US Carriers may be kicking themselves but I think that they are gauging on how the Z10 will do in the other markets and it seems to me that the Z10 are doing EXTREMELY WELL. I don't think the demand will slow down anytime soon (seeing how some stores are still sold out and the demand for them are still going strong), so by the time the US carriers roll out the Z10 to the US consumers, the snowball will just keep getting bigger and bigger. Like I said, the demand is still going strong. So, a month or two wait won't be a big deal. If consumers demand it, they will wait for it.
    This is just my opinion and observation based on recent news reports. I have no definitive proof other than what I have read in the news.
    02-13-13 11:43 PM
    I dunno... let's hear it from Americans, what does ur anecdotal experience tell u?
    02-13-13 11:46 PM
    Since it seems like the new BB 10 is selling really well everywhere, do you think that the American Carriers are kicking themselves in the arse for delaying, or will they use it as a marketing tool?
    I'm beginning to wonder if the American carriers are thinking past just selling the BB10s and all the new devices coming out around the same time. But, if they would like a millions (give or take some millions) kicks, I'm sure American customers wouldn't mind wearing some steal-toed boots for the occasion. I know I wouldn't mind at all.
    02-13-13 11:55 PM
    If T-Mobile is busting their humps to get the Z10 to market a few weeks before their competitors, well, good for them, because that might make some people switch. I don't think they'd be doing that if they didn't have that kind of confidence that the Z10 was a draw, rather than "meh".

All I can say is that I am engaged with my Z10 in a way that an iOS or Android device simply has never been able to do. It is an excellent device with an excellent OS. And the critics agree. It has the pent up demand, a lot of people who are on Android and iOS looking for alternatives, it's got quality, it's got a reasonably-stocked app store. It is truly a competitive device. It goes toe to toe with the best iOS and Android devices. Some of that is subjective, but there is plenty of objective evidence that makes a "failure" of the Z10 very unlikely. BB's marketing team have to keep getting the word out and make sure when devices are available in the US, that those who are inclined to check it out are aware of that.

There's nothing new in iOS or Android. Nothing to "check out". There are people who already KNOW they're going to buy an Android or iOS device. Or they're already using one and either NOT going to consider a Z10, or they are. There are 10s of Millions of people who could reasonably buy a new device in the next quarter, and there are plenty of reasons why they should consider a Z10.

Sometimes I think people who insist because no hard numbers have been released that we can't accept that BB10 / Z10 is a 'success' are just, I don't know, sphincters. You know what I mean. You can also say right now: "Star Wars VII isn't necessarily a success, because it's not out yet." Well, yeah, but there is a lot of data out there that supports the notion that Star Wars VII will be a success, and I don't need to see the box office receipts NOW to know that it will be.

Some people. Sheesh.
    02-14-13 12:39 AM
    I personally think that Google Now is definitely something to "check out" on Android. With Mobile World Congress and the launch of the Galaxy S4 in mid March, I think that is going to steal a great deal of the Z10's thunder. I don't think people outside of the US understand how big the stranglehold that IOS and Android have on the market here. I am the only person that I know of that is paying attention to the BB10 launch. I asked about half a dozen people yesterday and nobody knew anybody with a BB. Of course, this is just personal experience, but I think the general perception of BB is not good here. I hear people on here say that BB is really popular with teens in their country and it seems like another world to me. My son is in high school (central FL) and he told me that he doesn't know a single person with a BB and it is generally looked down on. This is just one former BB user's observations and ,like I've said here before, if this came out 2-3 years ago, I would probably still have a BB.
    geoffsdad and allengeorge like this.
    02-14-13 05:19 AM
    I don't buy into this "salespeople are pushing iPhones/Androids over BlackBerry" notion. If people are going into a shop asking for a Z10, I'm doubting that the sales clerk is going to try to talk them into another brand.

Well I can tell you categorically, from both 2nd-hand and personal experience (ie watching and listening with my own eyes and ears) that mobile sales clerks do exactly that here. As others have mentioned, people have some seriously entrenched biases - regardless what their employer might be pushing or not pushing.

