Having recently decided to just go ahead and drop our landline at home, I purchased a GE Cell Fusion bluetooth gateway - routes cellular calls thru our home phones. I'd read about a handful of different gateways, and decided to test the waters on the cheap and try the GE. So far, I'm not very impressed...

I received my first unit, and after 1 day of use, it simply wouldn't stay paired (with either my BB 8320, or my wife's Pantech Slate - so I know it wasn't just my phone. For the sake of checking this thing out though, I'm just using my Blackberry). I sent it back and received a replacement. This one seems to stay paired just fine. However, my problem is that it doesn't seem to pass the ring thru via Bluetooth to the house phones. I did call GE and the lady that I spoke with said that I needed to turn the ringer on my BB off - that should pass the ring thru the Cell Fusion to the house phones. However, I tried that - no luck. Setting my BB ringer to "phone only" DID successfully pass the ring thru - but only once. SO, my question is...

...is anyone else using one of these with their BB? Have you experienced the same results? Is the BB setting that I need to change to make this work? Thoughts? Thanks!
    06-01-10 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD