K so I just ordered a Blackberry 8330 and can't wait for it to arrive!! But I chose not to get a data plan with it...and was wondering can I use the wifi of the blackberry on my college campus to access the internet and not get charged on my bill since Im not using Sprint internet?
    Thanks in advance
    08-03-09 06:27 PM
    The 8330 does not have Wi-Fi, it has GPS. Only the xx20 devices have Wi-Fi...
    08-03-09 06:33 PM
    damn it.. that sucks. THanks for the response
    08-03-09 06:35 PM
    No Joy on the Wi Fi
    Wish it did
    08-03-09 07:58 PM
    And don't be shocked when Sprint doesn't allow you to activate the device without adding the data plan.
    08-03-09 08:06 PM
    And don't be shocked when Sprint doesn't allow you to activate the device without adding the data plan.
    I already talked to them when I was ordering it and told them I don't want the data plan and then the guy verified it with someone and then I called back later in the day and talked to someone else and they said it is not required for me to activate the blackberry..its just if i want to enjoy the extra features...It is stupid how carriers try to force the data plan on to you...If you fight and argue with them enough, no matter what carrier, they will give u the blackberry without the data plan if you want it that way...SO no worries I got it all figured out.
    08-03-09 08:34 PM
    Getting a Blackberry without a data plan is like getting a new car without gas. Pretty to look at but what's the point?
    08-03-09 10:07 PM
    Getting a Blackberry without a data plan is like getting a new car without gas. Pretty to look at but what's the point?
    Another fkn hater. Gotta love em ha?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/do-...72/index4.html

People like you need to stop hating and get a clue.
    08-03-09 10:31 PM
    internet, email, and the sprint tv not great but you miss out on so much it like your using the phone and some games probably 50% of the features...just expensive compared to other phones if you don't use them... but glad you are enjoying it.
    08-04-09 12:06 AM
    Honestly you're lucky you have Sprint in that case (not going into service vs service. I just mean for this purpose).

Alltel, Verizon, etc have checks put into their billing system that if your ESN algorithm matches a BB they will either force the code on to your account, or disable it until you add it or switch phones (assuming someone put the phone on w/o adding the code in the first place).
    08-04-09 12:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD