I've Had my blackberry pearl 8110 for 2 months now ... i bought it used and its in a really good condition.
    But about 3 weeks ago i noticed the battery was draining very fast ... so i bought a new one ...bt nw i notice tht it starts 2 drain very fast also ... i would leave my phone charging all night ... plug it out at 8:30 a.m. and by 10:30 a.m. the battery is at half charge.
    i dont think this is right and the only applications i have running are : BBM , PTT , Messages , phone and Browser ... and i currently dont have service so i am not using the browser or bbm . And i also notice that the battery will heat up after playin music or while charging the battery gets warm but not too hot to burn .
    Please can someone help me or give a solution the problem ... Thank you
    04-09-11 10:13 PM
    Well first of all, I am using a 9700 but not sure if this helps. I believe it is normal when I leave it charging and it gets warm. For me warm is fine but hot it a no way.

Battery drain can cause by a lot of thing. It could be a hybrid or os went bad or simply because the battery is bad. My question is, when you bought your battery, did you extra charge it for the first time? In my country, first time charging battery must be done for 8 hours straight to ensure the battery able to keep or last long. After that second charges onwards is just fine. No more additional longer charging neeed.

I wonder if you have battery warranty. If you have that, try bring it to the shop and ask for a replacement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-11 10:36 PM
    Also I have noticed a huge difference in battery performance depending on who I got the battery from.

Purchased a cheep supposedly OEM battery from China, worked fine for about a week and then started to discharge faster and faster until it doesn't last half as long as an older OEM battery does. Threw it in the trash within 30 days of buying it.

It's hard when buying batteries because a lot of them say they are Original Blackberry Batteries when they are not.

BTW, reginald_1986 has given you a good way to determine a good battery from a bad one when shopping online. Good warranty = Good OEM battery, Bad warranty (or none at all) = Bad Non OEM battery.
    Last edited by Jaszman; 04-11-11 at 07:24 PM. Reason: BTW
    04-11-11 07:11 PM
    Avoid buying cheap battery or charger especially if it is made form China. No offence but most items (not all) from China are usually lower in quality.

Okay, unless you desperately need one just for backup, then by all means
    04-11-11 09:18 PM
    Looking at your list of issues, lack of BIS doesn't seem to be part of the problem. Is your drainage occuring in the same location, or is it constant? If it is in a particular location, you may very well have a signal problem. Perhaps a tower has gone off line, been removed, or is having a processor issue. If your device is constantly shifting/seeking a signal, it draws power and causes your battery to heat up. Add in the media player, you'd be getting even more heat. The fact that this has a timeline makes it a fair guess you're having a signal problem.

04-11-11 09:41 PM
    Avoid buying cheap battery or charger especially if it is made form China. No offence but most items (not all) from China are usually lower in quality.

Okay, unless you desperately need one just for backup, then by all means
    Ok, I'll call you on your statement. Take a quick look at your OEM BlackBerry chargers: Made in China. I'm sure you'll find it the same for a great many things, so painting with a broad brush is a major whoopsie. Details, details.

04-11-11 09:46 PM
    I had the same thing only my Blackberry Curve was fine until I updated it. The phone drained its battery very quickly even after I got a new battery and the phone felt hot all the time. I uninstalled Blackberry Messenger and IT'S FIXED! If you don't know why it suddenly is draining the battery try to uinstall Blackberry Messenger. Please google the uninstallation process because it was not that simple and I needed help.
    05-12-11 01:37 PM
    I had the same thing only my Blackberry Curve was fine until I updated it. The phone drained its battery very quickly even after I got a new battery and the phone felt hot all the time. I uninstalled Blackberry Messenger and IT'S FIXED! If you don't know why it suddenly is draining the battery try to uinstall Blackberry Messenger. Please google the uninstallation process because it was not that simple and I needed help.
    It sounds more like a software/hardware(possibly) issue more than just BBM. Im hoping the OP found an answer to his battery problem by now. I mean it's possible for one app to be constantly pulling data and this can cause the battery to heat up since the processor will be working extra hard. An OS reload could help as well.
    05-12-11 02:40 PM
    I am convinced that it was BBM. The program is not compatible in our rural area or with sprint or something. My phone is fine and the only thing different is I don't have BBM any more. If someone is not using BBM on their phone uninstalling it is worth a try.
    05-13-11 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD