So basically I'm going to buy a new phone. I have the money and everything and it's between these two. I don't know which one to decide to get! At the moment I'm swaying more to the 9810 simply because it's cheaper, but my main question is

Which one has the better battery life?

Which one is better overall in your opinion and why?

Thanks
    Last edited by SammH421; 06-13-12 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Spelling mistakes
    06-13-12 01:40 AM
    The 9900 wins hands-down. Faster, amazingly better keyboard. Same battery as 9810 so no difference there.

If you like a slider form, then 9810 is better. You do get a bigger screen there. I personally avoid slider phones as they tend to get loose over time. Have not used a 9810 before so I don't know whether it happens to this device.

Conclusion: Get a 9900. You will NOT regret it.
    06-13-12 01:55 AM
    Torch 9810 has slightly better battery life.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    06-13-12 04:11 AM
    What otacon said. I actually had a 9810, and used it right up until the second I tried the 9900. For typing and messaging and general ease of use, there's no comparison. But if you do more browsing and 'consumption', the 9810 is still a very nice phone. I had no problems with the slider on the 9810 or the 9800 before that. There's just nothing that can beat the 9900's keyboard if you do a lot of messaging. The browser is also very good, just not as big a display area, but I still get plenty of use out of it.
    06-13-12 08:35 AM
    I currently have a Bold 9900 and a Torch 9810. Both are very nice but there are differences. I actually made a little video comparing the top three BB devices and will have to say the 9900 and Torch 9810 are my two favorites. However, people that get a Curve 9360 will be pleasantly surprised and the price is awesome.

Anyway, the main differences are that the Bold does have a better keyboard and a smaller screen (but since our eyes are lined up horizontally the wider screen is actually more pleasant than just the size would imply). Further, the Bold's exposed keyboard is just that much faster for shortcuts, speed dialing, silencing your device, etc. It is just more BlackBerry.
    The Torch 9810 is also a beautiful device but the keyboard is not as nice. It is a BlackBerry keyboard so it is much nicer than other devices but not quite Bold 9900 awesome. The two advantages it has are that it has an AF camera, which does take great pictures (as opposed to just O.K. picutures on the Bold) and the larger screen does help when reading e-mails or websites because unlike full screen devices it does not cut your screen in half when you want to reply or type as it already has a slider keyboard.
    The only other consideration is that the Bold has NFC (as does the curve) and I used it on Sprint but now with ATT it has not yet been enabled so it could be relevant depending on which carrier you are using.

If getting things done is more important than taking pictures and watching video the Bold wins hands down. If taking pictures and surfing the web is more important to you then I would go with the 9810.

I would guess that you will be very happy with either the Bold or T9810. However, sadly, I must say that I don't recommend the full screen torch. I've gotten quite a few people to get BlackBerry phones and the only one that is not happy with her device got a 9860. After helping her quite a bit and just testing it I must say that BlackBerry did not quite get the full screen experience down. It seems like a phone that was meant to run from a physical keyboard but did not actually have one. Many menu items but no keyboard to navigate them. Although the 3.7 inch screen is larger than the iPhone I would wait for BB10 for an awesome BB full screen experience. Others may disagree with me but I'm just giving you my view based on what I have experienced.

Good luck and enjoy your soon to be new BB.
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 06-13-12 at 08:53 AM.
    06-13-12 08:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD