I backed up everything on my Curve 8900 through Blackberry Desktop Manager before I updated my software. After restoring my .ipd file, I went to my contacts and saw that there were none there. I checked the back up file through the restore select data and saw that the contacts field had no contacts at all!
    Is there any way that I can get my contacts back? I don't get why it didn't back up my contacts when I did a full back up?! I feel so crappy right now..ugh!

HELP PLEASE!!!
    x
    04-04-11 08:31 PM
    Did you have contacts registered with gmail though wireless sync???
    04-04-11 08:34 PM
    I would try restoring JUST that database using the advanced options, from an older backup. Even if you did not make one, your computer MAY have if you ever updated your OS, just do a search *.ipd
    04-04-11 08:34 PM
    Now that I've been sitting around and pulling my hair out trying to figure out what I did ..I think I realised what I did wrong...I think I hit sync contacts and I wasn't on my laptop, I was on my mum's and she has no contacts on..so I think it pretty much wiped out all my contacts...does that make sense?
    04-04-11 08:55 PM
    Do you have other backups? Have you ever upgraded your OS? If you DID they the OS upgrade made a backup we can use. We can use DM's advanced options to do a selective restore of JUST that database from the other backup.
    04-04-11 09:07 PM
    Naw... They're gone..3 years worth of contacts...Oh well..c'est la vie!
    Thanks for all the help though! X
    04-04-11 09:37 PM
    Do you use those antivirus apps? Some has contact back up which you can restore it.

Alternatively, if you had done some backup previously, you can just do selective restore and you should be just fine. At least you have some contacts in hand.

Good luck!
    04-04-11 11:04 PM
    This is why I back up my device once/twice a week.

Good luck on getting your contacts back!
    04-05-11 12:46 PM
    You've NEVER done an OS update, or device switch on your PC? If so we can probably recover your contact. Both those activities make their own backups which we can find and use. Try doing a search on your PC and mom's PC for *.ipd files, and let us know what comes up.
    04-05-11 03:24 PM
    I use DataBackup (free) by S4BB to backup contexts. They save them in an open format which can be processed with all kinds of tools, so a restore is always possible.
    04-05-11 10:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD