BlackBerry recently came out with the betazone app which eroded the use of PC in getting beta apps for BlackBerry devices. I was just wondering, can't that be used as an official app for releasing software leaks? That would have made it quite simpler in my opinion, as the only reason I don't like leaks, is the stress you go through using a PC. What do you guts think
    10-05-13 10:15 AM
    You're not supposed to be getting the software leaks, hence the name "leaks". BlackBerry is not giving them to us, and they are not beta versions of the OS. They are not going to make it even easier for us to get them.

--Q10 and Canadian all the way! Posted via CB10 on 10.2.0.1443. #IChooseBlackBerry10
    10-05-13 10:17 AM
    It would be really fantastic and i'd have a go with leaked OS!
    Because my mac and windows version doesn't let me launch the installer, always an error occurs that finally bored me.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 10:17 AM
    in a perfect world, yea that would be nice.

however the leaks provided on the forums are released by internal bb employees to another forum member, (i think LBFE) and then is tested by some people, then released to us.

if they wanted to make the beta operating systems easily available, they would likely set it up so you could include beta searches in your settings/software updates menu.
    10-05-13 10:20 AM
    Of course leaks aren't legit but if they could find a way to pass them through the Beta Zone app (even if we just had to put it manually in the right folder via a pc) that would really help

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 10:38 AM
    Somehow this has to happen lol or a app created to download leaked OS'S

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 10:51 AM
    Hahaah what a dumb thread. Why would BlackBerry, the ones who do not want the leaks to come out, make it official with the beta zone app?

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 10:53 AM
    Not going to happen. Not sure where you think leaks are from.
    Taigatrommel and SK122387 like this.
    10-05-13 10:53 AM
    Not going to happen. Not sure where you think leaks are from.
    And where do you think leaks come from? It comes from ppl working at blackberry and it's being going on for years. It's not like blackberry doesn't know. They might as well make it beta
    10-05-13 10:04 PM
    And where do you think leaks come from? It comes from ppl working at blackberry and it's being going on for years. It's not like blackberry doesn't know. They might as well make it beta
    BlackBerry releasing leaks will never happen.

That's why it's called a "leak."

We aren't supposed to have them. While BlackBerry might turn a blind eye, it would be a dumb thing for them to release them.

Imagine the problems people have with leaks, where they come on here and rant about an issue. That would now be BlackBerry's problem.

BlackBerry sanctioned leaks would do much more harm than good.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 10:17 PM
    Yeah, the only reason they turn a blind eye is because procuring and installing a leak is such a deliberate and relatively-painstaking process (as compared to just hitting 'update' in BlackBerry World). By performing such a process you are effectively acknowledging the risks and agreeing to deal with the consequences, freeing them of any responsibility and/or liability.

Posted via CB10
    stackberry369 likes this.
    10-05-13 10:36 PM
    BlackBerry releasing leaks will never happen.

That's why it's called a "leak."

We aren't supposed to have them. While BlackBerry might turn a blind eye, it would be a dumb thing for them to release them.

Imagine the problems people have with leaks, where they come on here and rant about an issue. That would now be BlackBerry's problem.

BlackBerry sanctioned leaks would do much more harm than good.

Posted via CB10
    Well people who download beta app doesn't seem to come here and rant about issue, so why would people wants to rant about blackberry for a beta os.
    There's even employees walking with beta phone containing beta os
    As a matter of fact I don't really even see post ranting about the leaked os.

I'm pretty sure releasing beta os to a few will definitely help them and they can drop carrier support for testing and releasing them

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 08:36 AM
    Well people who download beta app doesn't seem to come here and rant about issue, so why would people wants to rant about blackberry for a beta os.

I'm pretty sure releasing beta os to a few will definitely help them and they can drop carrier support for testing and releasing them

Posted via CB10
    Lol there's a guy named mr.mister and there is also a mister sir.
    10-06-13 08:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    Well said. The same people ranting are the same ones that will come on here and start yapping about how late their carriers are in releasing the new OS. Some of you need to sit for an hour and think before you comment on post. A beta OS will not only help us bypass carrier late release date, it can go a long way to push the best beta Os out.
    10-06-13 11:29 AM

Posted via CB10
    For BlackBerry 10 at least, all the Beta Zone has is BBM Channels, with very few problems.

An entire beta OS leaves the door wide open to more problems than a beta BBM app could ever cause.

Have you been to a thread with a leak? BlackBerry probably doesn't want to deal with 30 pages of comments asking what's new. BlackBerry has enough of a headache right now, providing assistance to a bunch of people with a leaked OS doesn't seem like something they need.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 03:17 PM
    For BlackBerry 10 at least, all the Beta Zone has is BBM Channels, with very few problems.

An entire beta OS leaves the door wide open to more problems than a beta BBM app could ever cause.

Have you been to a thread with a leak? BlackBerry probably doesn't want to deal with 30 pages of comments asking what's new. BlackBerry has enough of a headache right now, providing assistance to a bunch of people with a leaked OS doesn't seem like something they need.

Posted via CB10
    That's why it comes with a huge CAUTION! Do it at your own risk. And there are people who don't mind taking risk for a change.
    10-06-13 07:54 PM