Hi there,

Have just purchased a new Bold 9900 and was pleased with it at first, until I tried the internet. When I go to push enter to retrieve a website nothing happens, the browser just stays white. I have phoned Vodafone (my carrier) and spoke to one lady who recommended that I Register my phone with the wireless network, which I done. This however made no difference. I then phoned Vodafone again, and the woman told me that it was a faulty handset and that I should return it to store.

I'm sure that its not a faulty handset, but somewhere along the line I have done (or not done!) something to make it not work.

Unfortunately Vodafone are a little inept, but I have full confidence in the crackberry team to bring me a solution!

A few things:

1. When I am on the browser page and push the blackberry button there is no "options" tab, (even when the url is highlighted)
    2. I am fairly computer literate so don't be scared of confusing me
    3. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks all in advance,

Scrumpy Jack
    09-09-11 12:11 PM
    I had this exact same problem and vodafone did exactly the same telling me my hanset was faulty so sent me out a new one.
    i have since received the new handset and the exact same problem has happened again.
    I cannot open emails that are sent to my phone and the internet application won't load if i type a website in, also any internet related application won't load either i.e the Youtube application.

But funnily enough my bbm, facebook app and app world still work fine and without any problems!
    09-14-11 09:09 AM
    Sounds like an OS problem...
    09-14-11 10:51 AM
    I had this exact same problem and vodafone did exactly the same telling me my hanset was faulty so sent me out a new one.
    i have since received the new handset and the exact same problem has happened again.
    I cannot open emails that are sent to my phone and the internet application won't load if i type a website in, also any internet related application won't load either i.e the Youtube application.

But funnily enough my bbm, facebook app and app world still work fine and without any problems!
    If both of you are having the same problem with the same carrier, I would say carrier or handset issue in which case i would take it back, get a new device and make sure everything works BEFORE you leave the store.
    09-14-11 12:03 PM
    I've had similar problem on my BB9900 with T mobile USA build 7.0 Bundle 1315. Including me I've seen 3 BlackBerries with this problem. We would have full bars or reception and access to the phone and text function, but occasionally the internet would stop working. Sometimes this would continue until you restart, sometimes for a couple minutes, and sometimes persist through a restart.

When this internet outage happens to one of us, the other BB9900 would be working just fine with internet and all. Others on Tmobile but other phones like Androids would be receiving internet service too.

I've been tweeting @BlackBerryHelp but they told me to contact the service provider. I will contact Tmobile USA but am not convinced it's the networks problem.
    10-03-11 10:39 AM
    Do you see a progress bar when you search in the browser? If not then something is wrong with the service books, go to tools, options and go to service books send ure self new ones or have voda do it for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-11 11:24 AM
    In my case the progress bar was moving on the browser, but it never manages to load anything. When this happens, text and phone service works fine, but data service is disrupted. No whatsapp, BBM, Google Maps, Facebook all won't load.
    10-03-11 01:00 PM
    Im having the exact same problem - when I attempt to log on to the internet or access Facebook etc an error message appears saying.... 'Unable to connect to the internet, please try again later. If the problem persists please contact your service provider'

As the phone was new and since I was aware of the problems RIM where experiencing, I did not attempt to rectify the problem for the first few days. However, today friends and family who are on Blackberry have had their browser service etc restored and so far appears to be working fine. So I called up Vodafone as mine was still generating the same response.

Vodafone advised to perform a full restart ( Battery & SIM out, leave and then re-boot ) to ensure all updates were performed which I did. This did not work. So I called back up and have been advised to:

-Manually select a different network and change back ( i.e. Vodafone to O2 ) 3 times to trigger software updates.

-Then do a full re-boot

-Connect the device to my laptop

I have again done all this and still no luck. It just frustrating having to keep calling Vodafone as the waiting time is around 20-30 mins each time you ring.

If anyone could help me out to save me a bit of time that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    10-14-11 06:39 AM
    Im having the exact same problem - when I attempt to log on to the internet or access Facebook etc an error message appears saying.... 'Unable to connect to the internet, please try again later. If the problem persists please contact your service provider'

As the phone was new and since I was aware of the problems RIM where experiencing, I did not attempt to rectify the problem for the first few days. However, today friends and family who are on Blackberry have had their browser service etc restored and so far appears to be working fine. So I called up Vodafone as mine was still generating the same response.

Vodafone advised to perform a full restart ( Battery & SIM out, leave and then re-boot ) to ensure all updates were performed which I did. This did not work. So I called back up and have been advised to:

-Manually select a different network and change back ( i.e. Vodafone to O2 ) 3 times to trigger software updates.

-Then do a full re-boot

-Connect the device to my laptop

I have again done all this and still no luck. It just frustrating having to keep calling Vodafone as the waiting time is around 20-30 mins each time you ring.

If anyone could help me out to save me a bit of time that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Do you have a subscription on BIS/BES, without this subscription you can't use BlackBerry Services.
    10-14-11 07:11 AM
    Do you have a subscription on BIS/BES, without this subscription you can't use BlackBerry Services.
    Yes I have. Its all sorted now a Vodafone technician phoned me and advised they had to amend something internally on their system. I have performed another re-boot and now appears to be working fine!
    10-14-11 07:21 AM
    I had the same problem on my verizon vzw 9930. I had no data. Vzw told me to do a batt pull and that fixed things rite up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-11 09:09 AM
    I've had similar problem on my BB9900 with T mobile USA build 7.0 Bundle 1315. Including me I've seen 3 BlackBerries with this problem. We would have full bars or reception and access to the phone and text function, but occasionally the internet would stop working. Sometimes this would continue until you restart, sometimes for a couple minutes, and sometimes persist through a restart.

When this internet outage happens to one of us, the other BB9900 would be working just fine with internet and all. Others on Tmobile but other phones like Androids would be receiving internet service too.

I've been tweeting @BlackBerryHelp but they told me to contact the service provider. I will contact Tmobile USA but am not convinced it's the networks problem.
    I've been experiencing the same problem still(a year later) with my Blackberry Magnum(9900). To think RIM claimed it to have the faster's browser once upon a time (actually even till this date its still declaired the fastest lol) *onset smile*
    09-02-12 06:52 PM
    Bought a BB 9900 from ebay. Can call, but can't access internet. Its requesting for system administrator address and activation code which I don't have. What can I do from Zambia? Thanks in advance.
    11-10-14 09:10 AM
    Bought a BB 9900 from ebay. Can call, but can't access internet. Its requesting for system administrator address and activation code which I don't have. What can I do from Zambia? Thanks in advance.
    Your phone was previously activated on an Enterprise system and contains an IT policy that will need to be removed.

This thread should help. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...canada-892621/
    11-10-14 09:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD