackBerry ". To which my reply is "yeah, about 2 years ago".

They watch me use it and most of the time they ask to "check it out ". So far a Z10, Z30 and two Passports were purchased because of that experience.

People in the US are mainly trend followers. However, there are those people that are trend setters. iOS doesn't offer the different handsets while Android offers variations of its OS. Still people are looking to move away from the normal experience. I think the slide will help BlackBerry in the long run. There is the possibility that it could hurt them as well.

We will see!

Great story!
    Hope this catches on... :-)

�   Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!   �
    gruv4u likes this.
    07-05-15 12:51 PM

People in the US are mainly trend followers.

Can you back that up with any real evidence ?

I have a Q10 and an eye phone six plus. I could do more with my legacy device than the Q10.

I can do more with my iPhone than I can with the Q10.

There are two things that are better about the Q though.

1) The size. I never used iPhones till the 6+ because I thought they were too small, yet I also like the size of the Q10. Go figure. It has to do with the iPhone's screen being too narrow. Q10 is very pocketable. I can button my top shirt pocket with it in there.

2) Q10 does a much better job of interfacing with my vehicle. I get my text messages on screen and can have them read to me. No glancing at my phone.

Back on track. I disagree with the trend following, to a certain extent. Some apps are "hot" and people go crazy over them, then popularity falls off.
    07-05-15 02:32 PM
    BlackBerry used to be cool. If it did everything people wanted it to do it would be cool again. People mock BlackBerry because eventually the subject is some app that isn't available on out BlackBerry devices. Everything else is just noise. Build a winner of a device, get the apps people want, and let the word spread.

Curious how successful the BlackDroid device(s) will be.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 05:39 PM
    BlackBerry used to be cool. If it did everything people wanted it to do it would be cool again. People mock BlackBerry because eventually the subject is some app that isn't available on out BlackBerry devices. Everything else is just noise. Build a winner of a device, get the apps people want, and let the word spread.

I really believe this whole app thing, especially for the consumer, is somewhat overstated. I don't know that even if Google Play Services and the Play Store was on every BBRY going forward, it would significantly improve sales. The lack of interest in BBRY is the result of a combination of factors of which failing to anticipate consumer demand/needs when it comes to a smartphone is right up there!.

As an aside, recently I was on vacation and pulled out my Passport to take some pictures. A teenager who saw me was quite alarmed that I had a touch screen BlackBerry. Seriously. So even before we talk about market share and apps, BBRY needs to figure out how to capture "mind share" first.
    07-06-15 12:26 PM
    There so many reason why there is not many sales
    1= No Rep's
    2= No Insentive's to cell providers for salespeople to sell
    3= Salespeople don't know nothing about Blackberry
    4= No advertising
    5= Negative Media
    I can go on......
    I'm out promoting BlackBerry every day and I don't work for them. I use my Z10,Z30,Passport,Classic and Leap in rotation so people see BlackBerry has a phone for everyone.
    Would like to see the Slider have 2 operating systems and "WORK EVEN WIDER"

B.BANDROID WAGON.....
    07-06-15 01:18 PM
    I really believe this whole app thing, especially for the consumer, is somewhat overstated. I don't know that even if Google Play Services and the Play Store was on every BBRY going forward, it would significantly improve sales. The lack of interest in BBRY is the result of a combination of factors of which failing to anticipate consumer demand/needs when it comes to a smartphone is right up there!.

As an aside, recently I was on vacation and pulled out my Passport to take some pictures. A teenager who saw me was quite alarmed that I had a touch screen BlackBerry. Seriously. So even before we talk about market share and apps, BBRY needs to figure out how to capture "mind share" first.
    Hey, I can get past the apps issue and am willing to be a contrarian in my phone purchase but I want a BlackBerry that is equivalent to the Samsung Galaxy and iPhone 6. The Passport is not that phone. If they would just ditch the square screen !

Maybe the Slider will be that phone .
    07-06-15 02:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    It did everything people could do at that time but time have changed and people want to do more with smartphones. Blackberry has not kept up with modern time and it is simply too late today to catch up with Samsung and Apple
    RH1Pearl likes this.
    07-06-15 11:51 PM
    Focus on enterprise and business market. Focus on software related activities. A new direction that we caannot deny its importance.....but cant they focus on consumer market as well?
    Maybe break into s few small busines units... spin off bbm for instance....work aggresively with 3rd party manufacturer, like foxcom for z3.... but it seems stop there. No more new phone from that partnership. BlackBerry hv a huge potential.... adapting the right strategiies is crucial to make it happen...

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 08:42 AM
    It did everything people could do at that time but time have changed and people want to do more with smartphones. Blackberry has not kept up with modern time and it is simply too late today to catch up with Samsung and Apple
    I don't think they are too late, efficient Google play with services will be just fine.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 10:51 AM
    Comparing Passport with iPhone 6 or 6 plus, with S6, with HTC M8 and other premium phones, Passport easily out-perform most of them...
    care to backup that up with some performance benchmarks? Clearly you don't know that from a performance standpoint, any and all BlackBerry products are very behind the technology curve. The Passport is a fine product, but by no means does it perform better than the iPhone 6, Samsung 6, or HTC M8... it's not even close.

Android Benchmarks - Geekbench Browser
    BlackBerry Benchmarks - Geekbench Browser
    iPhone, iPad, and iPod Benchmarks - Geekbench Browser
    07-07-15 11:15 AM
    Focus on enterprise and business market. Focus on software related activities. A new direction that we caannot deny its importance.....but cant they focus on consumer market as well?
    Maybe break into s few small busines units... spin off bbm for instance....work aggresively with 3rd party manufacturer, like foxcom for z3.... but it seems stop there. No more new phone from that partnership. BlackBerry hv a huge potential.... adapting the right strategiies is crucial to make it happen...

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry has never been able to multitask. They literally stopped working on PlayBook to work on BB10, even though they were supposed to be one and the same OS at one point, and they have 20,000 employees at the time. PlayBook was later just abandoned. This is just one example but their are more like OK focus = no new all touch devices, just a frankenZ, I mean Leap.

Posted via Z30
    07-07-15 01:38 PM