Curious to know how many cores the GPU's on the Snapdragon's being shipped on BB10 will be. This doesn't ever seem to be brought up.

IMHO the PlayBook with its single core GPU is pretty impressive graphic wise. Can't wait to experience dual core+ GPU's in BB10 devices.

Really can't wait to experience multi core processing on BB10 gonna be intense baby!
    10-07-12 07:24 PM
    If the bb10 phones come with the snapdragon s4 pro as assumed and leaked, it will come with the adreno 320 gpu. I'm not sure the actual specs but as far as benchmarks it will out do the quad core powerVR gpu in the new ipad.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-07-12 07:38 PM
    QNX is a "strategic partner" with Intel. Curious to know what may come of intel chips in BB10 devices
    10-07-12 08:10 PM
    Curious to know how many cores the GPU's on the Snapdragon's being shipped on BB10 will be. This doesn't ever seem to be brought up.

IMHO the PlayBook with its single core GPU is pretty impressive graphic wise. Can't wait to experience dual core+ GPU's in BB10 devices.

Really can't wait to experience multi core processing on BB10 gonna be intense baby!
    Impressive compared to what exactly...?
    10-07-12 08:17 PM
    @mikeo007

The Playstation 6.... .......graphically intense quad core gpu's. Our single core gpu in the PlayBook renders some nice graphics. Bring in multi core and we're gonna be up with the the current leaders within reason
    10-07-12 08:34 PM
    @mikeo007

The Playstation 6.... .......graphically intense quad core gpu's. Our single core gpu in the PlayBook renders some nice graphics. Bring in multi core and we're gonna be up with the the current leaders within reason
    Nice sure, but definitely not comparable to the competition. The Playbook GPU is about 5 years old, and it shows (about 1/4 the graphics power of iPad 2). New devices will certainly be better; hopefully equal to at least some of the competition.
    10-07-12 09:05 PM
    Well if BB10 comes along with an Intel powered chipset, I'll be surprised that it did, after all everyone expects an ARM based chip instead of an Intel x86 chip. But either way, I don't think RIM will push a "I am the king of the hiil" specs kind of a device. Not yet, because I don't think they could purchase that kind of chips seeing that the price and demand for these kind of chips are amazingly high.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    10-07-12 09:11 PM
    @badiyee85

They do have flexibility with the platform to accommodate many different chip providers. This will be a real ace to licensing the platform. A third party OEM could use an Intel chip etc, with minimal effort. BB10 could also be licensed to special use cases utilizing multicore well beyond the consumer/enterprise space.
    10-07-12 09:16 PM
    Apparently there is some confusion, the playbook has a single cpu core and a single gpu, BB10 devices, will have a dual core cpu, and a single gpu, even the quad core cpu in some devices, and in tegra 3, still only have one gpu.

Yes, you are comparing current SoC tech with 5 year old play station 3, think about this, the PS4 and Xbox 720, which neither on the market yet, and as of current, they both are already 2 generations behind what is current in desktop computer market.

No one list any specs for the Adreno 320 gpu, but one site put it in tests against the ipad 3 and it lost

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    10-07-12 11:36 PM
    Apparently there is some confusion, the playbook has a single cpu core and a single gpu, BB10 devices, will have a dual core cpu, and a single gpu, even the quad core cpu in some devices, and in tegra 3, still only have one gpu.

Yes, you are comparing current SoC tech with 5 year old play station 3, think about this, the PS4 and Xbox 720, which neither on the market yet, and as of current, they both are already 2 generations behind what is current in desktop computer market.

No one list any specs for the Adreno 320 gpu, but one site put it in tests against the ipad 3 and it lost

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    I think you are confused. The Playbook has a dual core OMAP4430 (two Cortex A9 cores running at 1GHz) with a single core SGX 540 gpu. We don't know what the L or N series BB10 devices will have. There is plenty of speculation for the S4, but the OMAP4470 (dual core cortex A9 @ 1.8 GHz, two Cortex M3 cores and SGX 544 GPU) is a possibility as that is on Development Alpha B, or maybe even an outside shot of the OMAP5 (two A15 cores, two M4 cores, and optional multicore SGX 544 gpu). I'm still hoping for the omap5 as it should destroy anything out now, but I think it is an extreme long shot right now.
    10-08-12 09:30 AM
    ... No one list any specs for the Adreno 320 gpu, but one site put it in tests against the ipad 3 and it lost
    Do you have a link for that?

Here is a link to one test. I believe the "Egypt" on-screen benchmarks show that the Adreno 320 is about as fast as the latest iPad for actual use. The off-screen "Egypt" benchmarks and other low-level benchmark results indicate that the latest Apple processors do have a speed advantage, but this advantage doesn't actually seem to show up in on-screen use.
    | Qualcomm's S4 Pro (Adreno 320): Big GPU Performance

I've gathered other benchmark comparisons together in this post:
    | http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...8/#post7667272

While some GPUs do have multiple cores, others do not. This number is not related to the number of CPU cores. The TI OMAP 4470 actually does have two different graphic processors, though. The second one is specialized for 2D composition.
    10-08-12 10:09 AM