So im going to the beach in a couple weeks and i was wondering if i should take my BB. Im scared to get sand in the device but i cant part with my BB for a long time. Im thinkin about just putting my SIM in an old phone and taking it down there. Has anyone taken their BB to the beach before? If so, what were your experiences, good or bad. Any info would be appreciated.
    05-19-08 02:37 PM
    If you're gadget savvy, and if you did get sand in it, you could just take it apart when you come back and blow it out with air.
    05-19-08 02:41 PM
    I say live life to the fullest. You only live once so you should enjoy it. Besides you may end up being needed at work and what are you gonna tell your boss. You weren't available because you were afraid of a little sand getting in your phone. Or what if something comes up and you need to make a last minute phone call? I wouldn't chance going without my BB, you just never know what can happen.
    05-19-08 02:46 PM
    Put it into a ziplock baggie. I do that when I go boating or fishing. It should work for sand.
    05-19-08 02:49 PM
    I am as addicted to my BB as the next guy but I don't think I would take mine to the beach. First off I wouldn't want to get sand in it, second I doubt the screen would be that readable in the full sun at the beach and third I like to get off the leash every now and then and then and the beach is one of those places I refuse to be on the leash
    05-19-08 02:51 PM
    Take it with you. Be extra careful and/or take the precautions DacBerry suggested. You could always leave it in the car, so it's close by if you need it.
    05-19-08 02:52 PM
    i took mine on a fishing boat for nine hours and was fine. :-) don't know about the sand though. you can always take it apart and blow it out.
    05-19-08 02:52 PM
    If I'm planning on going in the water, I put my BB in my Otter box. Not the defender, but an actual box, plus they float. If not, I have a Body Glove waterproof pouch for it.
    05-19-08 02:53 PM
    I took it to the beach last week and put it in a plastic bag. No problems.
    05-19-08 02:56 PM
    I just got back from panama City beach, I wasn't a fool I wrapped my tool, Zip lock all the way.
    05-19-08 02:58 PM
    All the Time, These are last Thursday and Friday
    Del Mar Beach, Ca
    Last edited by Seacliff; 02-21-10 at 11:09 PM.
    05-19-08 05:32 PM
    I bought this water tight, protective plastic case (looks like a very heavy duty, thick plastic bag) from REI. Its perfect for outdoor activities. Its about 20 bucks but completely worth it. I just don't trust plain old ziplock bags.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-08 05:46 PM
    i've taken my 8700 before to the beach once. what i did to be safe, was put it in a ziplock bag. it worked fine for me.
    05-19-08 06:34 PM
    I live close to the beach, so I go alot. I always take my BB with me. I usually will leave it inside my beach bag and check it every little while. I have never had any problems with sand, but of course, be careful! Enjoy the beach!
    05-19-08 06:39 PM
    Put it into a ziplock baggie. I do that when I go boating or fishing. It should work for sand.
    Best idea. I do it all the time. Aaaaaaaaand you can stream media through it, or play local music (from your MicroSD card) while it's in the bag.
    05-19-08 07:37 PM
    Put it in a plastic bag

Welcome Newbies.
    05-19-08 07:46 PM
    I took my BB to the Beach. I was very careful. But somehow sand got flung on it (it just came outta nowhere) and it was tough to get out. With canned air I was able to blow out most of the sand from the keyboard, but you could still see specks of sand under the screen.
    This sand incident was breif and only a half a handful of sand... i dumped it over right away yet it lodged its way into every orifice.

DONT TAKE IT.
    THATS MY SUGGESTION. Sand will find its way in...
    05-20-08 01:05 AM
    i always take mine to the beach & yes, plastic bags work great.

best bet though... keep it at home.
    05-20-08 01:09 AM
    You know, I'm thinking, you're at the beach, sun is shining, breeze is coming in from the east, you are probably with friends or family, good looking women and and men (well maybe not that 60 y/o in the Speedo) all over the place and it's supposed to be fun.

Give the people you're with your undivided attention, enjoy God's creations and just forget about the damn phone, plastics bags and the rest. Just get out there and have untethered fun. Sometimes you just got to do that!
    05-20-08 01:15 AM
    You know, I'm thinking, you're at the beach, sun is shining, breeze is coming in from the east, you are probably with friends or family, good looking women and and men (well maybe not that 60 y/o in the Speedo) all over the place and it's supposed to be fun.

Give the people you're with your undivided attention, enjoy God's creations and just forget about the damn phone, plastics bags and the rest. Just get out there and have untethered fun. Sometimes you just got tot do that!
    Another great point. The beach is to relax and kick back. You're BB would probably appreciate the break too.
    05-20-08 01:17 AM
    take the bb if you want, i have mine on vacation right now and ive been on many beaches in different countries
    i love my bb because (unlike some other phones) its a ryder!
    if you're gonna be stayin on the beach for long periods of time i would use the plastic bag idea, that sounds good
    my bb rydes naked
    05-20-08 06:05 AM
    I have done the same thing. I works well, keeps it dry and clean.
    05-20-08 06:47 AM
    I live at the beach and do not use any plastic bags, but do keep it in my leather case.
    05-20-08 10:21 AM
    Can't believe this is a thread...

Should I read stories to my berry at night?
    I'm cheating on my Pearl with a BOLD.
    When's a good time to propose to my Curve?
    05-20-08 11:22 AM
    I had mine on the beach before and like a few other members have said, I just used a plastic bag. Enjoy your vaca!!!
    05-20-08 12:44 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD