I've never had any other smart phone other than BB.

If you've read my posts before you know my bold 9900 has malfunctioned and I decided to try out another phone since bb10 won't be out till sometime next year.

I thought it was a good opportunity to try something new.

After trying numerous different phones and taking them back, I can truly say that BB is the best phone in the world.

Even if the phone is out of date compared to the specs of other models. It makes no difference.

I'm am not a supporter of companies. I could care less about RIM, Apple, Google, etc etc.

I don't know them and they have no relation to me. So why would I care?

Anyone who does is foolish(no offense).

I shop for quality and many other reasons. Real reasons. Of course, everyone has their own preference and style, but I shop pretty much the same way everyone else in the world shops. Whether it's electronics or appliances or whatever.

The reason I'm saying these things is because I am extremely unbiased.

I care zero for these companies. It's all about the product.

Anyway, the one and only reason I've always owned a blackberry is because of the keyboard.

So, since my 9900 basically broke, I decided to try something new. See what all the hype is about. After all, I could care less for Rim for anyone else. It's about the product and I was sure that by switching, I was making the right decision.

Why have a Toyota when i can have a Ferrari right?

When I buy a phone, I buy a phone. Meaning phone first and everything else 2nd. I mean it is a phone right?

So, while browsing through phones, I decided to go with the Nokia Lumia. I really like the live tiles. Plus Nokia(1st) and Motorola(2nd) were always my first choice in phones. They were always the best and most reliable(my opinion).

The Lumia is an extremely beautiful phone. Very cool stuff. However, it doesn't compete with the 9900. Not even close.

I was confused. Asking myself "why doesn't it do this or that, where are the features and convenience that blackberry has and why is everything so complicated and blah blah blah".

I returned it for a Galaxy III. Again, beautiful phone. The specs are fantastic. However, same deal with the Lumia.

I returned it for the IPhone. Same deal.

These phones are extremely beautiful and "neat". The specs are great. However, they are toys and nothing more. They are extremely over hyped. It's a trend.

The 9900 isn't as beautiful and all that, but not far behind at all.

We see commercials with celebs using these phones and we're wow'd.

I thought to myself, is it the apps? The answer I found was no. Any apps that were of any significance was already on the BB and BB did it better.

BB is truly the greatest phone in the world and it doesn't even come close.

I'm talking about BB 7.

I truly believe that people who praise android's or IPhone's are simply lying to themselves or have never used a BB.

I really hope that BB10 does not become these phones.

I'm hoping BB doesn't change what it has already and just improves on the specs.

I LOVE the trackpad, options button, call/end buttons. I know BB10 will get rid of these things which after playing with these other phones is very disappointing.

Give me a 9900 with the same specs as the others and nothing even comes close to comparison.

Even if BB10 wasn't coming out, I'd still take a BB 7 9900 over anything else and believe that it's still superior.

RIM, you truly messed up. Go market your BB10 like never before. Hire some celebs. Do what you have to do.

Thanks for reading.
    engert, FrycHiKn, FMB8900 and 7 others like this.
    08-23-12 01:41 PM
    Well said I think the 9000 and 9900 are the best mobile devices ever made and will continue to use them for a long time.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-23-12 01:45 PM
    Dude I'm very unbiassed too but you just have to excuse the hate on apple. They're now clearly just a phone for idiots that just want to look rich yet like morons.

BB is good but android is also pretty sweet. Aside from keypad and BBM android is pretty sweet
    08-23-12 01:50 PM
    Good post jkrc717.
    I have changed many phones over the years and i like BB because it's a phone first and not a remote engine starter, it's got a physical keyboard, it's consistent, very well build and durable and you can customize the OS.
    But if they get rid of the physical keyboard with OS10, i might switch to Nokia again.
    08-23-12 02:01 PM
    TLDR. Glad you like your phone.
    Donnee likes this.
    08-23-12 02:09 PM
    It's the best for you, for others the iphone is best, for others android... We live in a world where people are free to choose which device they want, that's just how it works

Me? I like the blackberry phones, I also like iphones, but it depends what I'm doing which I would pick up
    Shlooky likes this.
    08-23-12 02:21 PM
    AS much as you try to make it seem as if you are a reasonable user that has given this the requisite thought to make such a declarative (and foolish at the same time) statement you completely give away your bias (and I don't mean in a good way) and single-mindedness.

I've never had any other smart phone other than BB.

After trying numerous different phones and taking them back, I can truly say that BB is the best phone in the world.
    Somehow I get the sense that these were all cursory looks and not the in-depth evaluation needed to declare something "the best"

Even if the phone is out of date compared to the specs of other models. It makes no difference.
    This is making excuses for your device while trying to pass those excuses off as virtues.

These phones are extremely beautiful and "neat". The specs are great. However, they are toys and nothing more. They are extremely over hyped. It's a trend.
    Still goes down as the dumbest phrase uttered on this site. Why people continue to do so says more about them than whatever it is they are criticizing.

I truly believe that people who praise android's or IPhone's are simply lying to themselves or have never used a BB.
    Right, people who praise Android or iPhone are lying to themselves. It has nothing to do with those devices being their PERSONAL PREFERENCE? And how is their praise for the device they prefer any different than this love letter of yours?

The reason I'm saying these things is because I am extremely unbiased.
    Seriously? Not even you can read that and not laugh a little.
    08-23-12 02:23 PM
    I would take your post in consideration but after you said toys and unbiased. That just threw it out the window sorry to say.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    08-23-12 02:23 PM
    Dude I'm very unbiassed too but you just have to excuse the hate on apple. They're now clearly just a phone for idiots that just want to look rich yet like morons.

BB is good but android is also pretty sweet. Aside from keypad and BBM android is pretty sweet
    Damn. You figured out why I bought an iPhone. Has nothing to do with the apps I use at work are on iOS only.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    08-23-12 02:26 PM
    Damn. You figured out why I bought an iPhone. Has nothing to do with the apps I use at work are on iOS only.
    You use your iPhone at work? lol
    Do you guys have an AngryBirds game-server or something?

Ok, just a little humor won't hurt anybody.

I kind of understand the OP, where he's coming from. I don't know him personally but i've switched many phones (i also have an iPad). For some reason after changing many phones i keep going back to BB. I don't know, i just understand his frustration that's all.

Be cool.
    08-23-12 02:33 PM
    Great that you love your phone. But, everyone has different preferences, different needs, different work flow, different usage pattern. I cant argue that the Bold 9900 is a great phone, but the word "best" is really subjective. I do think that it is a very pretty phone, I would rank it right at the top of my list together with the Lumia 800.

But to be fair, the 9900 does have its weaknesses. So does the flagship Android devices, iOS devices, and Windows Phone devices. There isn't really a perfect phone right now to be honest.
    08-23-12 02:34 PM
    The first line alone makes you entire post biased.
    08-23-12 02:44 PM
    They shouldn't have fired Jim and mike because they made the greatest phone in the world already.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    08-23-12 02:58 PM
    I don't understand some of you people.

It's like you argue and bash for the sake of boredom.

I thought this was the perfect forum to post my opinion. It is a blackberry forum isn't it?

There are people out there who want to try something new. Maybe they're frustrated with RIM. Maybe confused or undecided. Maybe my post helped some of those people out because I was one of them.

Just because I only owned blackberries doesn't make me bias. I said that the reason I stayed with blackberry is because of the keyboard.

This was a good opportunity to try out the other high end phones out there and make an unbiased opinion.

Believe me, if I thought any other phone was better, I'd stick with that phone and post on their forum.

This is all my opinion people.. MY OPINION!

You can quote me all you want, your taking what I say out of context.

Good for all of you who prefer your iphone's and android's or whatever. This post isn't for you.

Truly stupid bored disturbed people.
    08-23-12 03:21 PM
    These are the most entertaining threads on the site. It really shows that some people have too much time on their hands.
    08-23-12 03:23 PM

Truly stupid bored disturbed people.
    Proof that evolution is not a constant or a given.
    08-23-12 03:25 PM
    There isn't really a perfect phone right now to be honest.
    Maybe for everyone, but to me my phone is perfect.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    08-23-12 03:41 PM
    I will say this, the Bold 9900 may not be the 'best' smart phone out there, but it does have an awesome keyboard and it's built very solid. That is what I miss most about the phone as I lost mine.

Just because you constantly buy and return phones doesn't necessarily give you that unbiased opinion, it makes you more indecisive than anything. Returning a phone every two weeks is a little ridiculous.
    cckgz4 and pantlesspenguin like this.
    08-23-12 03:42 PM
    There's a well thought out and artfully crafted post.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go tell my wife and my partners that they are idiots who just want to look rich, yet look like morons.
    OLY-JIM and pantlesspenguin like this.
    08-23-12 04:02 PM
    Nokia(1st) and Motorola(2nd) were always my first choice in phones. They were always the best and most reliable(my opinion).
    Pre-BlackBerry I agree.

The 9900 isn't as beautiful
    I disagree. the 9900 with it's brushed steel edges is the most beutiful phone out there. The only phone that comes close (& I can see how some would say is even more beutiful) is the iPhone 4/4s. Both of those phones are beutiful phones...problem with the iPhone is that well, it's an iPhone. Looks good but doesn't do much well
    08-23-12 04:13 PM
    I manage about 15 people and until I switched them over to BB phone, we could not control our cost because we were always having to replace defective phone. BB phone quality have made a huge difference, you get what you pay for. Best business phone by far is BB phones.
    axeman1000 likes this.
    08-23-12 04:24 PM
    I respectfully disagree. When my co-workers get 3x more work done on their iphone or android that I can on my 9800 due to speed or even connection (they are also on AT&T) then something is not right. You can argue or even flame me all you want, but until BB10 comes out, I flat out can't agree with you. I sure hope RIM can pull a hat-trick with this one!
    08-23-12 04:35 PM
    Love how people get worked up over someones opinion.
    08-23-12 05:33 PM
    I respectfully disagree. When my co-workers get 3x more work done on their iphone or android that I can on my 9800 due to speed or even connection (they are also on AT&T) then something is not right. You can argue or even flame me all you want, but until BB10 comes out, I flat out can't agree with you. I sure hope RIM can pull a hat-trick with this one!
    I'd agree with you too, as I had a Torch 9800, but now I'm using a borrowed Bold 9900 till I buy a replacement battery for my torch... Its a world of difference between the 9800's OS6 and the 9900's OS7, I've been stalling on buying a new battery cuz I don't wanna go back but I will return the Bold soon. I would suggest to upgrade to a 9900 but BB10 is around the corner, so I'll be using my torch once I get my replacement battery till BB10 comes out.

In terms of iPhones I really believeS is incredibly smooth but its very very limiting in what terms of what you can change to your preferences, it has a large app selection as well. One of the problems I find with icloud is it downloads all the apps from one device and also downloads it to everything else, just wastes space on the phone if I download it on the ipad, I'm not sure if its an issue that can be solved but it is a drawback.
    Android is smooth with the newer ICS and Jelly Bean, there have been issues with gingerbread on the galaxy s ii. The widgets really give you a customizable experience without the restrictive feeling from iOS. Phones and android OS versions are very fragmented, hence why I said versions from ICS till now are better.

I'm glad that RIM is now reducing their fragmented market down to 2 screen sizes. Support for all legacy BlackBerry smartphones (OS 5,6,7) will continue to be supported even on BYOD and mobile fusion to allow all users enterprise and regular customers to transition to the new phones. I'm patiently waiting for BB 10 phones to come out to make a decision on which phone to upgrade to, either a newer android device, possibly iPhone 5, BB10 touch or keyboard. I'm leaning towards BlackBerry but I am interesting in looking at the new iphone (insert name here) and the newer android devices
    Last edited by noob_00; 08-23-12 at 05:54 PM.
    08-23-12 05:39 PM

<3 wanna make sweet man love to me. i feel the same way as you do on the apple regards, their products are simply for morons that follow. they are simple and proof, and unless they are jailbroken they are extremely restrictive. being a person that knows and understands technologies and can figure things out, its just no doubt why i hate stupid proof software.

i've had tons of family ask me what type of phone or computer to buy, my sister did it and then bought a iPhone4S and i refused to help her with it when it crashed so she had to go to the apple store.

i've had cousins ask me what type of laptop to buy and asked how are the imacs, i tell them they are over prices and you can get a PC for a 1/4 of the price and with windows7 they are simple and fast and bug free, then because someone else suggested the iMac they went out and bought it. i fixed one of her PCs that blew a powersupply then found out she bought an iMac so i doubt i'll be helping her again.

the as my suggestions then don't take it, so why bother askign me what i think then asking me for help is it really far to waste my time?
    08-23-12 05:49 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD