Since it seems like the new BB 10 is selling really well everywhere, do you think that the American Carriers are kicking themselves in the arse for delaying, or will they use it as a marketing tool?
    02-12-13 01:57 PM
    Not sure. Because people might not want it but then the carriers do want it because if it came down to only 2 os' they could demand more and have terms. So it's a 50/50 because they want it. But douches like my sister talk smack. Good thing to ponder tho
    02-12-13 02:15 PM
    Any proof they're selling really well? I have severe doubts. I got mine sim free from p4u over a week ago (ordered online before the prices went up)
    but i went into a few stores the weekend after release and their reports weren't that great.
    richardat likes this.
    02-12-13 02:34 PM
    There is supposed to be one american carrier offering z10 already. I haven't heard anything about anyone buying it from there.
    02-12-13 03:06 PM
    Any proof they're selling really well? I have severe doubts. I got mine sim free from p4u over a week ago (ordered online before the prices went up)
    but i went into a few stores the weekend after release and their reports weren't that great.
    Tell me newbie, can you give more than anecdotal information?
    02-12-13 03:27 PM
    Well, if E-Bay bidding prices are still north of CAD$800 and the top retail price for an unlocked phone is CAD$649, that tells me there can't be too many phones sitting unsold on the shelves. As to the US seller, he is selling for around USD$1,000 when the alternative can be had for USD$150 less, I would not be surprised that sales by that particular retailer might not be all that good.
    VeGiTo likes this.
    02-12-13 03:28 PM
    What stores and how many and where are they located? Not that I doubt you, but it could be that your personal observation may not be the norm for other locations that you did not check.
    02-12-13 03:40 PM
    News from UAE corroborates with what we're seeing in Canada and UK:

New Blackberry selling fast in the UAE | Al Bawaba

“The all new BlackBerry Z10 is already shaping up to be one of the UAE’s best-selling smartphones for 2013."
    02-12-13 04:00 PM
    Any hard numbers to back that up?
    Of course not. None have been released.
    So no one outside of BlackBerry actually knows.
    02-12-13 04:36 PM
    We've had one number: 55% of Phones 4U outlets in the UK sold out by the weekend after the phones went on sale Jan 30. Granted, we don't know how many units that actually represents, but it's certainly encouraging.

We also have T-Mobile moving their launch up a couple of weeks. One reasonable assumption to make: that they believe there will be healthy demand and want to get the phone on sale ASAP.
    02-12-13 04:42 PM
    They should NOT release any hard numbers until it is launched everywhere in the world, especially the US. The reason is because the first 3 markets are small relative to the world, the absolute number may not impress some people despite exceeding all expectations. You can be SURE that the press will not have the intelligence to put things in perspective, and instead they will spin it negatively as they compare to other headline numbers put out by Apple etc, glossing over the crucial fact that BB10 is being launched in smaller markets first.

What we can do instead is to use the reception from these markets to gauge how it will do in the rest of the world.

So far it is going gangbuster in 3 out of 3 markets.
    02-12-13 04:44 PM
    Minor data point here. I live in Uxbridge an hour north-east of Toronto. Just visited an independent store carrying Rogers, the local Walmart, the local The Source store (now owned by Bell), but skipped the Staples and the Bell store which are perhaps the only other places in town that would carry the phones.

Only the Walmart has any stock left (quick everyone, drive up here to buy them! ;-) ) and they have only a couple of devices left for Rogers and for Bell. The independent Rogers place sold out of 12 on the first day and may not have had any more since (that was unclear to me). The Source had got only a few phones but they're sold out too.

Even better is the fact that at each location the sales staff were knowledgeable about the phones: not experts, but they had their training etc. One of the ladies at Walmart had even watched the Jan 30 launch event online. All of them praised it and said they'll have no trouble selling lots of them (when resupplied).

Almost no accessories are available yet out here. A few cases (at two stores) and the car charger (at Walmart) were all they've got so far. No batteries, other chargers, or anything else yet. (Not really surprising, though I would have liked to grab a spare battery.)

(If you're local and want to hit the Walmart here, I suggest you call ahead.)
    Last edited by peter9477; 02-12-13 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Circuit City is now just The Source
    02-12-13 05:24 PM
    Tell me newbie, can you give more than anecdotal information?
    is there a reason you're just hijacking threads with complete nonsense? btw YOU'RE the "newbie"

now, we don't really know how many units stores got or how many were even manufactured. if you all remember correctly blackberry was claiming the playbook was selling great too.
    02-12-13 05:28 PM
    is there a reason you're just hijacking threads with complete nonsense? btw YOU'RE the "newbie"

now, we don't really know how many units stores got or how many were even manufactured. if you all remember correctly blackberry was claiming the playbook was selling great too.
    It's not Blackberry making these claims big mouth. It's the carriers.
    kfh227 likes this.
    02-12-13 07:46 PM
    It's not Blackberry making these claims big mouth. It's the carriers.
    nope, it's blackberry
    BlackBerry 10: shops deny claims by Thorsten Heins that Z10 phones are selling out - Telegraph

