Hahaha. Me three. I had no intention of getting the Z30. I'm perfectly happy with my Z10 and have zero need for a second phone, but the news suddenly made me want one.

Posted via CB10
    Me four. Bizarre
    09-21-13 02:37 PM
    I'm super happy with my Q but I like the Z30. I will get it iff BlackBerry goes down and some spare Q10s of course

Posted via Q10 using CB10
    09-21-13 02:54 PM
    Yes, but they also conceded defeat in the consumer market. They stated that they are going to focus on the enterprise industry, and the pro-sumer market. Pro-sumer basically equates to... Thanks for attempting to make us your daily driver, but don't criticise when we don't have consumer apps/features.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Lest we forget, BB didn't start in the consumer market. They were communications and business day one.
    09-21-13 03:39 PM
    Remember how BlackBerry started targeting the professional market only, and then it went viral, why not the same story can happen, especially when BBM goes viral.
    09-21-13 03:46 PM
    Man, you really are going down with the ship, aren't you? I respect that. But the truth of the matter is that no developer, at least not any major ones, is going to devote dime or second one to anything BB ever again. If there is something already out there, it's already out there. But there will be no more. And I didn't see that Netflix or Instagram were on the Z30.

It's over. Cue the video of Alec Guinness in Kind Hearts and Coronets.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4
    That is your opinion and while I respect it, I disagree. My company and many like us, as well as govt and industry,are more interested in productivity than consumer oriented apps, which will definitely continue. I seriously doubt future BB OSs and devices will be lacking in the apps we need and use, they haven't so far. That's the beauty of a free market and choice, not the apps or device for you, move on to what works for you.
    09-21-13 03:50 PM
    Just out of curiosity, and being relatively uninformed, is there a chance the Z30 doesn't make it to market in Canada? As in, if the brand succumbs or is bought out. I've been unable to upgrade to the Z10 due to ridiculous Rogers contract terms, I'm just hoping that when it does end (when the Z30 is expected to role out) I can pick up the Z30. Even if it is the last consumer Blackberry I ever buy
    Apparently the Canada release date is for the 22/23 October

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    09-21-13 04:23 PM
    I will be right here with my Z10 & 64GB Playbook. For business BlackBerry is still the best hands down. Restructuring and getting back to what they do best. It may be dark now but I think strong leadership and a new focus and direction will come out of this & hopefully better marketing. Rocking with my Playbook & Z10.
    09-22-13 10:02 AM
    I don't think that they mean in the statement that they will quit offering the end users devises!!

Sent from my Z10
    09-22-13 05:08 PM
    Lest we forget, BB didn't start in the consumer market. They were communications and business day one.
    And as far as that goes, they could have an adequate ecosystem as they go forward. People still seem to be underestimating the value of the Android runtime and that updating it to 4.2.2 (as it will be in 10.2) makes a big difference when it comes to major apps.

Right now, if a major app publisher wants to be on the BB10 platform, they have two choices: 1) develop a native app or 2) port their Android app over. The first option may not make economic sense when you consider that BB10 is a new platform with only (maybe) 5 million users, as compared to over 100 mil each for iOS and Android. The trouble with the second option right now is that they'd have to port over their Gingerbread-era Android apps, and that isn't an attractive option. The old apps may be buggy, they may have laggy performance, and they may not offer a great experience overall.

My point with this is that if BB stays current with the Android runtime going forward, they make it a lot easier for app publishers to just do a quick port of their existing (and CURRENT) Android apps. Easy for the devs, better for customers.
    09-22-13 05:50 PM
84 ... 234