http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/w...e/26746297.gif

That's the topic, not whether BlackBerry is selling well. Quit the bickering, and stick to the topic. Please!
    said with such optimism
    02-13-13 04:40 PM
    Well, all I can say is that I went back to EE store where I got the phone from. And the guys there said that they sold out 3 times since I was there the last time ( I got it on launch day). They sold out as follows : weekend of launch day, replenished Tuesday, Sold out Friday replenished Friday, sold out Tuesday. They were getting them in bunches of 25-30.
    And they also added that if only they had more they would definitely be outselling any other phone in the shop. And that they had to turn customers away.
    Think what you want about the effect of low supply, but the phone is selling like hot cakes.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-13-13 04:54 PM
    I could be wrong but I dont remember Samsung reporting numbers after one or 2 weeks. I think the US carriers are interested in how the BB10 is selling but quite frankly are not going to change any of thier plans because it sold well elsewhere. If people want it they will buy it at the end of March or the middle of March. I think what is going to sell Z10 is customers coming in and playing with it and going" Wow cool phone! Oh its a BlackBerry? Cool"Thats what is going to sell the zeeeee 10 in the US to people that are not Crackberrians
    Didi besh likes this.
    02-13-13 04:55 PM
    nope, it's blackberry
    BlackBerry 10: shops deny claims by Thorsten Heins that Z10 phones are selling out - Telegraph

a little research before name calling goes a long way to not making yourself look silly
    Point is, no one knows for sure. I like what a previous poster said about his anecdotal observations based on going into a Walmart. And that the phone is commanding a high price on eBay is encouraging. I also COMPLETELY understand Blackberry's hesitance to release numbers this early in the game. As someone said, it's only been released in small markets so far and the total numbers might not be impressive to the media. Given that RIM/Blackberry has been hauled over the coals the last 18 months (and to be fair, they deserved some of the criticism), I would act the same in their shoes. This is their last shot at remaining in the game. And having had the phone for a week now, and seeing how excellent their first new phone operates, I'm gonna give them a pass for now. If in six months, they start to revert to the old RIM? Then I'll join the chorus that criticizes. But let's give them a chance. Apple has had about half a dozen missteps related to iOS6 and they've been given a lot of passes by the media.
    02-13-13 05:16 PM
    I frankly don't understand how there can be such trouble replenishing the line when the phones that would have gone to the USA for launch day won't be needed for another month? Surely they can take from there and replenish as they have time to do so, while making sure everyone who wants a Z10 gets one.

I always know how many iPhones sell in the first weekend, just wondering why we aren't seeing the numbers from BB if they are this good? They can qualify the number against previous sales.
    I think there are several reasons. Just my opinion. First, Blackberry got 'owned' on the PlayBook, and they're being cautious. Second, it's not bad marketing / psychology to have people come into the store and see sellouts, and if the media reports on it, that's a bonus. This is a very common marketing tactic that companies use, not just in cellular if they're trying to generate demand. Remember the iPhone 4 sellouts and how it was going to be WEEKS before stock was replenished? I have no proof, but I also have no doubt that was a manufactured event by Apple to create demand. And the media, in Apple's case, gleefully reported it at great length. Don't get upset with Blackberry's marketing team if they're attempting the same thing. Unfortunately, this seems to be how the game is played these days. I truly wish it were otherwise, but it's not up to me. Anyway, just my speculation. There may be other reasons as well.
    randall2580 likes this.
    02-13-13 05:28 PM
    I have a feeling it is not so much as customer demand but the carriers wanting to sell more iphones and samsung. Will they be getting a higher commission for blackberries? Plus i have a feeling the usa public is quite hostile towards blackberry too. Is that true?
    02-13-13 05:40 PM
    I have a feeling it is not so much as customer demand but the carriers wanting to sell more iphones and samsung. Will they be getting a higher commission for blackberries? Plus i have a feeling the usa public is quite hostile towards blackberry too. Is that true?
    I think the carriers would be happy if Blackberry and Windows phones were successful as a more competitive hardware market would give the carriers greater control. Having said that, on the customer level you're dealing with reps that have their own personal preferences and biases and I'm sure that plays a part. There may be a bias in the US as Google and Apple's main HQ is American based whereas BlackBerry is Canadian. Having said that, I'm not seeing a whole lot of love in the U.S. for Windows Phone...
    02-13-13 05:48 PM
    It is setting and exceeding expectations. If I am a retailer and I order a dozen units, that is because I expect to sell a dozen units and, if I sell a dozen units, I have met my expectations. If I sell a dozen and one, I have then exceeded my expectations. Put any number in place of 'a dozen' and 'a dozen and one'. It's the same thing, BB seems to be exceeding expectations and at the end of the day I think that's what counts.
    02-13-13 05:49 PM
    Exceeding expectations is the new corporate approved speak for doing really well. Makes me think of all the performance reviews in the office. I'm happy to hear that BlackBerry is exceeding in this instance. I'm eagerly awaiting the US launch to participate in this awesomeness.
    02-13-13 05:53 PM
    I don't buy into this "salespeople are pushing iPhones/Androids over BlackBerry" notion. If people are going into a shop asking for a Z10, I'm doubting that the sales clerk is going to try to talk them into another brand. And while it's possible that BB may offer some kind of incentive for sales staff, that doesn't actually bring customers INTO the store.

As for the US public... I don't know that Americans are especially hostile toward BlackBerry. I think there's a widespread perception that they are safe, secure, dependable, as well as very dull and not particularly innovative. They are certainly not seen as fashionable. What's great is, if they introduce a product that is at least competitive with Apple and Samsung (and I think the Z10 will be seen as such), there will be a lot of people willing to at least look at it.
    02-13-13 06:07 PM
    I think the US carriers are interested in how the BB10 is selling but quite frankly are not going to change any of thier plans because it sold well elsewhere. If people want it they will buy it at the end of March or the middle of March.

The only thing that might change that is if T-mobile is serious about releasing early. If the others feel there is a large demand they might move up just to ensure they don't loose subscribers to a competitor.

It could happen. :-)
    02-13-13 06:07 PM
    Exceeding expectations is the new corporate approved speak for doing really well. Makes me think of all the performance reviews in the office. I'm happy to hear that BlackBerry is exceeding in this instance. I'm eagerly awaiting the US launch to participate in this awesomeness.
    If nothing else has improved at BlackBerry under Thorsten Heins, they've gotten MUCH better at managing expectations.
    02-13-13 06:09 PM
    The only thing that might change that is if T-mobile is serious about releasing early. If the others feel there is a large demand they might move up just to ensure they don't loose subscribers to a competitor.

It could happen. :-)
    Who knows? Sprint might, I guess. Verizon won't; apparently, they actually still ARE engaged in testing on the CDMA handset. I still think T-Mo's decision to move up their launch wasn't because their testing went better than expected so much as they saw the phone getting decent traction in the UK and Canada.
    02-13-13 06:15 PM
    We've had one number: 55% of Phones 4U outlets in the UK sold out by the weekend after the phones went on sale Jan 30. Granted, we don't know how many units that actually represents, but it's certainly encouraging.

