Hey everyone.
    I bought a new 2GB SanDisk media card for my BlackBerry 8310 Curve and I put it in the slot. I'm having some trouble trying to get it formatted because when I go to Options and then to Media Card, I look at the very bottom and it says: "Media card cannot be read. Verify that the memory card is formatted." but when I click Format Card on the menu options, I get the: "Media Card Format Failed." message.

What am I doing wrong?
    Anything I should do that I'm not doing?

My Media Card Options Are:
    Media Card Support: On
    Encryption Mode: None
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode when Connected: Yes

Thanks.
    07-26-08 11:33 PM
    You might try removing the card and reinstalling it. It may not be seated properly. You can also try to format it in a PC.

Your media card options are correct, unless you plan to use Media Manager. In that case, you need to change Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode when Connected to "Prompt." You have to answer No to use Media Manager. Media Manager and Mass Storage Mode cannot run at the same time.
    07-26-08 11:39 PM
    Ditto! I just had this problem. Took it out and put it back in. Automatically showed up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-08 02:44 AM
    Sometimes if it wuold keep on insisting that it cannot be read I put it on my nokia, format it, and put it back onto the BB....wala...works like magic
    07-27-08 03:41 AM
    I had the same issue as I used my microSD card in my Moto e815. I removed the battery+card, reinserted and reformatted under the Options menu.
    07-30-08 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD