Hi guys,
    First of all, I'm not really asking a question here, just wanted to share some observations.
    I have a Verizon BB World Edition 8830, and over the years it was used in:
    1) the US on CDMA with MetroPCS for over 5 years (after jumping through some hoops initially; requires manual set-up every time you change the phone number) [MetroPCS is a cellular carrier in the U.S.]
    2) Italy with pre-paid by-the-minute Vodafone and weekly-prepaid TIM contract, as well GSM Sim-card. [TIM & Vodafone are cellular carriers in Italy.]
    3) Russia with pre-paid by-the-minute MTS GSM Sim-card. [MTS is a major cellular carrier.]

I'm sure quite a few people posted and searched about it, so I decided to make a new thread. In my day (a couple of years back, and also a few months ago) I have done quite a bit of research trying to get rid of this annoying message - even though the message itself didn't hurt anything, the phone made and received callsand texts (that's all I'm asking for) just like it was supposed to, once you change country and network codes in the phone manually, and manually change the phone No. If you don't - sometimes you can make calls, but nobody hears you, sometimes you can't receive calls at all.

This is what I observed.
    1) In the US I never got this message. Well, it's an American phone after all, functioning overseas is kinda optional and requires some manual set-up.
    2) I don't think I ever got it in Russia (but I might be wrong here).
    3) In Italy I always got it with Vodafone pre-paid by-the-minute.
    Now that I switched to TIM, and set up a weekly pre-paid contract, I never get it.

I did not change any settings on the phone (other than going to CDMA Service Screen each time I swiched carriers, and changing "Mobile Country Code", "Mobile Network Code" and the phone No. - make sure you put it in without the country code and any dashes, dots or other caracters, it has to be a continuous string of numbers; in order to save, make sure you DO use the menu button and trackball to save, instead of exiting the screen and hitting "save")
    All info on mobile & network codes can be found here: Mobile country code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, with all that said, I'm wondering if "call forwarding conditional" is just some minor carrier issue. Vodafone in my opinion is greedy and crummy service. While TIM is No.1 telecommunications company in Italy, and therefore works better.
    03-14-13 02:35 AM
    So, with all that said, I'm wondering if "call forwarding conditional" is just some minor carrier issue. Vodafone in my opinion is greedy and crummy service. While TIM is No.1 telecommunications company in Italy, and therefore works better.
    I think you are seeing an information message, this is not any kind of problem. The phone is reporting status when you begin a call, you have conditional forwarding enabled (for example, "forward only if busy"). If you switch off forwarding or select Always Forward the message will go away. However it is carrier dependent in that forwarding is stored the network side (you make the change from your phone but it is stored by the network) and the status report needs the network to push the information to your phone when you start a call. I am not sure if the status is available if you are roaming - this might also depend on which networks are involved.
    03-14-13 06:46 AM
    That message depends solely on "condition" set for option like "forward only if busy" , "if not reachable".
    May be also implied if you have services like Voicemail or "inform who was calling".
    So that is information messages that some such condition triggered and it may happens that incoming calls will be re-routed somewhere else.
    12-11-13 03:20 AM
    I get the message as I make a call. Nothing to worry about

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 03:33 AM