I'm looking for some help in trying to understand and figure out why my Blackberry is so low on available memory within the Blackberry AppWorld application?

According to the Appworld app, the amount of available memory is highlighted in a RED color, and shows 20.1 MB left. The version of Appworld running is 2.0.0.36.

I'm using a Blackberry 8530 Curve on Sprint CDMA running v5.0.0.654.

According to the device's memory manager, here's the breakdown of the memory usage:

DEVICE MEMORY: 32.0 MB
    TOTAL FREE 95% 30.1 MB
    TOTAL USED 05% 1.8 MB

PICTURES <1% 18.1 KB
    DOCUMENTS <1% 67.2 KB
    OTHER 5% 1.7 MB
    FREE 95% 30.1 MB

MEDIA CARD: 7.4 GB
    TOTAL FREE 64% 4.7 GB
    TOTAL USED 36% 2.6 GB

In the Appworld app, these are the current programs presently installed:

CB PODCASTS 425 KB
    DICTIONARY AND THESAURUS 277 KB
    GT BLACKJACK ONLINE 274 KB
    GT SLOTS ONLINE 245 KB
    MR NUMBER CALLER ID 236 KB
    NOBEX RADIO COMPANION 290 KB
    ONMYWAY 524 KB
    PAYPAL 724 KB
    SCANNER RADIO 433 KB
    STITCHER PODCAST RADIO 375 KB
    YOUMAIL VISUAL VOICEMAIL 393 KB

Finally, other than the native pre-installed Blackberry Apps that always run in the background, there are 4 other third-party apps that always run in the backgrounds, and those are:

Ubertwitter 0.988,
    Google Voice 0.1.7,
    Mr. Number / Skydeck 3.45, &
    YouMail Visual Voicemail 2.0.0.1

I don't know, but it seems to me that there should be much more available memory in Appworld for more programs/apps to be installed. Apparently, if those apps were available for direct installation (outside of AppWorld), my device would seemingly have plenty of available memory to install and run them.

Any thoughts, suggestions, ideas on how to resolve this?

Much appreciation,

-Wolf-
    08-30-10 12:46 PM
    From within app world Press ALT + R S T. This will dump the appworld cache. Hopefully this frees up all your missing memory.
    09-01-10 07:29 PM
    Hopefully that works, but with the new appworld I have never had a problem with memory in the new appworld. Appworld 1 had no idea what my memory level was but the second one seems to be on track... I am not sure what is going on with yours.
    09-01-10 07:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD