Had my first BlackBerry ( this Classic) just a week.. I put it straight up against a rack on my workbench( in the BlackBerry holster) so I could see the led when a message comes up. In front of it was lying a little drilling machine with a drill. I had to reach for something and my Classic fell forward right onto the drill.... right next to the ear speaker.. and the screen shattered..... it took weeks before I found a replacement screen.

Posted via my awesome Classic
    jmo712 likes this.
    07-27-15 12:51 PM
    Last year August, had the Z10 for 15 months. Never had a phone for more than a year max. Got the Z30! Beautiful and sexy device. Dropped it 10 feet on a concrete floor. Crack all the way down, but worked perfectly fine. Until the SO used the flashlight in the kitchen. She dropped it 6 feet on a corner of metal. Huge chunk of glass fell out! Still worked like a freaking charm. Until the 10.3 update. I experienced the black out. No way of me getting a new one through that BlackBerry deal they made. Bought me a new screen. Ready to go at it for another year, at least until the Zlider comes and grabs me or the Passport going towards the �300 mark. What to do. Gotta love the sturdiness of the BlackBerry.

[Edit] dropped that thing after 3 days. Z10 dropped a million times, not even a scratch. Always naked by the way. Still to this day!
    HonnyBrown likes this.
    07-27-15 01:09 PM
    I've had some sitting in my Amazon cart for two years!

If it can survive my purse, it can survive anything.
    Lol. I never pay more than $5 for a pack of screens..best $5 ever spent!!

Posted on my New BlackBerry Classic
    07-27-15 01:30 PM
    Had my first BlackBerry ( this Classic) just a week.. I put it straight up against a rack on my workbench( in the BlackBerry holster) so I could see the led when a message comes up. In front of it was lying a little drilling machine with a drill. I had to reach for something and my Classic fell forward right onto the drill.... right next to the ear speaker.. and the screen shattered..... it took weeks before I found a replacement screen.

Posted via my awesome Classic
    Lol, another crazy story! It's like the phones are always in that one spot that they are not supposed to be! Kinda like my kids lol!

07-27-15 01:32 PM
    There's always the time when you have the phone in your shirt pocket and you're leaning over to take a leak and the phone slides out and kaploosh....instant rice bath for your phone

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    07-28-15 04:53 PM
    I'm a mechanic and drop my last 3 Blackberrys (Torch 9800, Q5 & Q10), on the concrete dozens of times and no major issues.

Posted via CB10
    HonnyBrown likes this.
    07-28-15 05:35 PM
    Sounds like an iPhone user put a curse on you last Sunday before the Monday drop lol.

Lol.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 04:40 PM
    Been through three of these already.
    First one happened a few days after I bought it.
    Second one is pristine but half the screen was death so eBay seller sent me a free replacement.
    Well that one broke as well after a month.
    And now I'm on my fourth one.
    We will see how long this one lasts.
    Man do I not miss the quality of my 9860.
    That thing survived so many deadly falls sure it was scratched to hell but the screen never even broke one bit.

Blackberry Accidents!! The Horror..-img_20150727_000442.jpg

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 08:37 PM
    Been through three of these already.
    First one happened a few days after I bought it.
    Second one is pristine but half the screen was death so eBay seller sent me a free replacement.
    Well that one broke as well after a month.
    And now I'm on my fourth one.
    We will see how long this one lasts.
    Man do I not miss the quality of my 9860.
    That thing survived so many deadly falls sure it was scratched to hell but the screen never even broke one bit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150727_000442.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	364813

Posted via CB10
    Or you can just replace the screens...

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    07-31-15 12:59 AM
59 123