I just shared some insights over to WPCentral: http://forums.windowscentral.com/bla...-juncture.html

Here's the first paragraph:
    Microsoft has their heads so deep in the ground that they are years from the surface of what's really happening in mobile. BlackBerry 10 will defecate on Windows' efforts to regain traction in the global market. The problem is Windows has held on too long, and has had such poor execution the last 5 years even when no one was expecting anything from them. Screwing their OEM partners and stumbling away from their bastardized hybrid kernel W7, then to WinCE for WP7 (lmfao), then back to a hybrid kernel for W8. What the **** has Windows been doing since 2009? Juggling their balls while walking around in circles? Microsoft has grown so large and has too much legacy to support that it will never be able to move as fast as it needs to, to really make the proper strides into the future. The future is exactly what BlackBerry 10 is being built to respect. While Windows fumbled around, they realized they needed to unify their bases so they could actually attempt to remain relevant aside from being a default in the dying PC market. Then came Surface, and I need not talk about why its pricing is wrong, and its execution is even worse. >>Read More
    You can hit the link above to read the full thread. Including the great response from WPCentral Editor and Chief Daniel Rubino
    So tired of people trolling RIM let's see what they have to say when they're faced with plain as day facts.
    sf49ers, Rllli and kemj like this.
    01-13-13 04:58 PM
    The Stage Is Open Mad & Bad
    01-13-13 05:15 PM
    What did you hope to achieve with such an inflammatory post?
    Snap51, jesse_h and annon91221 like this.
    01-13-13 05:20 PM
    You should get banned for that
    Rello, robitaille93 and annon91221 like this.
    01-13-13 05:27 PM
    Yes, we know this already
    01-13-13 05:27 PM
    Windows phones could be great but they can't seem to get their act together. They have such an advantage with the pc windows base to leverage that to phones but like others have said, wp8 is like zune. They don't try and be innovative they merely piggyback on the ideas and innovations of others and mess things up. I gave up on wp when they orphaned win phone 6.5. They have a great track record of orphaning phone os and moving on. No way will I support them with a phone again. Just my two cents.
    01-13-13 05:28 PM
    While I don't agree with your thesis or most of your points, I do take issue with the classless manner that Daniel Rubino responds in wpcentral thread. He is quick to troll BlackBerry 10 as cheaply as you just trolled Windows.

It just reminds me why I think he is a complete tool on any mobile nations podcast. While Renee and Derek are very thoughtful and self aware of the whole industry as is Phil, Dan seems like a blind fanboy who I wish would just shut up. Dan's posts, podcasts and general write-ups lack properly constructed arguments or well thought out analysis, they just pander to equally blinded fanboys. All other mobile nations sites are critical of their own platforms where needed and recognize how the market and industry fits together and moves. Dan's WP site is definitely not the place to visit for objective windows phone analysis and I am disappointed that none of the Mobile Nation's ethic and class have rubbed off on him.
    01-13-13 05:29 PM
    You really need to lay off the Kool-Aid. You speak of BB10 like a wild haired zealot, preaching about things very few people know about, or care about. Rubino was right, it IS all about ecosystem, and RIM isn't there yet (and neither is MS).
    Rello, robitaille93 and m0de25 like this.
    01-13-13 05:31 PM
    and the OP wonders why other people are trolling trolling RIM .... maybe OP should look up the definition of Troll......
    Snap51 likes this.
    01-13-13 05:31 PM
    Hahaha, they aren't even trying to defend their platform.
    They are just insulting anyone who defends RIM...
    But, in all seriousness, Rubino sounds like an ultimately cool dude.
    Rightfully so, the OP's thread was corny. It has flame bait written all over it.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    01-13-13 05:37 PM
    As much as I can't blame anyone from this community for wanting to gloat after the past couple of years we've been through, it might be worth keeping a little perspective:

• At this point, BB10 has positive buzz. Period. Not a single one has been bought by a paying customer, and the market is the ultimate judge of success or failure. We forget that at our peril.
    • Windows Phone isn't a BAD platform, and I'm sure there are many in the WP community who are puzzled at the lack of market response. Going on to their forum and gloating just rubs salt in the wounds.
    • I've never really understood why trolls come on to CB to stir up "stuff" and I don't get why we'd do the same. It's bad karma, if nothing else.

