ok im SOOOO new to this balckberry thing and i have no idea what you can and cant do with a blackberry on AOL ive had ALOT of conflicting answers so i'll try it here can you use your blackeberry to enter the AOL chat rooms that you would use via you home computer and if so can u also use the IM feature just like if you were home??? any idea what this cost ??? ANY help would be great thanks jim
    05-27-08 07:37 PM
    People still go into AOL chatrooms? Heck, I didn't know they were still around- I must seriously be getting old.
    05-27-08 07:45 PM
    guess im in the wrong place
    05-27-08 07:59 PM
    guess im in the wrong place
    I'm sorry; I didnt say that to make you run away. Maybe someone can answer that for you.
    05-27-08 08:03 PM
    you can use JiveTalk for IM, theres a 30 day free trial, then it's 19.99 for the user license.BeeJive :: JiveTalk mobile messenger - instant messaging to go. You can log into all types of accounts at the same time, aol, yahoo, msn etc.

As for the chatrooms...never visited them lol so i have no clue.
    05-27-08 08:12 PM
    you can use JiveTalk for IM, theres a 30 day free trial, then it's 19.99 for the user license.BeeJive :: JiveTalk mobile messenger - instant messaging to go. You can log into all types of accounts at the same time, aol, yahoo, msn etc.

As for the chatrooms...never visited them lol so i have no clue.
    When you say log into your accounts, is it just for instant messaging?
    05-27-08 08:17 PM
    When you say log into your accounts, is it just for instant messaging?
    Yes, it is just for instant messaging (as far as i know). I only use one account on it (AIM) so i have not logged into more than one account at a time, although it does have that capability. Also JiveTalk uses data, so it does not go against your text messaging. It never disconnects, it's in the IChat style and its amazing. You can try it for yourself for 30 days...and believe me it will have you hooked
    05-27-08 08:23 PM
    AOL has chat rooms? Lol! So wasn't aware of that..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-08 08:25 PM
    I just thought chatrooms was so over. Had no idea ppl still used them; especially AOL.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-08 08:38 PM
    i didn't even know aol had chatrooms either lol! i didn't think ppl used em either lex haha
    05-27-08 08:42 PM
    AIM still has the chatroom option, but i honestly cannot remember the last time i was in one...maybe like 3-4 years ago? lol
    05-27-08 09:30 PM
    AIM still has the chatroom option, but i honestly cannot remember the last time i was in one...maybe like 3-4 years ago? lol
    Its been much longer than that for me.
    05-27-08 09:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD