One question I was asking in Windows central is whether Microsoft with office suite, one drive , its investment budget and marketing, could have gained more market share with bb10 in their phones instead of wp10?

Or would have blackberry sold more wp8 phones than bb10 phones?

I think bb10 would have been more successful with Microsoft ecosystem. Probably 30% market share. In other words, Microsoft was wrong to buy Nokia, ditch meego and persist with Windows phone os.

What do you think?

As soon as there is a BlackBerry 10 dual SIM, I fully quit Android.
    10-17-15 07:55 AM
    Not to quibble, but Nokia dropped Symbian and Meego when Elop issued the burning platform memo. MS purchased Nokia a few years later. I'd rather seen MS apps on BB10 rather than MS buying BB.
    10-17-15 08:23 AM
    MS writing apps for bb10 wouldn't have reduce the risk on bb finance, which is one of the main reason people didn't buy bb10 phones. So MS buying blackberry would have been more useful than just writing apps.

As soon as there is a BlackBerry 10 dual SIM, I fully quit Android.
    10-17-15 08:52 AM
    Once MS bought out Nokia, they released the phones Nokia had in the pipeline. This was the last time there was a high end device. It was more heavily pushed outside the US, and had only Verizon selling the Lumia Icon. There were some mid and low end phones as well. Once MS started putting out phones with their name, there were just low end phones (4, 5, and 6 series devices). Popular Windows users (Mary Jo Foley and Paul Thurrott for example) were very frustrated that they platform they wanted to use was getting left behind. Their new high end phones won't come out for a few more months. Moreover, MS was in the midst of publishing their apps for iPhone first. During this time, you could make a point by saying that the best Windows Phone was the iPhone since they got the best MS apps and services first. Nobody can say for sure, but I can't help but wonder what would have happened to BB10 and BB phones had MS bought them. Would MS have invested in the Classic and the Passport? Who knows, but I fear BB would have stagnated even more than WP during this time period.
    10-17-15 10:56 AM
    As much as I like BB10, Microsoft would be better off sticking with WP10 for their phones. The idea of Lumias, Jades, Acers etc. running BB10 sounds interesting, but also very odd.
    10-17-15 02:42 PM