a little research before name calling goes a long way to not making yourself look silly
    02-12-13 08:07 PM
    nope, it's blackberry
    BlackBerry 10: shops deny claims by Thorsten Heins that Z10 phones are selling out - Telegraph

a little research before name calling goes a long way to not making yourself look silly
    BlackBerry never claimed it was sold out everywhere. Thorsten Heins has only publicly said it was the best first day launch of a BlackBerry phone. He never claimed it was selling out everywhere.
    As for his quote about "White is sold out already", perhaps he was just talking specifically about the store he was at, or maybe he meant all white BB10 phones in warehouse has shipped out to carriers, so from BlackBerry's perspective, they are sold out.
    "Selling out" could mean the store was at some point out of stock, not necessarily every store having no more stock for the rest of the month.

Also, claiming that it was "beyond expectationg" isn't saying much. If they "expected" to sell 10,000 phones within the first day worldwide, then selling 10,001 worldwide would be "beyond expectation".

Got to be careful how these things are interpreted.
    02-12-13 08:14 PM
    nope, it's blackberry

sean000 and katiepea, please don't make me put you over my knee and spank you.
    02-12-13 08:26 PM
    nope, it's blackberry

Cute. If you think think the 16 year old girl answering the phone at random London outlets is proof of anything. Here's one for you, but you have to actually read the article. (Not just the headline).

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe...rticle8296322/

@kill_9 yes please!
    recompile likes this.
    02-12-13 08:55 PM
    I went into a few as well and their reports were that it was selling quite well. Guess it depends on where you are.

Only real proof we'll have is in March
    02-12-13 08:59 PM
  20. Professional_Tickle_Fighter's Avatar
    I ordered my z10 from Rogers a week ago - hasn't even shipped yet due to demand. Usually when i buy a new phone for my company Rogers has it out the door within 24 hours and overnights it to me.
    02-12-13 09:03 PM
    Cute. If you think think the 16 year old girl answering the phone at random London outlets is proof of anything. Here's one for you, but you have to actually read the article. (Not just the headline).

RIM hails

@kill_9 yes please!
    unfortunately "best day ever" is completely and entirely vague. it's also a relative statement. what constitutes best? does selling out at stores that only received 5 units mean best? is it a gross sales figure? is it a dollar amount? if i make a new device and give 5 of them to a store, they sell out, i declare that the mere fact it sold out makes it better than the last shipment which was overstocked. i've had the best day ever. my point isn't that it wasn't selling well. my point was that nobody knows until there are actual numbers to look at. so arguing one way or the other is asinine. there's also a point worth noting that blackberry has historically had absolutely terrible launches. staggered out across carriers and countries. this was probably the most widespread launch ever.
    richardat and Blacklatino like this.
    02-12-13 09:41 PM
    Slim BlackBerry pickings in UAE as demand for Z10 outstrips supply - The National
    BlackBerry Z10 Gets Record Orders in Canada - Bloomberg
    BlackBerry Z10 Launch Sold Record Number of Units Says Rogers | iPhone in Canada Blog - Canada's #1 iPhone Resource

You haters and ex-rim employees are so bitter one wonders why you bother to come here? The fact is simple the Z10 is selling out like crazy. Another fact is it's the best phone on the market today. It crushes my SG3 which was good but doesn't compare to the Z10. No more in and out like it's 2008 and wasting so much time. The Z10 has a faster web browser then even my PC. If you compare it to my SG3 it's not even funny how the Z10 beats it with ease. So many mindless haters here it's not funny.
    6spd_legend likes this.
    02-12-13 09:55 PM
    I am pretty sure they've used quantitative reports such as best sales by 50%. That'd be by unit quantity.
    02-12-13 09:58 PM
    Slim BlackBerry pickings in UAE as demand for Z10 outstrips supply - The National
    BlackBerry Z10 Gets Record Orders in Canada - Bloomberg
    BlackBerry Z10 Launch Sold Record Number of Units Says Rogers | iPhone in Canada Blog - Canada's #1 iPhone Resource

You haters and ex-rim employees are so bitter one wonders why you bother to come here? The fact is simple the Z10 is selling out like crazy. Another fact is it's the best phone on the market today. It crushes my SG3 which was good but doesn't compare to the Z10. No more in and out like it's 2008 and wasting so much time. The Z10 has a faster web browser then even my PC. If you compare it to my SG3 it's not even funny how the Z10 beats it with ease. So many mindless haters here it's not funny.
    who is hating? i'm buying a z10. as far as how it stacks up against other smartphones, that's completely irrelevant to this discussion. it's nearly the identical phone as the sgs3
    Blacklatino likes this.
    02-12-13 10:07 PM
    Since it seems like the new BB 10 is selling really well everywhere, do you think that the American Carriers are kicking themselves in the arse for delaying, or will they use it as a marketing tool?

That's the topic, not whether BlackBerry is selling well. Quit the bickering, and stick to the topic. Please!
    02-12-13 10:13 PM
118 123 ...