_Full-featured GPS (SiRFIV chip)
    _3D Compass
    _Barometric altitude
    _Barometer
    _Temperature
    _Waypoint and route ?navigation with GPS
    _Point of Interest creation and storing in watch and in Movescount.com
    _Location in multiple coordinate systems

_Highly responsive pace / speed (FusedSpeed?) and distance from accelerometer integrated GPS
    _Peak Training Effect & Recovery Time*
    _Chrono
    _Manual and autolaps
    _Heart rate graph in real time*
    _Heart rate limits*
    _Heart rate zones in Movescount.com*
    _Track logging and analysis in Movescount.com
    *with optional Suunto ANT or Dual Comfort Belt
    Mountain and everyday exploration

_Mineral crystal lens
    _Water resistant to 100 m / 328 ft (ISO 2281)
    _Light / dark display switch
    _Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
    _User adjustable backlight
    _Robust BuiltToLast casing
    _GPS timekeeping
    _9 languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Finnish, Swedish, Portuguese, and Dutch
    _Watch settings in Movescount.com
    _Upgradeable with new functionalities through Movescount.com

Posted via CB10
    It's a beautiful watch, to be sure, but you realize that if it just connected with your phone over BT4.0 you could dispense with the GPS and improve the battery life immensely. Plus, you'd have notifications from the phone and the opportunity for functions like media controls.
    03-20-13 04:26 PM
    Personally I wouldn't buy one, if I'm at the gym the last thing I do is look at my phone. I can imagine the string coming from the headphones to the wrist watch being anoying.

While driving you get an email, do you really need to see it right away? Soon they are going to ban looking at your watch while driving. Lol

My phone already rings do I need a watch to tell me the same. If I can't pick up the phone because I'm busy will I want to pick up because I have a watch telling me who's calling? Nope, I have my phone setup with different ringtones, I already know when its someone of importance.

Its not a bad idea, I know lots of people would go for it because its cool. not I, can you imagine a company like rogers charging an extra data plan for using a smart wrist watch.
    03-20-13 04:32 PM
    you missed the point of my post and focussed on the "names". The quuestion of this thread is what our opinion is.
    I gave my opinion. You can disagree.
    By the way on the smart watch thing, I really like the design of this one ..been out for a year
    i'm Smart
    The i'm Smart is definitely the nicest design out there right now, though I've heard horror stories about its actual usability. I like the MetaWatch (which is the successor to the Intune) and the Martian watches.

And you're entitled to your opinion, absolutely. My opinion of your opinion was that it came across as kind of elitist, is all.
    03-20-13 04:34 PM
    Please BBRY don't make a watch, thanks.
    sam_b77 and bizzyqu like this.
    03-20-13 04:37 PM
    If it was very small and unobtrusive and was for the purpose of alerting me to incoming messages on my phone in my pocket and letting me read them, then yes. It would greatly improve communication at work while operating heavy equipment.
    03-20-13 04:44 PM
    The i'm Smart is definitely the nicest design out there right now, though I've heard horror stories about its actual usability. I like the MetaWatch (which is the successor to the Intune) and the Martian watches.

And you're entitled to your opinion, absolutely. My opinion of your opinion was that it came across as kind of elitist, is all.
    My other issue with these watches is the need to charge them every day. As it is I have to keep the battery ticking on my Playbook, Z10, Lumia and my Bluetooth headset. It's coming to a point where I don't have enough sockets in my room. Charging a watch ks the last thing I want to do
    03-20-13 04:51 PM
    I'm against the idea. Generally watches made to live longer.. If I'm going to recharge it everyday then what's the point of having a watch!!
    It need to be as simple as possible.
    I don't mind buying a regular classic watch if it has a cool blackberry design!
    03-20-13 04:52 PM
    I would buy one for sure if it let me know who was calling so I didn't have to pull my phone out of my pocket or let me read a text etc

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 04:57 PM
    Nice watches but the suunto ambit has them all beat
    Attachment 142605

Specialized Outdoor functions

_Full-featured GPS (SiRFIV chip)
    _3D Compass
    _Barometric altitude
    _Barometer
    _Temperature
    _Waypoint and route ?navigation with GPS
    _Point of Interest creation and storing in watch and in Movescount.com
    _Location in multiple coordinate systems

_Highly responsive pace / speed (FusedSpeed?) and distance from accelerometer integrated GPS
    _Peak Training Effect & Recovery Time*
    _Chrono
    _Manual and autolaps
    _Heart rate graph in real time*
    _Heart rate limits*
    _Heart rate zones in Movescount.com*
    _Track logging and analysis in Movescount.com
    *with optional Suunto ANT or Dual Comfort Belt
    Mountain and everyday exploration

_Mineral crystal lens
    _Water resistant to 100 m / 328 ft (ISO 2281)
    _Light / dark display switch
    _Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
    _User adjustable backlight
    _Robust BuiltToLast casing
    _GPS timekeeping
    _9 languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Finnish, Swedish, Portuguese, and Dutch
    _Watch settings in Movescount.com
    _Upgradeable with new functionalities through Movescount.com

Posted via CB10
    I liked my Ambit. It was good for its day. Then the Garmin Fenix came out and made the Ambit seem sorda meh. In what ways does the Ambit beat the Fenix? None that I can think of. The Ambit's waypoint limitations and map are clear cons to the Ambit. Pretty much everything my Ambit did my Fenix will do and then some and the Fenix is in my opinion better looking.

Things right off the top of my head that my Fenix does or has that my Ambit didn't or couldn't do:
    The fenix has a high detail map
    The fenix can have 1000 waypoints - compared to ambits 100
    The fenix has paperless geocaching with support for up to 2,000 caches at once - my ambit didn't do geocaches.
    The fenix also does navigation by trackback. If you hike five miles, you can turn around and go back over the same steps you took and follow it on the map. Compared with Ambit's waypoint navigation only, which just does a straight line back to where you started from.

If you like the Ambit, you might wanna check out the Garmin fenix, I made the switch and couldn't be happier.
    Last edited by Saiga; 03-20-13 at 11:53 PM.
    03-20-13 11:33 PM
    I'm old school... jewelry. I love a good analog. If they could make something jewelry like with some added tech I would be on board.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 01:40 AM
    I'm old school... jewelry. I love a good analog. If they could make something jewelry like with some added tech I would be on board.

Posted via CB10
    Look back at my post of the Citizen Proximity.
    I believe that's where BlackBerry should start. Not some cheap looking tiny screen, but with a nice watch that you don't know it has smart technology until it presents itself.
    03-21-13 06:30 AM
    I liked my Ambit. It was good for its day. Then the Garmin Fenix came out and made the Ambit seem sorda meh. In what ways does the Ambit beat the Fenix? None that I can think of. The Ambit's waypoint limitations and map are clear cons to the Ambit. Pretty much everything my Ambit did my Fenix will do and then some and the Fenix is in my opinion better looking.

Things right off the top of my head that my Fenix does or has that my Ambit didn't or couldn't do:
    The fenix has a high detail map
    The fenix can have 1000 waypoints - compared to ambits 100
    The fenix has paperless geocaching with support for up to 2,000 caches at once - my ambit didn't do geocaches.
    The fenix also does navigation by trackback. If you hike five miles, you can turn around and go back over the same steps you took and follow it on the map. Compared with Ambit's waypoint navigation only, which just does a straight line back to where you started from.

If you like the Ambit, you might wanna check out the Garmin fenix, I made the switch and couldn't be happier.
    I'll check it out for shur

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 08:13 AM
    I'll stick with Tag Heuer, Smartwatches are a silly idea I can't wait till apple launches one so I can start ridiculing all the fanboys who have on their apple collar.
    My new baby: BlackBerry 10 Smartwatch a good idea?-bfvmgtmceaawzgc.jpg
    03-21-13 08:39 AM
    BlackBerry 10 Smartwatch a good idea?-sc001.jpg

Martian Smartwatch

What a beauty
    03-21-13 09:08 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sc001.jpg 
Views:	451 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	142739

Martian Smartwatch

What a beauty
    Time traveler? The site says they won't be available until next month.
    03-21-13 09:20 AM
    LOL
    Correct
    This is just a promo pic.
    03-21-13 03:48 PM
    My opinion on this is the same as my opinion regarding Samsung going for watches, health/fitness monitors, etc. Leave it to the third party developers/manufacturers - creating an in-house solution would alienate capable, focused developers whose sole focus are these devices and their services. I see the growing value of these products, and I'd especially love a FitBit or Garmin GPS + fitness monitoring watch, but BlackBerry is not the right company to make such a device. It is, however, the right platform... QNX...yadda yadda... embeddable micro-kernel... yadda yadda... Skynet... yadda yadda...
    I disagree you have phones and devices getting bigger, there is no reason why companies shouldn't be dedicating time to making devices smaller. If you had a watch that did everything your phone did, would you carry your phone around as much as your watch?
    05-23-13 01:27 PM
    I like the look of this Smartwatch so thought I would add to the thread.

08-04-14 10:16 AM
    Perhaps BlackBerry should make a watch that just tells the time really well. That way CrackBerry fans could use it and insist that they don't need a watch that does anything else.
    08-04-14 10:20 AM
    Perhaps BlackBerry should make a watch that just tells the time really well. That way CrackBerry fans could use it and insist that they don't need a watch that does anything else.
    I like this idea

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 12:17 PM
    Smartwatches will be a dime a dozen soon. Blackberry should develop a smartbelt. It seems logical since the Passport is a wider phone, they could also widen the smartwatch form factor into a belt buckle. It could give you information about how big your waist is, check your pulse via your defending aorta, and even tell you if your bladder is full or not. No need to worry about battery life because you can put a huge battery in there.
    08-08-14 11:25 AM
    Smartwatches will be a dime a dozen soon. Blackberry should develop a smartbelt. It seems logical since the Passport is a wider phone, they could also widen the smartwatch form factor into a belt buckle. It could give you information about how big your waist is, check your pulse via your defending aorta, and even tell you if your bladder is full or not. No need to worry about battery life because you can put a huge battery in there.
    very nice. Went well with the morning coffee.
    08-08-14 11:51 AM
72 123