Sad thing is you take the apple fan site as the official story. like their bonded not to exaggerate!
    I say the truth is somewhere inbetween. not one side or the other.
    You need not have a hissy fit, don't take it to the sand box. Its just a discussion.
    My goodness you're incorrigible...Techcrunch is an Apple fan site now? You want me to find a Blackberry fan site that reports on Apple news and give you the link from there? It's an official statement from Apple, it doesn't matter what third party reports on it.
    richardat likes this.
    11-12-12 08:26 PM
    SMDH...its not second hand from a fan site

BlackBerry 10 has immeasurable potential , and will succeed in 2013, here's why.-gsmarena_003.jpg
    mikeo007, middbrew and richardat like this.
    11-12-12 08:29 PM
    In August, 2011. Matthew Miller of ZDnet predicted the delay of BlackBerry 10 into 2013. At the time he didn't even know it was called 'Blackberry 10' but understanding market patterns does not require you to know a name, BBX or otherwise. Within simple reasoning he deduced that enterprise wouldn't adopt the phones in 2012, and here's why:

QNX is unproven on phones: As I stated, companies and government agencies don't move that fast and many of them are not quick to adopt new technologies either. QNX is being tested on the PlayBook and that serves as a nice platform for this purpose. When the new QNX-based phones come out in 2012 there is likely to be some bugs, application incompatibilities, and more issues that have to be worked out. Companies will wait and see how the new OS performs before adopting right away so I would not expect them to purchase QNX devices until at least 2013. Thus, you can use one of these new BB OS 7 devices for a year or two before worrying about upgrading. This accounts for the 2 month delay that RIM has used to iron out those kinks and bugs.
    I like your write-up, jamez, but you misinterpreted this part completely. Miller wasn't predicting that BB10 wouldn't launch until 2013, he was predicting that enterprise wouldn't buy it until it had been in the market for awhile. I don't completely agree with his assessment (because aside from working with BB10 this year, RIM is also taking this time to work with key enterprise clients, and getting things like FIPS certification right off the bat), but by Miller's reasoning those sales will simply be delayed until 2014.
    richardat likes this.
    11-12-12 08:34 PM
    In other BlackBerry news, a BlackBerry fan seems to be getting under the skin of apple suporters on a BlackBerry fan site. Go figure.
    I'm not the one running around behind the cracked guy thanking and liking everything he post.
    Bobcat665 likes this.
    11-12-12 08:36 PM
    In other BlackBerry news, a BlackBerry fan seems to be getting under the skin of apple suporters on a BlackBerry fan site. Go figure.
    I'm not the one running around behind the cracked guy thanking and liking everything he post.
    Shot down so you turn it personal and start tossing around silly accusations. Congrats, you're showing your true colours. Another person who can't handle a discussion.
    richardat likes this.
    11-12-12 08:39 PM
    Shot down so you turn it personal and start tossing around silly accusations. Congrats, you're showing your true colours. Another person who can't handle a discussion.
    Discussing anything with you quickly flys off into orbit. I'm not the one that got all hissy about the discussion. I never knew until you pointed it out that it was sad...
    Bobcat665 likes this.
    11-12-12 08:42 PM
    The statement about 400,000 ios apps never being downloaded is an outright lie. It was made up by some company trying to give some buzz to their new tool launch. iOS App Store Boasts 700K Apps, 90% Downloaded Every Month | TechCrunch
    Okay. You may be right but it seems like one of the less significant parts of his write up. No doubt you are a stickler though.
    11-12-12 08:44 PM
    come on guys, keep the personal crap out of it
    11-12-12 08:45 PM
    Dapper, you're accusing Mike007 of being the problem here, but it was this post of yours which marked the point where:
    1.no content at all was present
    2.a really childish derogatory personal statement was made

Mike did preface some of his earlier statements with the comment that the use of certain types of reasoning was "sad" (as you did in reply), however, that was arguably referring to the reasoning, not the person, and was at least used only combined with an actual content based statement.

I was surprised when you did that, and I hope that was based on him being under YOUR skin, and not reflective of your regular approach!
    mikeo007 likes this.
    11-12-12 08:58 PM
    come on guys, keep the personal crap out of it
    The stickler thing wasn't necessary. No offense mike007. I am excited for BB10 and appreciate the excitement of the OP.
    11-12-12 09:05 PM
    Great. Well, this thread is going nowhere now. I was hoping to hear where else jamezalexander's post contained "misinformation". So far, we've heard one example that just doesn't seem significant other than to cause some amount of bickering in this thread.
    11-12-12 09:06 PM
    The stickler thing wasn't necessary. No offense mike007. I am excited for BB10 and appreciate the excitement of the OP.
    None taken. I'm also excited about BB10, just not to the point where I place it on a pedestal.
    11-12-12 09:09 PM
    Where is the popcorn emoticon when you need it?
    James Nieves likes this.
    11-12-12 09:11 PM
    People should be equally careful when taking Jamez's post at face-value. There's already some misinformation in there, and there's also a creepy, almost religious undertone to some of his BB10 posts.

I too think BB10 could be a success, but I'd make much more subdued claims and avoid terms like "immeasurable potential" and "Viva la Revolucion".
    He's just having a little fun. Nothing wrong with that.
    11-12-12 09:46 PM
    People should be equally careful when taking Jamez's post at face-value. There's already some misinformation in there, and there's also a creepy, almost religious undertone to some of his BB10 posts.

I too think BB10 could be a success, but I'd make much more subdued claims and avoid terms like "immeasurable potential" and "Viva la Revolucion".
    Thanks for trying to make the Internet safe for us daddy mike . People can read the post and make up their own minds; your warning is not needed. Perhaps you could spend less time picking people's posts apart and start enjoying the crackberry community for what it is - a bunch of people who are passionate about BlackBerry - the good and the bad.
    If you spend all your time trying to "fix" people's posts you will kind of miss the point of this community. Perhaps you should try starting a few threads then we will know what you love about BlackBerry
    11-12-12 10:39 PM
    Thanks for trying to make the Internet safe for us daddy mike . People can read the post and make up their own minds; your warning is not needed. Perhaps you could spend less time picking people's posts apart and start enjoying the crackberry community for what it is - a bunch of people who are passionate about BlackBerry - the good and the bad.
    If you spend all your time trying to "fix" people's posts you will kind of miss the point of this community. Perhaps you should try starting a few threads then we will know what you love about BlackBerry
    Thanks for your suggestions. I think I'll decide how I spend my time though. Think what you will.
    James Nieves likes this.
    11-12-12 10:44 PM
    Dapper, you're accusing Mike007 of being the problem here, but it was this post of yours which marked the point where:
    1.no content at all was present
    2.a really childish derogatory personal statement was made

Mike did preface some of his earlier statements with the comment that the use of certain types of reasoning was "sad" (as you did in reply), however, that was arguably referring to the reasoning, not the person, and was at least used only combined with an actual content based statement.

I was surprised when you did that, and I hope that was based on him being under YOUR skin, and not reflective of your regular approach!
    Childish... Hello Pot, I must be Kettle Black.
    11-12-12 10:47 PM

Childish... Hello Pot, I must be Kettle Black.
    I don't feel the post you quoted was "childish", or more specifically, that I made a "really childish derogatory personal statement", but you're entitled to your opinion. If there is a particular statement to which you refer, please quote it, and I will either elaborate or, if warranted, retract the statement.

Even if you truly believe that, I'm not sure why you would feel that either justifies or mitigates your childish derogatory personal statement. (I am at least gratified that you did not dispute that) A form of misery loves company perhaps....
    11-12-12 10:59 PM
    Quote; richardat. "I don't feel the post you quoted was "childish", or more specifically, that I made a "really childish derogatory personal statement", but you're entitled to your opinion. If there is a particular statement to which you refer, please quote it, and I will either elaborate or, if warranted, retract the statement.

Even if you truly believe that, I'm not sure why you would feel that either justifies or mitigates your childish derogatory personal statement. (I am at least gratified that you did not dispute that) A form of misery loves company perhaps...."

Responce... One that picks a side, jumps into a disagreement that has nothing to do with said one. After the dispute was put to rest and attempting to carry on said dispute. Is what I consider childish. I could go on but I feel I'm done with this particular thread. Unless it gets back on topic. No hard feelings to anyone I may have offened in this thread
    Last edited by Dapper37; 11-13-12 at 03:03 AM.
    11-12-12 11:19 PM
    I didn't need some guy to tell her great the blackberry 10 will be eh. Any true blackberry user knows how great it will be
    11-12-12 11:19 PM
    None taken. I'm also excited about BB10, just not to the point where I place it on a pedestal.
    I missed the high placement. It seemed like a reasonable level of excitement to me.
    11-12-12 11:38 PM
    Well said. I agree. I see this same behavior in lots of threads. It feels like we are being policed. I have work to do and lots of it. So I sign off. But I'm not liking this pattern of telling people what they should think and where they should express themselves.
    11-12-12 11:43 PM
    Interesting. Accusing someone else of policing others' posts. But then we police the police. I almost wish some of the banned people would be allowed back. At least we'd have someone worth accusing. Their removal seems to have allowed thin skins to become thinner.
    11-13-12 12:19 AM
    Great post OP. Thanks!!

You are definitely a creator/doer/BB person.

Awesome info and great links. I liked the Dan Dodge interview. That guy is a genius.

Pretty crazy how big an influcence TAT has had on the market. Even though Hampus didn't say they had a hand in Windows phone its pretty obvious they did. BB10s gonna be awesome.
    James Nieves likes this.
    11-13-12 02:21 AM
    Interesting. Accusing someone else of policing others' posts. But then we police the police. I almost wish some of the banned people would be allowed back. At least we'd have someone worth accusing. Their removal seems to have allowed thin skins to become thinner.
    But then aren't you policing the police of the police? and Now I'm policing the police of policers of police?

When posters continue to derail threads with the same negative messages its takes away from what could be a productive conversations. Its like some people have a problem with people liking BB. These people make me like BB more because if RIM/BB was so bad they wouldn't be here. I wonder if the same types of posters are on android, apple forums and if they are, are they welcomed and protected like (pun intended) they are here.
    kraski likes this.
    11-13-12 02:29 AM
79 1234