Many of us discuss about the software and rumor.

in here I want to discuss about the BB design.
    in my opinion the BB handset design is not good enough. Why ?
    1. For many new user it is not easy to type. difficult if I can say.
    2. Look at the Led positions and function. when we are reading at the screen, the LED is blinking to our face/ eyes. and is is not good four our eyes.
    3. USB Charger not standard. if the charger is standard mini USB it will be easier to find and exchangeable
    and others

what do you think ?
    06-04-10 06:28 PM
    1. the keybords are more or less standard full qwerty keyboards with the expection of the suretype models and the new 9105 t9 style kyboard. the options are there for you.
    2. if the led is bothering you then check your messages.
    3. the chargers are industry standard usb mini or usb micro. they are not using propritary connectors.

all your complaints are meritless, if you want to complain use the "push in" touch screens or dated os or bad web browing, for a few examples.
    06-04-10 06:39 PM
    As far as the LED goes IT CAN BE TURNED OFF also. From where did this guy come?
    06-04-10 06:42 PM
    1. the keybords are more or less standard full qwerty keyboards with the expection of the suretype models and the new 9105 t9 style kyboard. the options are there for you.
    2. if the led is bothering you then check your messages.
    3. the chargers are industry standard usb mini or usb micro. they are not using propritary connectors.

all your complaints are meritless, if you want to complain use the "push in" touch screens or dated os or bad web browing, for a few examples.
    Exactly.

And I have tried a lot of phones and I can say the form factor with the BB keyboard is one of the best. IT conforms to the movement and positioning of the thumbs in quite a natural way. Any flat row keyboard falls flat on that point. The Palm Pre was bad for people like me with big thumbs. But the BB's are great.

A red LED does no damage to you. In fact, red won't even interfere with your night vision. Shine a red light in your eyes in the dark, turn it off and you can still see as you did before you turned on the light. No damage.

And I don't even know where you got your info (the OP) about the charger. As the above quote states, it's standard. Unless you have a 5 year old phone that is.
    06-04-10 07:08 PM
    what do you think ?
    I can't say, that would be mean.

1. For many new user it is not easy to type. difficult if I can say.
    2. Look at the Led positions and function. when we are reading at the screen, the LED is blinking to our face/ eyes. and is is not good four our eyes.
    3. USB Charger not standard. if the charger is standard mini USB it will be easier to find and exchangeable
    and others
    1) There is a learning curve to every phone you will ever buy. BB are def one of the best keyboards imo of all phones. (not saying there isn't a phone out there that is easier, I'm talking in general)
    2) I have never heard of anyone complaining about this and never ever thought I would... but boy that was stupid of me. You can turn off all leds flashing..................................... And like the guy above said, check your messages lol.
    3) I have no idea what you're talking about there. Their phones do come with usb charger standard... unluess your talking about a dock or something... but what the heck does that have to do with the design of the phone?
    06-04-10 07:09 PM
    3) I have no idea what you're talking about there. Their phones do come with usb charger standard... unluess your talking about a dock or something... but what the heck does that have to do with the design of the phone?
    Stop being logical and get back in the pit.

It puts the lotion on it's skin...
    06-04-10 07:12 PM
    I would have to respectfully disagree with the OP. I think that BlackBerry smartphones are beautifully designed. The keyboard is one of a kind. Never had a better typing experience on a device. BlackBerry devices are very well thought out in my opinion. The 9700 is a work of art. And my Tour isn't too shabby either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-10 09:14 PM
    The OP needs to turn on spell checker he's killing me! Utomo you need to get yourself a rotary phone and call it a day! * Turn On Your Spell Check! *

06-04-10 09:15 PM
    I for one love the keyboard on my bold 9650. I enjoy watching the many colors of my LED light...sometimes I just stare at it LoL...and the USB charger does what it was intended for...charging and data transfer :-) my BB rocks!

06-04-10 09:16 PM
    The first two are two of the biggest reasons people use BlackBerrys. They have the best keyboards and they have the great LED message indicator.

The third, well, most phones are using Micro USB now, along with many other devices. Nothing unusual about it at all!
    06-04-10 11:22 PM
    I had no issues with the keyboard. I found the BlackBerry keyboard easier to type on than any other phone. That is the main reason I chose it.

The LED can be disabled if one finds it annoying.

There is nothing non-standard about the micro-USB or mini-USB ports. They connect just fine to USB ports on all PCs.
    06-04-10 11:39 PM
    The keyboard on BlackBerry smartphones is amazing. I wouldn't use any other smartphone to write my novel on.

06-05-10 04:30 AM
    The OP needs to turn on spell checker he's killing me! Utomo you need to get yourself a rotary phone and call it a day! * Turn On Your Spell Check! *

I took the OP's post grammar and spelling as pretty good for someone who's primary language is not English. Much better than I could do in some other language. Bbs are global, CB has global membership.

I have two Bb's, one has mini-usb, the other has micro-usb. One has 2.5 mm headphone jack, the other has 3.5 mm. I wish they'd standardize among their own product line.

06-05-10 06:04 AM
    I took the OP's post grammar and spelling as pretty good for someone who's primary language is not English. Much better than I could do in some other language. Bbs are global, CB has global membership.

I have two Bb's, one has mini-usb, the other has micro-usb. One has 2.5 mm headphone jack, the other has 3.5 mm. I wish they'd standardize among their own product line.

Look at the age difference between your 2 phones.

They have standardized,
    they have accepted the micro-USB as being the standard as the mobile phone consortium changed to that as the standard so RIM did as well, I believe every phone POST Storm 1 is has the same headphone jack, and same USB charger.

it is unreasonable for someone to assume standardization of hardware would extend beyond 5 years, people already complain about BB's being left behind, if they never moved with standards that would be more ammo.
    06-05-10 06:22 AM

it is unreasonable for someone to assume standardization of hardware would extend beyond 5 years, people already complain about BB's being left behind, if they never moved with standards that would be more ammo.
    You're right, of course, the 8830 is old. And running an old OS. At least it has a USB port, instead of a DB25 serial port Still, I've got eight other devices with miniUSB, one with micro, but it's a minor thing. How common are microUSBs becoming among non-RIM devices?
    06-05-10 08:33 AM
    Very common. Micro-USB has been adopted as the new world-wide standard by all the significant manufacturers.
    06-05-10 08:39 AM
    I need to increase my electronics budget and buy new stuff so I can keep up with these things better
    06-05-10 09:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD