Hi guys,

I recently recieved a BlackBerry 8310 as a gift from a friend, the phone was locked on to O2, so I bought an unlock code and the phone is now compatibale with my Orange sim card.

My only problem now is I can't connect to the internet, to browse or to set up my e-mail. There isn't even a brower application in 'Applications'.

When I check 'Services Status' I'm "not connected" to either BlackBerry Internet Service or Enterprise Server... is this an issue I need to raise with Orange, and if so, will they have any issues with me using a phone they haven't provided? Or is it something that can resolved quite easily on the phone.

Cheers, Jonny.
    06-24-09 10:01 AM
    Did you have a blackberry plan before you got this, if not then that might be your problem you will need to get one added

If you had one try this first- go to options>advanced options>host routing table>scroll to anyone of them and click the trackball and hit register.

If that doesn't work try this, contact orange and see if your friend released the pin and if he did get them to add it to your account and then get them to send service books
    Last edited by jackie treehorn; 06-24-09 at 10:08 AM.
    06-24-09 10:06 AM
    Did you have a blackberry plan before you got this, if not then that might be your problem you will need to get one added

If you had one try this first- go to options>advanced options>host routing table>scroll to anyone of them and click the trackball and hit register.

If that doesn't work try this, contact orange and see if your friend released the pin and if he did get them to add it to your account and then get them to send service books
    Hi, thanks for the reply. I looked at the 'Host Routing Table' but it said there were * No Entries *.

As for my friend releasing a pin... I doubt it. The phone had never been used, nor did it have an O2 sim with it... it was a spare he had in his drawer at work.

Any ideas?
    06-24-09 10:15 AM
    call orange and see if adding to your account with a data plan will fix the issue.
    Also check your sim card see if the contacts on the back are scratched or dirty. If they are take a pencil eraser to them lightly and see if that helps
    06-24-09 10:17 AM
    call orange and see if adding to your account with a data plan will fix the issue.
    Also check your sim card see if the contacts on the back are scratched or dirty. If they are take a pencil eraser to them lightly and see if that helps
    Sorry I'm pretty useless when it comes to things like this..."add a data plan" what's this? I was allowed to browse the web on my previous phone, provided by Orange (Samsung Pixon)... I assumed I would be able to pick up where I left off.
    06-24-09 10:21 AM
    If you wanna use the native bb browser you will need a bb data plan
    06-24-09 10:22 AM
    If that was a "work" phone could he be having IT issues as well????

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 11:19 AM
    If that was a "work" phone could he be having IT issues as well????

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Eh? I've got no idea what you're on about.

Guys, I just wanna know if I'm ok to call Orange and let them know the score... that I recieved a BlackBerry 8310 and I want to set up a wireless network. Is this ok or am I violating the terms of my contract?

I just wanna get the bloody email on te go.
    06-25-09 02:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD