Hey All,

So we have our BlackBerry 101 Lecture Series and we have our BB Tips, How To and FAQ forum which combined offer a pretty solid offering of BB info.

What I want to know is what what haven't we covered that needs to be covered??!!

List your ideas on this thread for articles and how to's you'd like to see the crack team write up in the blogs or that members should tackle in the forums.

Appreciate it!

Kevin
    08-24-08 11:52 PM
    Hi Kevin,

Wow, tough question. CB seems to cover it all.

The CB community does such a good job, I don't think I've ever had a concern that hasn't been addressed.

Keep up the great work and hello from Winnipeg.
    08-25-08 12:05 AM
    I have to agree. What I wish could be implemented is a "must read" before posting - the BB 101. I believe that since it answers many and most questions, people would have some idea what they are doing before posting questions that have mainly been covered in the series.
    08-25-08 12:08 AM
    A quickie,,,

A list of all of the possible mail filters to enter into your BIS account.

Tanks for everything you do man.
    08-25-08 01:43 AM
    How to use a BB, toothpick, and piece of gum to macgyver your way out of getting stuck in an elevator. LOL

But in all seriousness, perhaps a guide for clearing notification icons that appear to not go away. This question appears to pop up about once a week or more.

Is there a how to load themes, ringers, or other apps OTA and via DM guide? I think that is a pretty frequent question I see.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-08 03:26 AM
    3 things come to mind and they are all site specific

1) How to use Basic Search, Advanced search and Google to
    find answers to commonly asked questions.

2) "Thread Care" which should include:

(a) Titling - OMG!!!! HEEEEEELLLLLPPPPP!! will get attention
    but is truly unhelpful and

(b) A member who post an answer that duplicates another
    should delete that post. I cannot count the number of threads
    that have multiple same answers. I know I and 5 other members
    make a habit of deleting our posts if they duplicate and add nothing to the one before ours.

3) Photo Threads:

A) Posting rules for photo threads i.e. no pics of people who have not given permission to post, etc...

B) After a certain period, clear out photos that have been viewed unless the thread needs for them
    to remain. For instance, Sultan's BSE eval needs his pics to remain, but in the Photo Scavenger Hunt
    once the pic is approved leaving it serves no purpose and is an unnecessary site burden.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 08-25-08 at 11:07 AM.
    08-25-08 03:45 AM
    3 things come to mind and they are both site specific
    2) "Thread Care" which should include:

(a) Titling - OMG!!!! HEEEEEELLLLLPPPPP!! will get attention
    but is truly unhelpful and

(b) A member who post an answer that duplicates another
    should delete that post. I cannot count the number of threads
    that have multiple same answers. I know I and 5 other members
    make a habit of deleting our posts if they duplicate and add nothing to the one before ours....
    I'd like to add to thread care:
    (c) If you figure out the answer to your question on your own, post it. I can't count how many threads end with either, "Never Mind, I figured it out." or just end, with no resolution ever posted. Neither of those outcomes are any help to the next guy with the same problem, and neither add anything to the knowledge base.
    08-25-08 06:52 AM
    It would be great to have a FAQ section, made up of the stickies and also of the most commonly asked questions (gmail sent, how do i delete entire inbox, most popular apps, etc) and link to the thread that covers the issue. i know there is a FAQ section but it doesn't seem to cover the top 30 or so questions.

Just a thought.

Last edited by chrisy520; 08-25-08 at 07:20 AM.
    08-25-08 07:16 AM
    I would be interested in an exploration of how BB can make your life easier/more efficient. Mine is new and I feel like there is untapped potential that I'm not even aware of yet.
    08-25-08 10:48 AM
    I know you want ideas, but the only thing I want to add is to put it all in book form for sale on CB.
    08-25-08 10:58 AM
    I have to agree. What I wish could be implemented is a "must read" before posting - the BB 101. I believe that since it answers many and most questions, people would have some idea what they are doing before posting questions that have mainly been covered in the series.
    I agree with ScandeLex on this. This would be a great start.

Last edited by mobiman; 08-25-08 at 11:07 AM.
    08-25-08 11:05 AM
    Hi

How about a definition of abbreviations, such as

WAP OTA BIS BES AIM and all the others that most of you know the meaning
    and I don't know or remember and would like a place to look up.

Sorry if there already is a place but I just haven't found it

Kuip
    08-25-08 04:20 PM
    Hi

How about a definition of abbreviations, such as

WAP OTA BIS BES AIM and all the others that most of you know the meaning
    and I don't know or remember and would like a place to look up.

Sorry if there already is a place but I just haven't found it

Kuip
    Very good idea, if it isn't up already.
    08-25-08 04:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";