As for the US public... I don't know that Americans are especially hostile toward BlackBerry. I think there's a widespread perception that they are safe, secure, dependable, as well as very dull and not particularly innovative.
    You need to do better research. Blackberries get trashed constantly here. Constantly.

Thing is, based on my 9650, that criticism is not without foundation. GPS dies after a few days and requires a reboot or battery-pull, laggy OS "stopwatch of doom", interminable reboot times, crappy application install/uninstall procedure that takes forever, horrific browser, poor 3rd-party app support, blah blah blah.

Yanno, there's lots of things I love about Blackberry, even the legacy Java-ME versions. But not all the criticisms are without foundation, far from it. The problem now is that the cultural lemming effect has placed a really high barrier to Blackberry shedding that bad perception, and the tech punditocracy and their kneejerk critical piling-on has a lot to do with it too.

I was just reading a discussion on a social network I'm on where a Canadian asked people what he should buy "Apple or Android". Note he's Canadian and Blackberry wasn't even on the radar. One of the commenters pointed to the following article, from late 2011, to answer the "Apple or Android" question. I doubt the person would have offered this link if he didn't think it was still relevant. Take a look at what he had to say about Blackberry: Nick's on IT!: Should I buy an iPhone or Android?
    02-14-13 06:39 AM
    I dunno... let's hear it from Americans, what does ur anecdotal experience tell u?
    Okay, I'm American and I'm an aging university prof surrounded by young people, all of whom use smartphones, especially during my lectures. From time to time, I ask them what they have, and most have iPhones or various Androids, but a handful (maybe 10%) have BBs. Very few WPs so far. I ask them what they do with their phones and the overwhelming response is: texting and FaceBook. Most don't use a lot of apps, at least so they tell me. FaceBook Messenger is very popular, as an alternative to texting. When I ask them about BB, many say that their father told them the company was in trouble, and that's (one reason) why they don't have one. They mostly don't know that BB10 is coming, but they're very interested, mainly because they're interested in anything new. When I showed them a little video demo of Peek & Flow, the overwhelming reaction was "I would so get that if it were available."

So, for whatever my anecdote is worth, my impression of college-age Americans is that they're not terribly loyal to a particular platform and are interested in new tech, and BB10 can take advantage of this. But they'll need to convince their fathers!
    02-14-13 07:48 AM
    nope, it's blackberry
    BlackBerry 10: shops deny claims by Thorsten Heins that Z10 phones are selling out - Telegraph

a little research before name calling goes a long way to not making yourself look silly
    Yes it does katiepea, if you had done your own research you would have known that it was Phones4U that made the original claim of being sold out of their original order and then replenished their stock. It was even an article on CrackBerry. It's bizarre how much time you've taken to be negative on BlackBerry.

http://www.phones4u.co.uk/media/pres...-4u/?CID=78888

Look, that article even names actual executives instead of "A shop in London" as yours does.
    02-14-13 08:37 AM
    You need to do better research. Blackberries get trashed constantly here. Constantly.
    If you travel in circles where BB is trashed CONSTANTLY that is the impression you will have. "You need to do better research" he says, with absolutely no data to back it up. Yes, BB takes a beating... but if you think that means everyone is so absolutely prejudiced against BB that even in the face of an excellent operating system and excellent hardware they will STILL not be interested in BB, due to, I guess SPITE, well, you're projecting your own BB hate / loathing onto every else because you can't understand how....

[young people] mostly don't know that BB10 is coming, but they're very interested, mainly because they're interested in anything new. When I showed them a little video demo of Peek & Flow, the overwhelming reaction was "I would so get that if it were available."

So, for whatever my anecdote is worth, my impression of college-age Americans is that they're not terribly loyal to a particular platform and are interested in new tech, and BB10 can take advantage of this. But they'll need to convince their fathers!
    THIS is why BB will succeed. THIS is also why Android and iOS will succeed: people switching from one device to another. If there are 1 billion smart phone users, and every three years, they all switch to other platforms, you end up with 300,000,000 devices sold every year amongst each of the three platforms (I know there are more than three, but there are likely to be more than 1 billion smartphones in active use as well).

I want to buy shares in any company that sells three hundred million of something over a 3 year period.
    02-14-13 08:56 AM
    Deutsche Bank call sales of the z10 in the UK "tepid". If the z10 isn't selling well in the UK then what can be expected from US?.

In Canada, the firm notes the country is rooting for the home team. "It appears that Blackberry has done a much better job at defending their home turf. The sales representatives appear well-trained and while there are incidents of low initial stocking levels, demand generally appears better in Canada than it does in the UK. We think strong sales in Canada is a requirement for BB10 to gain the traction globally."

In the UK, it appears that Blackberry is correcting the missteps in made in the first week, the firm notes. "While this may not affect initial demand there, it will go a long way towards helping them gain mind-share with the consumer and hopefully that will translate into sales over the longer term. We will continue to monitor their progress there closely, but so far, we conclude that the sales in the region have been tepid."
    StreetInsider.com - Deutsche Bank Reports Ho-Hum Results from BlackBerry's (BBRY) Launch Survey
    02-14-13 09:26 AM
    If T-Mobile is busting their humps to get the Z10 to market a few weeks before their competitors, well, good for them, because that might make some people switch. I don't think they'd be doing that if they didn't have that kind of confidence that the Z10 was a draw, rather than "meh".

All I can say is that I am engaged with my Z10 in a way that an iOS or Android device simply has never been able to do. It is an excellent device with an excellent OS. And the critics agree. It has the pent up demand, a lot of people who are on Android and iOS looking for alternatives, it's got quality, it's got a reasonably-stocked app store. It is truly a competitive device. It goes toe to toe with the best iOS and Android devices. Some of that is subjective, but there is plenty of objective evidence that makes a "failure" of the Z10 very unlikely. BB's marketing team have to keep getting the word out and make sure when devices are available in the US, that those who are inclined to check it out are aware of that.

There's nothing new in iOS or Android. Nothing to "check out". There are people who already KNOW they're going to buy an Android or iOS device. Or they're already using one and either NOT going to consider a Z10, or they are. There are 10s of Millions of people who could reasonably buy a new device in the next quarter, and there are plenty of reasons why they should consider a Z10.

Sometimes I think people who insist because no hard numbers have been released that we can't accept that BB10 / Z10 is a 'success' are just, I don't know, sphincters. You know what I mean. You can also say right now: "Star Wars VII isn't necessarily a success, because it's not out yet." Well, yeah, but there is a lot of data out there that supports the notion that Star Wars VII will be a success, and I don't need to see the box office receipts NOW to know that it will be.

Some people. Sheesh.
    1. The 'critics' you refer to say there's nothing there that's compelling enough to make it a better proposition over the established big players like iOS and Android. And certainly the app situation doesn't help matters

2. You say there's 'nothing new' in Android. Well, at the very least the hardware is new, and the OS is far from stale. Thanks to Blackberry's delayed launch, it will show up in the US around the same time as flagships from Sony, HTC and Samsung which annihilate the Z10 in nearly every possible way from a hardware perspective.
    My point is, there's a whole lot on the horizon for both iOS and Android guaranteed to keep their clientele happy.

3. There simply is no indication that the Z10 has sold a very large number of units. Most of the sold out stories are from shops with limited quantities. Microsoft Surface Pro units are sold out across the country, but nobody believes that's due to purchases in the hundreds of thousands. Until BB release concrete sales figures (which i believe they won't for the simple fact that the 'sellout' stories are much more impressive than actual sales) we'll keep guessing until March.
    02-14-13 12:34 PM
    Well I can tell you categorically, from both 2nd-hand and personal experience (ie watching and listening with my own eyes and ears) that mobile sales clerks do exactly that here. As others have mentioned, people have some seriously entrenched biases - regardless what their employer might be pushing or not pushing.
    The scenario I had in mind here was one where it's within a couple of weeks of launch, and the store has Z10s in stock. I'm sure if someone goes in a store and they've sold out of Z10s the sales rep is going to try to pitch a product he can actually sell that day. My point was that all other things being equal, if a store has what a customer is specifically asking for, I have a hard time believing they're going to argue.

You need to do better research. Blackberries get trashed constantly here. Constantly...
    This is an enthusiast community, where frustrated users come for technical support and sometimes an opportunity to vent. Oh, and we get our share of trolls, too. What we see posted here isn't representative of how BlackBerry is viewed by the population at large. I stand by my statement.

I was just reading a discussion on a social network I'm on where a Canadian asked people what he should buy "Apple or Android". Note he's Canadian and Blackberry wasn't even on the radar. One of the commenters pointed to the following article, from late 2011, to answer the "Apple or Android" question. I doubt the person would have offered this link if he didn't think it was still relevant. Take a look at what he had to say about Blackberry: Nick's on IT!: Should I buy an iPhone or Android?
    As much as I'm a patriotic Canadian, I don't think the fact that BB is a Canadian company should ever be more than a secondary consideration. Yes, Canadians buy iPhones and Galaxys here, too. That's called freedom of choice.
    lynxs_claw likes this.
    02-14-13 12:43 PM
    1. The 'critics' you refer to say there's nothing there that's compelling enough to make it a better proposition over the established big players like iOS and Android. And certainly the app situation doesn't help matters
    That assessment is far from universal; there have been many reviews that have gushed over the UI and details like the keyboard. And while I won't dismiss the "app situation", it simply isn't important to all users. I've run into many users (admittedly, generally older ones) who own smartphones but have never been in the App Store.

2. You say there's 'nothing new' in Android. Well, at the very least the hardware is new, and the OS is far from stale. Thanks to Blackberry's delayed launch, it will show up in the US around the same time as flagships from Sony, HTC and Samsung which annihilate the Z10 in nearly every possible way from a hardware perspective.
    My point is, there's a whole lot on the horizon for both iOS and Android guaranteed to keep their clientele happy.
    The Z10 has decent hardware specs, and should remain competitive for a good year at least. There actually aren't THAT many phones out there sporting Snapdragon S4 processors and 2GB RAM. Also, two of the manufacturers you cite here are struggling to even outsell BB right now. I won't pretend that the Z10 is going to appeal to a majority of Android users, but it doesn't absolutely have to anyway.

3. There simply is no indication that the Z10 has sold a very large number of units. Most of the sold out stories are from shops with limited quantities. Microsoft Surface Pro units are sold out across the country, but nobody believes that's due to purchases in the hundreds of thousands. Until BB release concrete sales figures (which i believe they won't for the simple fact that the 'sellout' stories are much more impressive than actual sales) we'll keep guessing until March.
    MS Surface is not a good product to compare against, since Microsoft has maintained a monopoly on sales and distribution, and the Surface has been sold through an extremely limited number of retailers. Microsoft can manipulate inventory at so many levels that, yes, one must take their sell-out claims with a whole shakerful of salt.

With the Z10, though, there are some big differences. We've already heard that in the days following the launch more than half of Phones 4U's 360 outlets in the UK sold out, and that actually WAS a specific number. There is widespread anecdotal evidence that in Canada there are not just sold out retailers, but whole cities where a Z10 can't be found. I don't take all reports at face value, and I don't want to be a hypocrite about this, but it looks like initial sales actually have been good.
    02-14-13 12:58 PM
    At Launch, I am sure sales reps will change their tunes. It is most likely in their best financial interests to do so. Once S4 and iphone6 come out, it will mean Blackberry will go on the back burner with the heat turned off. UNLESS, Blackberry is able to pull out a phone with compatible specs to the competition or a huge wow that the Blackberry OS can do that others can't. This is the biggest Smartphone War ever and I think Blackberry will need the long term capabilities of QNX to win people over and compete. BB10 in itself is most likely is not going to do it by itself. Because of QNX, I think Blackberry can survive as #3 in the US.
    02-14-13 01:02 PM
    My point was that all other things being equal, if a store has what a customer is specifically asking for, I have a hard time believing they're going to argue.
    That's immaterial. Generally speaking, a retail clerk is not going to try to talk someone out of the purchase of something that they are ready plunk their money down that second for, unless:

1. The product is not in stock
    2. The product is not profitable
    3. The product has such a poor track record that the clerk would rather not see another return on it

I have seen retail staff do #3 many times - I've done the same myself on many occasions when I sold retail consumer electronic products. But if a customer insists on purchasing the item, most clerks will certainly sell it to them rather than have the customer walk out and buy it someplace else. After all, if the store didn't want to sell that product, they wouldn't be stocking them.

This is an enthusiast community, where frustrated users come for technical support and sometimes an opportunity to vent. Oh, and we get our share of trolls, too. What we see posted here isn't representative of how BlackBerry is viewed by the population at large. I stand by my statement.
    Do you really think that the only place I am exposed to discussions or commentary about tech products is here? Uh, no. If that were the case I would probably have made my username here "BBfanboi4ever" or something, rather than "Omnitech".
    02-14-13 04:09 PM
    That's immaterial. Generally speaking, a retail clerk is not going to try to talk someone out of the purchase of something that they are ready plunk their money down that second for, unless:

1. The product is not in stock
    2. The product is not profitable
    3. The product has such a poor track record that the clerk would rather not see another return on it

I have seen retail staff do #3 many times - I've done the same myself on many occasions when I sold retail consumer electronic products. But if a customer insists on purchasing the item, most clerks will certainly sell it to them rather than have the customer walk out and buy it someplace else. After all, if the store didn't want to sell that product, they wouldn't be stocking them.
    Okay, so I want to make sure I'm clear on this: you're saying you've seen more than passing evidence that UK sales clerks are actively discouraging customers from buying Z10s? Because that's what the original point of the discussion was. As much as I realize that salespeople can have their own agendas--and are doing the customer a genuine service if they steer that customer to a product more suitable to their needs--I remain skeptical that store staff would aggressively try to turn customers away from a launch product that they've come in the store specifically to ask for.

Do you really think that the only place I am exposed to discussions or commentary about tech products is here? Uh, no. If that were the case I would probably have made my username here "BBfanboi4ever" or something, rather than "Omnitech".
    There's a big difference between a "bad" brand and a "weakened" one. I realize that some people are genuinely hostile toward BB, but you may need to concede that there are user populations that are hostile to Microsoft, Apple, and Google as well just about every other tech company. I think the GENERAL perception of BB is that they're conservative, stable, secure, and not particularly innovative or exciting. I believe that an innovative, exciting product could surprise many of those potential customers and get them to revise their view.

Remember that BlackBerry was still considered among the top 100 brands worldwide; not trivial, and still decent brand equity. I think with a few years of competent execution and genuine innovation that a lot of users who have dismissed them will be ready to take them seriously again.
    peter9477 and lynxs_claw like this.
    02-14-13 04:28 PM
    I can assure you that they are selling much much better than the 9900s were last month. At least in Canada. So that means a big increase in market share if the trend continues.
    I would be looking at an initial market share increase in Canada to around 40%. Whether that holds up or not is to be seen.
    02-14-13 08:23 PM
    The Z10 has decent hardware specs, and should remain competitive for a good year at least. There actually aren't THAT many phones out there sporting Snapdragon S4 processors and 2GB RAM. Also, two of the manufacturers you cite here are struggling to even outsell BB right now. I won't pretend that the Z10 is going to appeal to a majority of Android users, but it doesn't absolutely have to anyway.
    There aren't that many phones out there. By April, there will be many flagships with significantly better. 2GB is the norm now and the S4 Pro is practically the lowest possible SoC any new flagship will come out with...and even that significantly outpaces the S4 in benchmarks.
    Bigger, brighter and higher resolution screens are also a feature that will make it in newer phones...and thanks to Nokia and the iPhone throwing down the Camera gauntlet, expect all those phones to sport cameras that'll outstrip the Z10.
    Understand my POV. I'm not trying to make the Z10 look bad...just trying to show the OP that the Carriers already have their hands full with superphones in April to worry about losing sales by not carrying BB10 devices earlier.

MS Surface is not a good product to compare against, since Microsoft has maintained a monopoly on sales and distribution, and the Surface has been sold through an extremely limited number of retailers. Microsoft can manipulate inventory at so many levels that, yes, one must take their sell-out claims with a whole shakerful of salt.
    Again, not comparing directly with the Surface Pro (which was actually really sold out on the 128 GB model). All i'm pointing out is that the reason for the sell-out is due to the extremely low supply MS had at launch, with many Best Buy shops getting just one or two units. In relation to the Z10 launch, just an indication that 'selling out' due to very limited supply is not a big positive. selling out due to large demand outstripping your large supply is an excellent indicator.

With the Z10, though, there are some big differences. We've already heard that in the days following the launch more than half of Phones 4U's 360 outlets in the UK sold out, and that actually WAS a specific number. There is widespread anecdotal evidence that in Canada there are not just sold out retailers, but whole cities where a Z10 can't be found. I don't take all reports at face value, and I don't want to be a hypocrite about this, but it looks like initial sales actually have been good.
    I beg to differ. Those are not numbers. If half of Phones4u 550 shops were sold out and each shop had 10 units only, that's just 225 * 10 = 2250 units. Is that a good figure for you? We have no clear indicator of stocking levels for each shop but there was an anecdotal post here on CB about the Oxford street shop having just 12 units at launch...and Oxford Street is a pretty busy shopping district.

The stock levels could be much higher, online sales may have accounted for much more units, my math could be wrong, etc...but the point there is that all we have here is a range.

Estimates are nice but they can be misleading.
    02-15-13 01:54 AM
    There aren't that many phones out there. By April, there will be many flagships with significantly better. 2GB is the norm now and the S4 Pro is practically the lowest possible SoC any new flagship will come out with...and even that significantly outpaces the S4 in benchmarks.
    You are projecting an evident "specs matter very very much" attitude onto the general populace who don't know what an "S4" is. Analysis flaw #1

Bigger, brighter and higher resolution screens are also a feature that will make it in newer phones...and thanks to Nokia and the iPhone throwing down the Camera gauntlet, expect all those phones to sport cameras that'll outstrip the Z10.
    Projecting again. A display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 at 4.5 inches better have the fastest CPU available to push all those useless pixels. If you've laid eyes on a Z10 screen, you know the screen is excellent, so saying that anything other than a minority of gadget nerds even care about higher resolution screens is, again, projecting your "must have" criteria onto the general public.

Understand my POV. I'm not trying to make the Z10 look bad...just trying to show the OP that the Carriers already have their hands full with superphones in April to worry about losing sales by not carrying BB10 devices earlier.
    Your rationale doesn't explain why carriers also offer phones that are far LESS than super... that people still go crazy if they can get a Galaxy SII off contract for $199. It's only got 800 x 480 resolution on an over 4" screen... pixels so jagged you could cut yourself on them! So, the spec race (which is largely already run to the end, if someone offered a 4.5" phone with a 3840 x 2160 display would it be "better"?) is clearly not the utmost criteria, even though phones with high specs do sell well. The SIII didn't sell well because it's got 1280 x 720 resolution screen (which the Z10 exceeds) it sold well because it's got a BEAUTIFUL screen and is fast, and has Android. The Z10 has a BEAUTIFUL screen and is fast, and for some BB10 is an asset, for others BB10 is a liability, and for most, BB10 is an unknown of which BB marketing has to inform the public, and so far I think they're doing a pretty good job.

Again, not comparing directly with the Surface Pro (which was actually really sold out on the 128 GB model). All i'm pointing out is that the reason for the sell-out is due to the extremely low supply MS had at launch, with many Best Buy shops getting just one or two units. In relation to the Z10 launch, just an indication that 'selling out' due to very limited supply is not a big positive. selling out due to large demand outstripping your large supply is an excellent indicator.
    I agree that 'selling out' is not hard data. I was at Future Shop in downtown toronto and there were only 2 people in the "Cell Shop" while I was there... one was looking at the Z10, trying it out. The other was there to buy a Chatr SIM card. So, that's called a "coincidence" just like all the other anecdotal "it's selling well, in my limited personal experience" or "it's not selling well". There's no point in really debating it until the end of the quarter and whenever BB decides to release hard sell-through figures.

But it's an excellent device and the OS is excellent and the BlackBerry World hit the ground running and is making gains in key apps, so, if you add it up, and take away "spec envy" that is actually common only amongst tech-blog-lurker-nerds like ourselves (and not even universal in that case) then I have a lot of confidence that BB10 is off to a good start, and when the Q10 and the "Curves" hit, market penetration will increase more still.
    Last edited by lorax1284; 02-15-13 at 09:29 AM.
    lynxs_claw likes this.
    02-15-13 08:43 AM
    ...you're saying you've seen more than passing evidence that UK sales clerks are actively discouraging customers from buying Z10s?
    What I was specifically following-up to was someone's assertions about the US market. And if Blackberry was the most popular thing in the world, it would be the most popular thing in the world, not something with <5% marketshare most places outside of the 3rd-world.

I remain skeptical that store staff would aggressively try to turn customers away from a launch product that they've come in the store specifically to ask for.
    You can remain as skeptical as you want, I spent 10 years in retail selling products like this, I am not unaware of what happens in a retail context.

People are human, they have personal biases. In fact I'd wager that simplistic/binary views of the world are more rampant today than they ever were. Thus people bring those biases everywhere they go, including to the sales floor if that happens to be their occupation.

A lot depends on their employer. Verizon has been accused for example of being lukewarm about Blackberry, and if that is indeed true, I'd expect it to show through in how they train their staff.

I think the GENERAL perception of BB is that they're conservative, stable, secure, and not particularly innovative or exciting.
    When we are talking about the mass consumer market, no one really cares about "secure" - if they did, they wouldn't all be flocking to Android.

As for "stable" - my personal experience and my exposure to other opinions demonstrates that the JavaME platform that BB has been milking way past its sell-by-date has caused BB's reputation massive damage due to all of its reliability/performance issues.
    02-15-13 05:50 PM
    ...a bunch of opinions...
    I disagree with your opinions.
    02-15-13 08:36 PM
    Americans are crossing the canadian border to buy the blackberry z10 in record numbers!
    02-15-13 10:46 PM
    Americans are crossing the canadian border to buy the blackberry z10 in record numbers!
    What was the previous record?
    02-15-13 10:54 PM
    I disagree with your opinions.
    That's nice. While you're disagreeing, why don't you read this too:

https://community.verizonwireless.co.../931324#931324

Pay particular attention to the original post (Nov 16 2012) and the posts from Dec 22 2012 and Jan 19 2013.

That is what Verizon reps have been telling their customers.

Now granted, they have an incentive to push customers to buy what they have in stock, but making up disinformation to push that line? Especially in the latter case, when it is only 10 days from the launch of BB10?
    02-15-13 10:56 PM
    That's nice. While you're disagreeing, why don't you read this too:

https://community.verizonwireless.co.../931324#931324

Pay particular attention to the original post (Nov 16 2012) and the posts from Dec 22 2012 and Jan 19 2013.

That is what Verizon reps have been telling their customers.

Now granted, they have an incentive to push customers to buy what they have in stock, but making up disinformation to push that line? Especially in the latter case, when it is only 10 days from the launch of BB10?
    who do you think you are offering actual data and making genuine points. that's not what we do around here!
    Chaddface likes this.
    02-15-13 11:31 PM
118 ... 2345