We also have T-Mobile moving their launch up a couple of weeks. One reasonable assumption to make: that they believe there will be healthy demand and want to get the phone on sale ASAP.
    Seriously? Tmobile is launching phone sooner? How did you find that out? I want the phone like yesterday. This is exciting news!
    02-13-13 06:22 PM
    To answer the OP's question, I doubt that the US carriers are tormented by regrets. I think we can expect the Z10 to sell and not gather dust on the shelves, but I don't think it's going to be an instant game-changer in the US market. Tmobile is naturally the most interested, since they don't have the iPhone yet, and they are trying hard to look like they're on the cutting edge without it. Even so, I honestly don't think any of the other carriers, with the possible exception of Sprint (and that's doubtful) are losing sleep worrying about losing customers to Tmobile. All that really has to happen is for BB10 to make a good impression and start to gather momentum in the market, and the carriers will be happy. If some of the big-name apps show up before the launch, they'll be even happier.
    02-13-13 06:25 PM
    To answer the OP's question, I doubt that the US carriers are tormented by regrets. I think we can expect the Z10 to sell and not gather dust on the shelves, but I don't think it's going to be an instant game-changer in the US market. Tmobile is naturally the most interested, since they don't have the iPhone yet, and they are trying hard to look like they're on the cutting edge without it. Even so, I honestly don't think any of the other carriers, with the possible exception of Sprint (and that's doubtful) are losing sleep worrying about losing customers to Tmobile. All that really has to happen is for BB10 to make a good impression and start to gather momentum in the market, and the carriers will be happy. If some of the big-name apps show up before the launch, they'll be even happier.
    Tmobile will be launching the iphone. They are waiting to roll out their new LTE network. I think the iphone is coming after the BB10 launch.
    02-13-13 06:37 PM
    Any proof they're selling really well? I have severe doubts. I got mine sim free from p4u over a week ago (ordered online before the prices went up)
    but i went into a few stores the weekend after release and their reports weren't that great.
    I have seen only 2 so far. But then again, I haven't left my house.
    sean000 and Zedi Master like this.
    02-13-13 06:51 PM
    Seriously? Tmobile is launching phone sooner? How did you find that out? I want the phone like yesterday. This is exciting news!
    Check here:

T-Mobile Says BlackBerry 10 Testing Well for Mid-March Debut - Bloomberg
    02-13-13 08:01 PM
    The US market will be the hardest market for Blackberry to win over to BB10. As long as the new devices are without major flaws they should do well but if there are any glitches this could hurt sales. Blackberry need sales at this point to become a major player in the US market again.
    02-13-13 08:23 PM
    i was in the costco to day, and they had them on display, the girl told me that they got 10 black and 2 white on launch day and sold out in 5 hours that day.. they got another 12 phones they were all gone by friday. they got restocked again and she said they 1 left and already have phones spoken for when there next shipment arrives. she said they are selling really well, and that the other 2 people that work in the booth both a switched to them. sound like if bb can get the apps going that they could give apple maybe even samsung a run for there money..
    02-13-13 08:50 PM
    What I would like to know, and think is very important, is who is buying them. If it's mainly BB loyalists, good, but not great. If people are coming over from other platforms, we have a ballgame.
    See Roger's statement - "50% of the pre-order came from non blackberry users".
    Didi besh likes this.
    02-13-13 09:01 PM
    in a word, no,,, they're perfectly happy to see:
    1)- if the phone sells- or
    B)- bug fixes of initial OS release- or
    3)- what model there's demand for- or
    D)- it's taking them a while to stuff the OS w/ their own brand of bloatware & NSA trinkets- OOOrrr
    5)- all the above in no particular order...
    02-13-13 09:10 PM
    First, as I have said over and over in these forums, you will not get any hard numbers out of BB till the quarterly report. It is basically unethical to present key information in a haphazard and unverifiable manner. CEOs lose the job over stuff like this.

So the question we need to answer is what can we glean from secondary information. People like Nate Silverman with the NYT have shown, that it can be quite useful. He has accurately predicted the last two US elections to the annoyance of the major political parties. His approach is simple, take available information and weigh it properly for accuracy and bias. If one looks at available information, it is clear that the majority of information points to strong demand. These come from a variety of sources that do not necessarily have a vested interested in the outcome. In contrast, contrary evidence seems to be confined to one article which misquoted the CEO and was later shown to be inaccurate based on a quantitative survey. So there you go.

The American carriers are not naive nor are they stupid. They see that demand for BB10 is solid and they are clearly moving up their time lines for launch. They want to make money and they simply do not care if they sell an iPhone, a Samsung or a BB10 device. They just want to make sales. It is pretty simple.
    kelexiong and Zedi Master like this.
    02-13-13 09:14 PM
    I don't buy into this "salespeople are pushing iPhones/Androids over BlackBerry" notion. If people are going into a shop asking for a Z10, I'm doubting that the sales clerk is going to try to talk them into another brand. And while it's possible that BB may offer some kind of incentive for sales staff, that doesn't actually bring customers INTO the store.

As for the US public... I don't know that Americans are especially hostile toward BlackBerry. I think there's a widespread perception that they are safe, secure, dependable, as well as very dull and not particularly innovative. They are certainly not seen as fashionable. What's great is, if they introduce a product that is at least competitive with Apple and Samsung (and I think the Z10 will be seen as such), there will be a lot of people willing to at least look at it.
    I can speak with experience as a consumer that there is a level of hostility from consumers and a concerted effort by sales reps to belittle Blackberry users for being Blackberry users. Walk into any carrier store and mention Blackberry and you will be guaranteed a snarky comment. Always with a push to Iphone or Android. This will be very hard to overcome. Sales reps have conditioned themselves to trash Blackberry the minute Blackberry is brought up. I once had a sprint store manager go into a tirade about how much he hates blackberry and the whole OS. I was just trying to get my battery tested. Doesn't matter what carrier store, sales reps have been steering away from blackberry the last couple of years.
    The average American on the street does not have a good opinion of Blackberry as well. I have been asked when I was going to upgrade to a smartphone, and they weren't teasing, they were serious. Besides myself, there are still a few older co-workers that use Blackberry. I once saw a manager get in front of 80 ppl and chastise the people using blackberries. She said we all needed to switch to iphones because Blackberry was going out of business. She went off on a 3 minute rant for no reason. BBM is really the only positive people have taken away from their past Blackberry experiences.
    So, at this time, carrier response is lukewarm at best. They probably look at Blackberry more as an inconvenience than a business opportunity. The uphill battle Blackberry faces in the US is huge. If you think the negativity was bad during the UK and Canadian launch, I am cringing at the thought of the US launch. I would speculate that there will be good demand at launch though and a very very slow change in the American mindset over the course of the next year or two. Once Blackberry is able to start utilizing QNX via M2M, I think you will really see the tech and the American consumer attitude change for Blackberry. It sure is interesting with these carriers. The carriers are just one piece of this twisted mess called The Great Smartphone War of 2013.
    02-13-13 09:51 PM
    I can speak with experience as a consumer that there is a level of hostility from consumers and a concerted effort by sales reps to belittle Blackberry users for being Blackberry users. Walk into any carrier store and mention Blackberry and you will be guaranteed a snarky comment. Always with a push to Iphone or Android. This will be very hard to overcome. Sales reps have conditioned themselves to trash Blackberry the minute Blackberry is brought up. I once had a sprint store manager go into a tirade about how much he hates blackberry and the whole OS. I was just trying to get my battery tested. Doesn't matter what carrier store, sales reps have been steering away from blackberry the last couple of years.
    The average American on the street does not have a good opinion of Blackberry as well. I have been asked when I was going to upgrade to a smartphone, and they weren't teasing, they were serious. Besides myself, there are still a few older co-workers that use Blackberry. I once saw a manager get in front of 80 ppl and chastise the people using blackberries. She said we all needed to switch to iphones because Blackberry was going out of business. She went off on a 3 minute rant for no reason. BBM is really the only positive people have taken away from their past Blackberry experiences.
    So, at this time, carrier response is lukewarm at best. They probably look at Blackberry more as an inconvenience than a business opportunity. The uphill battle Blackberry faces in the US is huge. If you think the negativity was bad during the UK and Canadian launch, I am cringing at the thought of the US launch. I would speculate that there will be good demand at launch though and a very very slow change in the American mindset over the course of the next year or two. Once Blackberry is able to start utilizing QNX via M2M, I think you will really see the tech and the American consumer attitude change for Blackberry. It sure is interesting with these carriers. The carriers are just one piece of this twisted mess called The Great Smartphone War of 2013.
    Interesting post and point of view. However, as we have seen in other launch countries, the presumed hostility to BB was found to be superficial and without deep roots. It simply disappeared in a matter of hours. It could be different in the US as BB is competing on Apple's/androids home tuff. But I will be honest. It seems to me that most of the hostility and uncertainty boils down to rather simplistic rah-rah nationalistic nonsense by the usual cast of characters. If it is a good product and a new experience, Americans will buy it just like anyone else.
    ubizmo likes this.
    02-13-13 10:35 PM
118 12345