At the end of the day, we're talking about PHONES, people.
    01-13-13 05:37 PM
    Rightfully so, the OP's thread was corny. It has flame bait written all over it.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    That is why I deleted my post.
    I realized I was being no better than the people who troll RIM, I get angry at them.
    01-13-13 05:38 PM
    I'm guessing dialogue. But the WP fanboys were too busy whining and couldn't come up with any decent retorts.
    01-13-13 05:44 PM
    BlackBerry 10 will destroy Windows & Windows Phone at every juncture-2103919-human_torch_flame_on.png

I know what I'm doing I just like to remind ignorant shmucks who really in in 3rd place right now. Don't bring yourselves down to my level
    Facts are facts are facts that's why everyone over there can do nothing but shallow quips based on disagreement not informed opinion
    01-13-13 05:47 PM
    I can't blame anyone from this community for wanting to gloat after the past couple of years we've been through.
    Our time to be the redheaded step child is over. Yea it was a terse, but there were some vaild points that could have been discussed further by WP users on a BlackBerry subforum of WP Central.

Not like others have trolled on this side of the sandbox.
    01-13-13 05:51 PM
    WP could barely compete with BB7, the fact that BB is still in 3 despite the OS shows just how bad windows phone is. Microsoft really needs to dump the metro ui, it has never been a success and is even tarnishing windows reputation. WP is a super smooth OS, but metro just kills it.
    01-13-13 05:56 PM
    Let's be clear...that was great James! Respect.

Great way to have a quality dialogue is to stand up, make clear points and then be prepared to respond when countered.

I completely disagree with the wimps who think each phone forum should be a circle ****. The back and forth dialogue is good...facilitates a better understanding.

I thought you were a bit 'soft' after your "RIM is playing it low key' piece, but I take it back.....keep brining it James.
    James Nieves likes this.
    01-13-13 06:03 PM
    I read the responses...it led to interesting views on both sides. He put a lot of time into his post...that is more 'respect' than most people bring to their posts.
    01-13-13 06:05 PM
    You should get banned for that
    You should get banned for suggesting he gets banned
    James Nieves and neteng1000 like this.
    01-13-13 06:06 PM
    As much as I can't blame anyone from this community for wanting to gloat after the past couple of years we've been through, it might be worth keeping a little perspective:

• At this point, BB10 has positive buzz. Period. Not a single one has been bought by a paying customer, and the market is the ultimate judge of success or failure. We forget that at our peril.
    • Windows Phone isn't a BAD platform, and I'm sure there are many in the WP community who are puzzled at the lack of market response. Going on to their forum and gloating just rubs salt in the wounds.
    • I've never really understood why trolls come on to CB to stir up "stuff" and I don't get why we'd do the same. It's bad karma, if nothing else.

At the end of the day, we're talking about PHONES, people.
    Thank you for being the voice of reason. While the almost unanimous, unbiased tech reviews for BB10 have been positive, it is important to keep in mind that it has not been released yet, so sales are at this point...zero. I understand the OP's sentiment, but it is unfair to invoke WP sales at this point when BB10 hasn't hit the market and sold a single handset.

Only Joe Namath should be in the business of giving guarantees
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    01-13-13 06:17 PM
    Thank you for being the voice of reason. While the almost unanimous, unbiased tech reviews for BB10 have been positive, it is important to keep in mind that it has not been released yet, so sales are at this point...zero. I understand the OP's sentiment, but it is unfair to invoke WP sales at this point when BB10 hasn't hit the market and sold a single handset.

Only Joe Namath should be in the business of giving guarantees

Last quarter? Lumia sales 4.4 million
    BlackBerry? 6.9 million (on two year old hardware BBOS7) WITH the impending release of the next-gen BB10
    kozmo68 and Bobcat665 like this.
    01-13-13 06:21 PM
    Im not even reading OPs full post.
    Feel that strongly, post it over here.
    Posting it there is classless.
    You make yourself and, by association, Blackberry users look stupid.
    eric12341 and 12Danny123 like this.
    01-13-13 06:21 PM
    Give me a break...this post needs to be locked down and the OP suspended for trolling. We don't want this crap on our forums so why allow it on others. Bottom line you need to grow up and realize no competition is bad competition.

What windows is going through is what we have been going through so lets try offering some support instead of treating them like ios and android has been treating us.
    lorax1284 likes this.
    01-13-13 06:24 PM
    This....

"2009 was about "ecosystem" where the **** are you Rubino? We're beyond apps at this point. 90% of every app store is garbage"

You rule the day dude.
    Last edited by BlackStormRising; 01-13-13 at 06:25 PM. Reason: inserted quotations
    kozmo68 and James Nieves like this.
    01-13-13 06:24 PM
    Last quarter? Lumia sales 4.4 million
    BlackBerry? 6.9 million (on two year old hardware BBOS7) WITH the impending release of the next-gen BB10
    True, but that's not 6.9 million BB10 units moved. Only time will tell.

Look, we're on the same side here (hoping BB10 does well and breaks the duopoly with a good, worthy offering), but I just don't agree with going over there and flaming them (yet?)
    01-13-13 06:27 PM
28 12