So I thought I lost my blackberry, when i was getting out of the car, it slipped out of my pocket and on 7 eleven's parking lot, next day I come back, I ask for it, they said..yes you dropped it.. here you go.... looking at the front scratches, cracks and other damages, but still works...

come back home keyboard stops working... open it up... everything inside looks perfect, took everything apart, noticed that the keyboard connection cable to the motherboard got half way disconnected, connected ... works

Then I noticed that the keys started to pop out randomly.. just falling out... so I decided get it from ebay for 8 bucks, 4 for keyboard and 4 for the screen, ebay from hong kong...

These things are built well...

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/765...mentaspxio.jpg
    Last edited by slingxshot; 03-01-10 at 07:12 PM.
    02-28-10 03:19 PM
    the old blackberries are indeed very well built. the new ones are more fragile.
    02-28-10 03:25 PM
    Have any pics of device in current condition? Would be interesting to have a visual.
    02-28-10 06:21 PM
    the old blackberries are indeed very well built. the new ones are more fragile.
    Agreed. I think RIM's using paper mache now
    02-28-10 06:27 PM
    image link posted above
    03-01-10 07:12 PM
    I don't think the link's working
    03-01-10 07:17 PM
    A while back a friend of mine had an 8300 Curve. First Curve to come out so this
    was almost 3 years ago. He drives a lifted diesel truck. He had the phone on his
    lap while driving and stopped at a gas station. He got out of the truck and forgot
    that he had his phone on his lap. The truck was still on because he didn't actually
    go to pump gas. He has a habit of leaving his truck on when going somewhere to
    do something really quick. Since it was on, he never heard the phone hit the
    ground. Well he left still not remembering. Until he was out of the driveway he
    remembered. He went back and on the cement was his phone. He ran over it
    perfectly, front and back tire. The phone turned on and he was able to back it up.
    Was stuck on a white screen though.

Freaken guy called warranty and said that all of a sudden his screen wouldn't work.
    He got a replacement phone, and they never said anything about the old one.
    03-01-10 07:38 PM
    image link posted above
    Link dosent work
    03-01-10 08:32 PM
    Blackberry 8830 got ran over by a raindeer.... la la la dum dum da...
    03-01-10 08:43 PM
    Link dosent work
    copy and paste the last part into the URL field browser
    03-01-10 08:51 PM
    Yea BBs are built tough, thats why I like them.
    03-02-10 01:00 AM
    i want to go to schoole
    stop spamming threads.
    03-02-10 01:17 AM
    Wow, it's certainly in better shape than I would have imagined.
    03-02-10 11:21 AM
    I dropped my bb getting into my car at my sisters house ... went bck later on and found my phone lying on the road ... sreen and keyboard completely smahed in ... it doesnt work at all ... had the phone 8months ... would accidential damage b covered by the warranty or how would i go about getting it replaced ?? xx
    09-27-11 08:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD