Hello people, today I want to post why I do think than BB10 (My beloved OS) Will be EOLed when Android Nougat make it's way to BlackBerry Android Devices, why that would happen in the first place?, well simple, they can't afford lose money, and Chen made two statements than, in My opinion, are more than enough to dictate the Subject of the thread, the first one was said when BlackBerry Android started with the Priv, Chen said than they Will support BB10 as long as Android Blackberry's aren't as secure as BB10 devices, the second one, in My opinion again, the most important, Chen also said than BlackBerry take on Android Nougat Will be as hardened as BlackBerry 10, first, Chen does talk a lot of crap, that is a fact than no one can deny, but we also have to remember than the actual BlackBerry isn't the one that used to be on BlackBerry OS days, they no longer can be arrogant nor throw money a la Microsoft with Windows Phone, even maintain BB10 in it's shameful current state is very expensive, and the actual situation isn't very helpfull to maintain that improductive (economically) OS, second, its true that recently was anounced than BB10 have the posibility of living on rebranded devices, but Lets be honest, no one is going to use an outdated OS in its Product, and also Marty (I think than that is his name, correct me if wrong) said than the keyboard was here to stay, that soon was debunked with the Mercury, if ever released, it Will be the Last keyboard one, and that talks a lot, the two Last statements i said above also share a very important similarity, both of them were said as posibilities, not as facts, and even if they were said as actual facts it Will be the same, BlackBerry PlayBook originally was meant to receive BB10 OS, and it didn't receive it at the end, Am I blaming Chen for every thing i have said now?, no, Chen is far from being the one Who we can blame, in fact he saved the company of bankrupt, at least he gave us the Passport, he did what he was able to in his ugly and shameful conditions, BB10 was doomed when it released, but that is material for another thread, on topic, Will that mean than our phones wont be functional? Nope, I Will keep My devices rocking til they die, and if I can fix them, they Will rock for a very long time, well the Playbook didn't die inmediately, so Will do BB10 either, they aren't going to be EOLed inmediately, by the time of the nougat release they Will have launched 10.3.3 or Will be near from launching it, if ever released too of course, they Will bring four or five minor updates, Just like they did with the Playbook, and then kill it, this in My opinion is the future of My beloved BB10, that doesn't mean, again, that our devices should be thrashed, I Will keep using them, but at least officially, sadly it Will become EOL, post your thoughts about this theory please

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 01:06 PM
    Why announce EOL? They haven't done that for BBOS either.
    11-05-16 01:13 PM
    End of support and sales then

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 01:15 PM
    End of support and sales then

Posted via CB10
    Sales will be done when their stock is gone. Support will end after contract obligations and warranties are fulfilled.
    11-05-16 01:23 PM
    Sales will be done when their stock is gone. Support will end after contract obligations and warranties are fulfilled.
    And what happened to playbook and BBOS then?

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 01:32 PM
    I wonder if they will simply sell off at heavy discount in Jan what is left? Because them the store can close and you also have an end point for support and when to shut that down.
    11-05-16 01:36 PM
    And what happened to playbook and BBOS then?

Posted via CB10
    Support ended July 2014 for BBOS, and April 2014 for PlayBook. What is your question?
    11-05-16 01:38 PM
    Support ended July 2014 for BBOS, and April 2014 for PlayBook. What is your question?
    My question was pretty obvious, why BlackBerry then shutted down the support for the Playbook if at the time there was New (expensive at that circunstances) Playbooks, i bought a 64GB one at that time, sure, it was via Amazon with no warranty, but there was hopes for it in getting bb10,and it didn't as I said in My first post, My point in creating this thread was ask people what they think about BlackBerry 10 shuting down as a supported platform with updates (at least with minor ones) so, you know than Playbook and BBOS never went EOL, but the didn't ever get a simple update past the End of Support date, even before that date heck, so My point still is there, what do you think about BB10 not getting more updates after 10.3.4 and Nougat release?

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 01:47 PM
    I wonder if they will simply sell off at heavy discount in Jan what is left? Because them the store can close and you also have an end point for support and when to shut that down.
    I don't think the store will close. DTEK inventory will still be there. I think a postpone to the next quarter is likely.
    11-05-16 01:48 PM
    I don't think the store will close. DTEK inventory will still be there. I think a postpone to the next quarter is likely.
    Hope than the Store doesn't closes, I do like BlackBerry a lot, at least give me a rebranded phone annualy but not die....

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 01:51 PM
    Could be - depends how much inventory they contracted TCL for - I would think they had made the bare minimum they were contractually obliged to.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    11-05-16 02:06 PM
    Could be - depends how much inventory they contracted TCL for - I would think they had made the bare minimum they were contractually obliged to.
    Well dtek 60 has a chance but dtek 50 I don't know if the minimum number of orders are sold.
    cgk likes this.
    11-05-16 02:19 PM
    Whenever people make predictions about this kind of thing, here, there are always those who hang on saying that there has be no official announcement. Well, if you are always waiting for the official announcement then you'll be the last to know just about everything.

In less than two months, there are going to be people on CrackBerry who will howling because they didn't expect their WhatsApp to stop working.
    11-05-16 02:39 PM
    My question was pretty obvious, why BlackBerry then shutted down the support for the Playbook if at the time there was New (expensive at that circunstances) Playbooks, i bought a 64GB one at that time, sure, it was via Amazon with no warranty, but there was hopes for it in getting bb10,and it didn't as I said in My first post, My point in creating this thread was ask people what they think about BlackBerry 10 shuting down as a supported platform with updates (at least with minor ones) so, you know than Playbook and BBOS never went EOL, but the didn't ever get a simple update past the End of Support date, even before that date heck, so My point still is there, what do you think about BB10 not getting more updates after 10.3.4 and Nougat release?

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, I'm still lost with what you are trying to say.

BB10, as BBOS before it, will quietly end support when no one cares anymore. No need for a grand announcement.
    11-05-16 02:56 PM
    Sorry, I'm still lost with what you are trying to say.

BB10, as BBOS before it, will quietly end support when no one cares anymore. No need for a grand announcement.
    Let's Just agree to disagree then

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 03:01 PM
    Let's Just agree to disagree then

Posted via CB10
    I don't even know what we are disagreeing about. Lol
    rbtg, co4nd, BigAl_BB9900 and 3 others like this.
    11-05-16 03:03 PM
    I don't even know what we are disagreeing about. Lol
    Simple My friend you dont think i do have a point, and I do, so Yeah agree to disagree

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 03:07 PM
    Whenever people make predictions about this kind of thing, here, there are always those who hang on saying that there has be no official announcement. Well, if you are always waiting for the official announcement then you'll be the last to know just about everything.

In less than two months, there are going to be people on CrackBerry who will howling because they didn't expect their WhatsApp to stop working.
    Well, everyone on Crackberry knows the future of BB10, so do the people on Web OS, and then you still see them strong as ever, because after all, it's not about what the people say, its about you see, people always said than the Z10 was a bad phone at it's launch, i bought it on launch and BB10 was stunning, not as polished right now, but stunning, people on Crackberry are wonderful, people like Cobalt and company are here to help you with our needings, Whatsapp and company stop working?, Who cares about apps that people here are going to make work anyway, WAA fixer for example did its trick already

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 03:13 PM
    BlackBerry didn't officially announce the end of BBOS support because they are still generating the majority of operating profit from SAF ($91 million last quarter), but they don't have such commitments with BB10 except for the unsold inventory.
    Expect a similar PlayBook scenario when they run out of BB10 devices inventory.
    Last edited by John Albert; 11-05-16 at 06:27 PM.
    Troy Tiscareno and BB-JAM215 like this.
    11-05-16 05:57 PM
    Why announce EOL? They haven't done that for BBOS either.

Indeed. They still provide BIS, which I hope they will do for as long as possible. But in terms of OS or app updates, BBOS is long dead.

Now another question ... can another company come along and make some new BBOS units? There's demand for them yet
    11-05-16 06:16 PM
    Indeed. They still provide BIS, which I hope they will do for as long as possible. But in terms of OS or app updates, BBOS is long dead.

Now another question ... can another company come along and make some new BBOS units? There's demand for them yet
    I do have a Torch 9810, I love it, but BBOS reached its limit, at least for me it is not viable to use as I am an universitary student and I need whatsapp and other core apps than aren't obtainable on BBOS, apart from that, is a lovely OS and device

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 07:04 PM
    T-Mobile and Sprint have already shut down BIS, and Verizon and AT&T have announced that they'll be shutting it down early next year (2017). That will be the end of BBOS in the US, at least.

Whatever tiny remaining demand will evaporate in 4-6 months when BIS is shut down and they more-or-less become dumb phones. Even if BB was willing to license out BBOS, who would license it, given that they won't be functional very soon?
    11-06-16 12:00 AM
    T-Mobile and Sprint have already shut down BIS, and Verizon and AT&T have announced that they'll be shutting it down early next year (2017). That will be the end of BBOS in the US, at least.

Whatever tiny remaining demand will evaporate in 4-6 months when BIS is shut down and they more-or-less become dumb phones. Even if BB was willing to license out BBOS, who would license it, given that they won't be functional very soon?
    Millions of people still use them outside of N. America.
    11-06-16 12:19 AM
    They did it with the PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    I think they just got tired of people asking for BB10 on the Playbook so they finally just did an EOL was the remaining inventory was sold.

What would BlackBerry get out of announcing the EOL of BB10? They have already announced they are getting out of the hardware business.
    donnation likes this.
    11-06-16 04:21 AM
    What would BlackBerry get out of announcing the EOL of BB10? They have already announced they are getting out of the hardware business.
    People would stop asking status of 10.3.3...
    StephanieMaks and JeepBB like this.
    11-06-16 04:58 AM
77 123 ...