when its comes to mind blackberry, then its comes to security or the user privacy, i have never used the android devices because it big G data mining thing , i am wondering how much is the NEW BB Android devices are currently working or giving the user's privacy and security ? can a person with never ever used the android phones can trust the new android phones or its the just the name adjacent with blackberry to making people fool to let people buy. I still vote for BB should worked in their own OS release phones because people are still trust them and wants to stay and keep managed in the market.
    04-22-17 03:53 AM
    when its comes to mind blackberry, then its comes to security or the user privacy, i have never used the android devices because it big G data mining thing , i am wondering how much is the NEW BB Android devices are currently working or giving the user's privacy and security ? can a person with never ever used the android phones can trust the new android phones or its the just the name adjacent with blackberry to making people fool to let people buy. I still vote for BB should worked in their own OS release phones because people are still trust them and wants to stay and keep managed in the market.
    For me its better than any other Android manufacturer security wise but its Android....
    04-22-17 04:01 AM
    BlackBerry Android are not only secured on software level but also at hardware level in the kernel. With the addition of monthly security updates. BlackBerry can't be rooted and they have tried! For myself and company would not use other Android if keeping in mind security.
    04-22-17 04:06 AM
    With a BB big G will mine your data as much as it do with any other Android. If your concept of security and privacy involves this, so no, BB is any more secure than any other Android.
    04-22-17 05:09 AM
    Privacy and security are not the same.

With Android, you have little or no privacy. You become the product, and Google knows their product very well. You can rest assured knowing that Android does provide some level of security, because Google does not want to compromise the integrity of its product.

As long as you can accept that using an Android device means losing your privacy, becoming a product of Google, then you will have no problems.

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    04-22-17 05:38 AM
    Privacy and security are not the same.

With Android, you have little or no privacy. You become the product, and Google knows their product very well. You can rest assured knowing that Android does provide some level of security, because Google does not want to compromise the integrity of its product.

As long as you can accept that using an Android device means losing your privacy, becoming a product of Google, then you will have no problems.

To be fair, using any mobile OS means you're prepared to be the product of the company providing it (Google, Apple, BlackBerry, etc) and your telco.
    04-22-17 08:30 AM
    I don't have a BlackBerry android phone but I do have an android device and from my experience I can tell you that most of the security and privacy protection is more in the hands of the user. I'm the end you are the one who gives permission to let apps access your data as well as secure your files. Not at all saying that android is secure because it's not I see flaws, but be mindful of how you use your phone wich is a device for communication not hardware for keeping top secret level information

Posted using a VeryBold BlackBerry Q10
    04-22-17 10:59 AM
    Any system is only as secure and private as its weakest link... and more often than not, that weak link is the end user. Weak passwords , trusting 3rd party clients with who knows what security, and voluntary sharing of information on social media is much worse than any data mining performed by Google.
    04-22-17 01:42 PM
    Any system is only as secure and private as its weakest link... and more often than not, that weak link is the end user. Weak passwords , trusting 3rd party clients with who knows what security, and voluntary sharing of information on social media is much worse than any data mining performed by Google.
    True! Now a days we post everything willingly which we afraid of data mining. We are miners!!
    04-22-17 04:44 PM
    It's as secure as the user, so it's in the range between "Fort Knox" and "God help you".
    Praganad likes this.
    04-22-17 05:29 PM
    You're supposed to trust BlackBerry unconditionally when it comes to security.

And never question them.
    TGIS likes this.
    04-22-17 11:26 PM
    I think privacy versus security to me is almost like anonymity versus confidentiality. You can have one without the other.

While the data mining may be intrusive, reading up a bit will illustrate the ways the data are used, which in and of itself isn't a "Security" threat. For mostly aggregate data uses and enhancing how your device works for you, some could argue the data collected is advantageous to consumers. I agree once it threatens "Security" it becomes an issue. I don't think that the Google Data issue is a "Security" threat, but I believe based on other readings that an individual can easily open themselves up to vulnerabilities on Android.

With BlackBerry Android, the levels of Security are layer upon layer. From Nougat, to DTEK, to BBRY Kernel hardening, and monthly patches, it's as secure as Android gets. But again, the user can always allow something inadvertently.
    xandros9 likes this.
    04-23-17 08:01 AM
    I think privacy versus security to me is almost like anonymity versus confidentiality. You can have one without the other.

While the data mining may be intrusive, reading up a bit will illustrate the ways the data are used, which in and of itself isn't a "Security" threat. For mostly aggregate data uses and enhancing how your device works for you, some could argue the data collected is advantageous to consumers. I agree once it threatens "Security" it becomes an issue. I don't think that the Google Data issue is a "Security" threat, but I believe based on other readings that an individual can easily open themselves up to vulnerabilities on Android.

With BlackBerry Android, the levels of Security are layer upon layer. From Nougat, to DTEK, to BBRY Kernel hardening, and monthly patches, it's as secure as Android gets. But again, the user can always allow something inadvertently.

The default access settings on apps are those that yield minimum security. It should be the other way around so that access is turned off by default instead of on.

This is done of course to give the best first user impression of the app and to maximize data mining for Google.
    04-24-17 06:13 AM