Really? Ok let's check which version iOS need it to have some features. iOS needed almost 5 years to have some features that BB OS 10 have from the begining!
    Weather - (iOS 5.0), Music, Videos (iOS 5.0) , Photos - Crop, red eye fix, auto enhance and photo rotate (iOS 5.0), Facetime (iOS 4.1), iMessage (iOS 5.0), Camera - Auto-focus (iOS 4.0) - Crop, red eye fix, auto enhance and photo rotate (iOS 5.0) - Panorama (iOS 6.0) - Photo filters (iOS 7.0), Maps - Apple-sourced maps (iOS 6.0) - Turn-by-turn navigation using Apple-sourced maps (iOS 6.0), check complete features here iOS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Almost forgot a feature that BlackBerry has missed on all versions (including OS 10.0): make your smartphone USELESS iOS 8.0.1
    But iOS 5 was almost 4 years back. No use talking about which grew at what pace because where they are currently, is more important.

Q5 SQR100-3/10.2.1.3442
    LazyEvul likes this.
    01-31-15 07:27 AM
    I quite agree that BlackBerry/BB10 has made significant progress since 2yrs ago and I'm a much happier user of the brand. My BlackBerry Z10 and now #1 Classic help me work more efficiently than before. I'm also proud to say, as a die-hard, fanatical BB user, I'm very much contented with the brand and doesn't care much either about the other brands. In my opinion, the other brands are not any better than BlackBerry; they have simply become more popular because BlackBerry failed to deliver on time and keep up with a few modern trends. Also, the media has really done a job of beating up on BlackBerry to discredit them and further add salt to their wounds. Although BlackBerry has regained some lost momentum, I still think that it would be very difficult for them match up with the two leading heavy weights. Their vast financial resources as well as media support are probably the main obstacles to BlackBerry regaining #1 spot. However, size or quantity is not the same as quality and the jury is out to decide where some judges are only fighting to keep their chairs. For me, though, I think that BlackBerry offers the best solutions in mobile devices for professional work (not just play) and that's where my preference lies.
    01-31-15 07:35 AM
    Happy that many of the playbook/z10 bugs i had aren't on my passport
    01-31-15 08:03 AM
    it still fascinates me, how good this os is, and how it lags basics, like some language support, etc.
    01-31-15 08:04 AM
    As Blackberry fans, we tend to compare one BB release to the next, but what Blackberry should be doing is comparing it's next release to future IOS and Android releases.
    Bam! Why be in the game if you don't want to compete and win?
    01-31-15 08:19 AM
    BB10 has matured nicely over the past two years. Blackberry as a company, is just shoring up what they must to in order to be sold. To me my friends, that, is depressing.
    MikeX74 likes this.
    01-31-15 08:41 AM
    The OS has made a slow steady progress over the last 2 years to the point where, in my opinion, it is finally usable. That is why I bought a Classic. Now lets see if the company can rebuild its new existence which is not focused on handsets. If so we should all be happy down the road.
    01-31-15 08:56 AM
    Since loading 10.3.1.2072 on my Passport I'm pretty happy with it. It has come along way since it was released. Android support is what keep me here though. Would like to see more native apps but I don't think that is going to happen. The apps are going to be filled with android apps. Doesn't really matter to me as long as the phone is serviceable.

Passport on AT&T
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    01-31-15 09:13 AM
    Yep...totally agree!

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 09:17 AM
    So, looking forward, will BB10 be mostly known as an Android fork in a couple of years?
    01-31-15 09:54 AM
    Blackberry has made incredible strides in their phones. The functionality of the hub is something that hasn't been duplicated in any phone that i've had. I'm definitely missing it on my 6Plus. It's one of the things that miss. I was actually thinking of going back to my Z10 just for the hub.

As for the apps, Blackberry needs to come to a decision on what they want to do. They can't keep short changing the customer with Play Store-Lite with Amazon, Snap, 1Mobile. Either go full android or full BB developers. To go full android would mean better battery life(they could optimize the phone for the runtime instead of just throwing it in there), full access to the Play Store, and finally being able to code notifications for android apps to be in the Hub. It was annoying to no end when i would use an app on my Z and I had to physically go into the app to get a notification.
    01-31-15 10:08 AM
    I was thinking this morning, maybe the most innovative Phone/System at last??

What has Apple and Android brought to the table. Same old reheated stuff just slightly bigger and faster. But nothing which made me think its crazy new.

Ok, i give Google the edge because their environment is pretty amazing in terms of service and user friendliness
    01-31-15 10:56 AM
    I was thinking this morning, maybe the most innovative Phone/System at last??

What has Apple and Android brought to the table. Same old reheated stuff just slightly bigger and faster. But nothing which made me think its crazy new.

Ok, i give Google the edge because their environment is pretty amazing in terms of service and user friendliness
    Well Android was always the most feature packed and adaptable OS. It can be anything anybody wants. That was never the problem,it had other issues.

Also while the OS is maintained by Google, the OEMs are the one that usually innovate this for Android.
    01-31-15 11:21 AM
    Well Android was always the most feature packed and adaptable OS

I wouldn't go that far.
    01-31-15 11:39 AM
    I wouldn't go that far.
    It is the most open source and adaptable OS I have ever used.
    01-31-15 11:52 AM
    Really? Ok let's check which version iOS need it to have some features. iOS needed almost 5 years to have some features that BB OS 10 have from the begining!
    Weather - (iOS 5.0), Music, Videos (iOS 5.0) , Photos - Crop, red eye fix, auto enhance and photo rotate (iOS 5.0), Facetime (iOS 4.1), iMessage (iOS 5.0), Camera - Auto-focus (iOS 4.0) - Crop, red eye fix, auto enhance and photo rotate (iOS 5.0) - Panorama (iOS 6.0) - Photo filters (iOS 7.0), Maps - Apple-sourced maps (iOS 6.0) - Turn-by-turn navigation using Apple-sourced maps (iOS 6.0), check complete features here iOS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Almost forgot a feature that BlackBerry has missed on all versions (including OS 10.0): make your smartphone USELESS iOS 8.0.1
    A few issues with your comment:
    1. I'm not sure if you know this or not, but the term, "a snail's pace" usually involves how often or frequent something happens. He's referring to the frequency of updates, not their contents.
    2. He criticized BlackBerry. Is that not allowed here?
    3. Why is any criticism of BlackBerry always met with a list of issues that another company or OS may have or have had? Your comment may as well have been, "But, but Apple has problems, too!" The issue here is BlackBerry, not Apple. Don't be a fanboy and bury your head in the sand, thinking they can do no wrong or that they don't need to improve.
    emanuel0ss0 and Donvald like this.
    01-31-15 12:52 PM
    Agree.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 12:53 PM
    It is the most open source and adaptable OS I have ever used.
    Adaptable needing OS modifications, open source isn't everything, frankly on proper customisation like UI I think Symbian wins with its native Theming ability (PNG, SVG ect pretty much every UI graphic/app icons)
    01-31-15 01:02 PM
    Adaptable needing OS modifications, open source isn't everything, frankly on proper customisation like UI I think Symbian wins with its native Theming ability (PNG, SVG ect pretty much every UI graphic/app icons)
    Non-modified it still allows more adaptability than any current OS. I agree though, Symbian was awesome back in the day.

Posted from my awesome Classic.
    01-31-15 01:11 PM
    They need bring back the way BlackBerry Protect works on legacy OS, and also fix the mess which is the contacts situation merging itself with people that aren't remotely related...
    01-31-15 01:21 PM
    Running a PP on stock 10.3.0, still got Z10 as backup on 10.2.1 and the OS has made big strides. We cannot have everything in a phone, some things are essential for one user, others for another.

Passport or Z10, whichever is nearest
    01-31-15 01:44 PM
    I think they have done a great job os wise. Apps, and too an reagent hardware are still a little behind though if the Passport is any indication, hardware won't be an issue anymore.
    01-31-15 02:00 PM
    I think they have done a great job os wise. Apps, and too an reagent hardware are still a little behind though if the Passport is any indication, hardware won't be an issue anymore.
    Dunno really, they released the Passport with it's excellent hardware then ruined it again with the Classic.
    01-31-15 03:36 PM
    I would very much like to agree. Considering my beloved Z30 doesn't have the 3.1 update yet (Verizon) and it is not clear if/when a major US carrier (Verizon) will deign to carry the Passport of Classic, or whether there will be A Z50, I join those who say "long way to go yet".
    PS-- where 's video on BBM?
    PPS- still using my PlayBook (and wishing it had BB10.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 04:47 PM
    "Small simple items" like what? How is it not functionally on par with any OS and what common industry features does it lack? Are you sure you're don't have it the other way around 'cause there's a lot that I can do with my BB10 phones out of the box that I can't do or can't do as easily with phones running other mobile OSes.

A couple examples are running apps from more than one mobile OS, pairing Nintendo Wii Remotes and have them functioning in apps like Retroarch. Being able to do the same with USB gamepads. Being able to share folders from my PC and access files anywhere there's an Internet connection. Sharing files from within almost any app - For example the ability to just press and hold and share a music file that's playing over Bluetooth. The ability to share items on facebook as a private message as opposed to only on someone's timeline. Being able to encrypt the device as well as the SD card, while still using the phone. Being able to use the same security features, example picture password, even with encryption enabled. The ability to take call notes with pictures and attachments included.

Posted via CB10
    Ummm. Let's see now. Off the top of my head: A proper address book that works, a proper call log that gives you the needed info quickly and easily without having to search around for hours, a browser that easily switches between mobile and desktop mode.

Since you bring up apps let's talk about that. They had to add the ability to access other platforms' applications because they lacked sufficient ones under their own OS. A heck of a lot of the Android apps don't work properly. Many of them are slow and buggy, and some of them just don't work at all. That's hardly something to brag about.

 Posted using my Z30 via CB10 
    Donvald likes this.
    01-31-15 04:56 PM
139 12345 ...