Hi,
    I just wanted to know if it's true that to drain the battery when you first get a blackberry or any phone is BAD & just kills the battery life? I tried NOT to do that but accidentally let it die... does this mean my battery is going to be SHOT & won't hold a charge as long as it did?
    THANKS!!!
    01-10-10 09:32 PM
    no it wont hurt your battery
    01-10-10 09:37 PM
    Theres alot of different opinions on how to "break in" a battery but its really all trial and error. Letting the battery die by accident isn't really going to hurt the performance.
    01-10-10 09:55 PM
    Actually i was told by many people that using your device until your battery is dead is the best way and then fully charging it "everytime". i have done this with 2 phones and ever since my batteries are long runners.
    01-10-10 10:06 PM
    I've heard mostly that you should use the battery until it dies and then recharge...however I never do that, I just charge while I'm sleeping or if I feel that my battery power is too low, I haven't had any problems with battery life...but like Hondateg91 mentioned "its really all trial and error"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-10 10:32 PM
    It is good to let it die the first time. I need to charge it every other day. I find it best to always charge it turned off. Many people have different opinions on that. I also will have it turned off if using the car charger. A car charger is a boost and shouldn't be used for a long period of time. It doesn't have a timer on it and it doesn't know when your BB or any phone for that matter is completely charged.
    Also your BB will charge quicker if turned off. Mine is charged up within an hour.

There are ways you can add battery life to your BB. Deleting your SMS and emails, making sure you close out of applications Switching doesn't close them out. You need to CLOSE out. I have my LED light set at 10 and that is fine for me.
    I use Quick Pull app for battery pull every morning. I have it set for 7 a.m. I will do a physical battery pull a couple times a month but the Quick Pull is good too.
    I make sure I clean out the cache in the Browser all the time and also clear the event log nightly. These steps really help the battery life too. If you don't know how to clear the event log click on the alt key and hold it down and type in caps
    L G L G then click on the menu button then clear log, then delete

This will help the battery life on your BB
    01-11-10 12:55 AM
    nah.it's not true.
    01-11-10 01:41 AM
    No its not a good ideal to let your battery run dead in an blackberry.If anything its best to keep it charged up , or even bump it up. . Once in a while it wont hurt but not to always let it run dead .

I never turned off my phone even when I charge it at night .
    Last edited by DavidNC; 01-11-10 at 04:31 AM.
    01-11-10 04:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD