Used print to go to print a document from my computer to my BlackBerry as pdf for the first time! It is just awesome!

Posted via CB10
    bennelong likes this.
    09-16-13 11:06 PM
    Used print to go to print a document from my computer to my BlackBerry as pdf for the first time! It is just awesome!

There is no "Print to Go" app for BlackBerry 10 OS.

Are you talking about sideloading the Android app?

The same people that wrote Print to Go for Android wrote a similiar app for BlackBerry 10, it's called "PrintHand". And it's about 1/2 the price of the Android app.

BlackBerry World - PrintHand Mobile Print Premium
    09-17-13 12:02 AM
    Print to go comes preloaded with BB10

Posted via CB10
    Dude_9, dusdal and miker476 like this.
    09-17-13 12:08 AM
    Print to go comes preloaded with BB10

Gah, got the names mixed up. I was thinking about "Printer Share" on Android.

I never understood the name of "Print to Go", because it doesn't actually print anything.

More accurate name would be "send file to smartphone by printing to our PC print driver".
    darkehawke likes this.
    09-17-13 12:14 AM
    Thanks for this, I could've used it the other day but I'd put it in a folder and forgot about it!

Z10 via CB10
    09-17-13 02:57 AM
    We have all sorts of options to get documents to our BlackBerrys with BB10. I have a "pinned" (to device") folder in Dropbox that I can put documents in from my desktop that cloud syncs and stores on my Q10. So even if I use the device in a bad or no cell coverage area, the documents are available.
    09-17-13 03:08 AM
    The beauty of Print To Go is you can print any document like word, image, excel and when they arrive at your BlackBerry 10, it is in PDF. No need to convert to PDF software which can be quite expensive. This is somewhat different from just saving the file in the cloud.

Posted via CB10
    berryaddictnoza likes this.
    09-17-13 08:26 AM
    The beauty of Print To Go is you can print any document like word, image, excel and when they arrive at your BlackBerry 10, it is in PDF. No need to convert to PDF software which can be quite expensive. This is somewhat different from just saving the file in the cloud.

FWIW, there are various free and low-cost PDF converters out there, Adobe made the PDF specification public years ago.

The one I generally recommend for Windows if you want something totally free is SumatraPDF.
    09-17-13 11:54 AM