I just got my new BlackBerry, and I love it! But whats so good about the Apple Iphone? Can someone give me similarities or differences and pros and cons for each brand?
    04-20-08 02:21 AM
    A friend of mine has an iPhone and one day we were on duty together and traded for the day. For me the BB is better because the PIM and e-mail are much better (although it's lacking in symbols). Plus, I really didn't like the no keyboard/buttons thing. I thought the internet was a bit better on the iPhone and the multimedia stuff way better (although I never listen to the mp3s I have loaded on mine anyway). As a phone, I don't really care for either one anyway and I don't know if a bluetooth headset works with an iPhone - which would be important to me. We both stuck with what we had because I want Outlook and Office in my pocket and he wants a radio and tv in his. That's my take on it.
    04-20-08 03:38 AM
    here are some people's opinions: http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/iph...y-curve-30571/

04-20-08 05:04 AM
    I've messed with an iPhone before and it didn't impress me. It looks great but I didn't like the feel of it when I talked on the phone. I use my BB for emails and the web. Besides the price tag of the iPhone was too much for me.
    04-20-08 06:48 AM
    Blackberry's have push email, Iphones do not. The Iphone has a better web browser then the Blackberry. The Iphone is hard to type with their keypad then a Blackberry. If you are going to use your PDA for Business get a Blackberry just because it has push email. Iphone is a fun toy if you ask me and not that great for a person's Business needs.
    04-20-08 07:38 AM
    You are probably not going to get any pros on the iPhone. A lot of users have not used the iPhone or not long enough to be able to make a decision for you. I have had it for over 6 months before I sold it and will probably get this device again once 3g rolls out.

Also you never stated what your needs were.

Push - iPhone does have push if you use yahoo email. I actually liked having yahoo on the device better than the blackberry. On the iPhone, I can go into my personal folders that I have set up.

3rd party apps are coming and there will probably be more than BB. Right now a lot of developers want to make apps for the iPhone. Big devs and smaller devs.

Exchange support is also coming as well.

I had an iPhone and it didn't meet my needs at the moment. Although I wasn't a internet hungry user, when I had the iPhone, I racked over 100MB of data in a month.

Touchscreen - was a breeze for me. The built in dictionary is crazy good on the iPhone, so if mistakes are made, they are corrected (for the most part)

I didn't both putting positives about the berry, because I know everyone is going to cover that.
    04-20-08 07:58 AM
    I have an iPhone but was thinking of going to a 8120. PLEASE HELP.

The browser is important to me and I know the 8120 now has a mouse pointer you can move around the screen. Is there a better browser out that makes the BB browsing experience closer to the iPhone's (Opera, etc...?) Or not really?

How is music playing? Stereo bluetooth? Also, how does Telenav run using a bluetooth puck? These are the reasons I'm thinking of moving to the 8120.
    04-21-08 04:26 PM
    You can get Opera Mini 4.1 beta, its awesome for the BB, and makes up a lot to the iphones browsing, although the iphone's browsing is amazing with Safari.

It has a2dp stereo bluetooth, and, although its not an ipod, it works very well.

Telenav works vewry well with the GPS puck, and the wifi is amazing on these.

The BB is a workhorse, email machine, that is slowly making its way into the consumer market.

The iPhone was built as an iPod, with phone thrown in, and it works very well at what it was designed for, fun and multimedia. iPod, browsing, and Youtube.

In all reality, your best bet is to go to a store and just play with an 8120, and you will see what i'm talking about.
    04-21-08 04:34 PM
    Can the 8120 do playlists? Like on my iPhone, I have a "study" playlist and a "gym" playlist... Can I choose "gym" playlist and then have it play "random" ?
    04-21-08 04:38 PM
    On my 8320, with the new OS that is on the 8120, it can do playlists. Although, if it can't, within the next few months when 4.5 OS comes out, it will. Also, the 8120 has capacity of up to 8gb SDHC card as well, so it can hold the same music, if not a little more, than the 8gb iphone.
    04-21-08 04:40 PM
    Remember...you're asking on a Blackberry forum the pros of the iPhone. If you want to balance the bias, make sure you post a similar question on an iPhone forum.
    04-21-08 04:41 PM
    Honestly, i won't knock the iPhone for what it is, but i think the BB and iPhone are 2 different animals, in 2 different categories.

To me, its like comparing a Ford F-650 truck with a Ferrari F430

The F650 is a workhorse, not worries too much about looks, but all about function and getting things done.

the Ferrari is fast, and sleek, and looks good, but doesnt really get much done, and isn't very useful.

And the costs are nearly the same.
    04-21-08 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD