View Poll Results: Which Form Factor Would you Want?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • London - All Touch Device

25 19.38%
  • Blade - Slider Device

51 39.53%
  • Victory(Bold)

51 39.53%
  • Other - Post your idea

2 1.55%
    Okay, so we have seen three rough ideas of what BB10 phones could be when they launch.

The first of course was the London. An all touch design and the only one that comes directly from RIM so far(far as I know). Rumoured to have 1.5GHz Dual-Core Qualcomm chips, great hardware and as mentioned an all touch no keyboard design, this looks to be the multimedia phone that will challenge the higher end Androids and iPhones coming forward.

Link

The second that we have been shown was the Concept Blade. While I agree with some other posters that it should be called the SwitchBlade(really fits the format) I think this is a fantastic direction to really differentiate BB10 from BB 7 phones.

With a 4.5" touchscreen and a slide out keyboard similar in size to that of the current 99XX series, it takes what the competition does best(fluid, bright touchscreens) and what RIM does best(fantastic physical keyboards) and puts it in a beautiful glass encased form factor that looks to be high end. Unlike the other two though, this phone retains the Five classic buttons of the existing Berry line.

Link

Final concept just shown today would be the physical keyboard I think most are looking forward too. Slimmer, taller and a little bit wider. With a 3.5" screen this is clearly what the next generation of Bold could look like.

Extremely thin and light, this phone would be extremely advanced with a 2.0GHz quad-core chip. Notably this phones screen is technically the same size as the current slider phones but has a much better keyboard.

Link

So Crackberry fans, which one would you like? Whether its form factor, screen-size or some other variable. Hey you never know, maybe RIM will listen?!

NOTE: I do know that none of these are guaranteed products coming from RIM, but curious to see what the Crackberry site visitors are really interested in. Do they want the same basic look with the Victory, they want an Android fighter like the London or something unique and high end like the Blade?
    04-10-12 09:25 PM
    I chose the Blade because one it looks the most high end. Looks nothing like any Android or iPhone I have ever seen. Retains the Trackpad, has touch and a proper physical keyboard and to me is the biggest departure from a current Blackberry and if Blackberry wants to get back into the game they will have to do something big, not follow what others have done and not give us the same thing again.
    Yoox_II likes this.
    04-10-12 09:29 PM
    The only problem with the Blade is the fact that it does have physical buttons.

I highly doubt BB10 will physical buttons, with exception for a keyboard, volume, and power. Navigation will depend on gestures just like the PlayBook
    04-10-12 09:32 PM
    I could go without the four buttons, but I do hope they keep the Trackpad. It helps in a lot of situations.
    04-10-12 09:40 PM
    I live very the victory bold type concept one that's was featured today on crackberry. I know the first bb10 device won't have a keyboard but man, if they released something similar to it if be buying right away evan if I had to pay full price.
    These are all just concepts by people 7right!? RIM should consider hiring some of these people.
    04-10-12 09:42 PM
    I prefer the new the Victory touch screen and keyboard. Something about a keyboard, got to have it. lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-10-12 09:45 PM
    I want the Victory Bold style personally

BUT RIM first needs to launch the London style, and have a heavy marketing push behind it, then as that marketing begins to saturate I want my Victory bold with a new Advertising push
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    04-10-12 09:45 PM
    Blade all the way
    jordandrews90 likes this.
    04-10-12 09:46 PM
    OOOoooOOOooo I love the BLADE!!! I want one now..
    04-10-12 09:48 PM
    I know isn't it amazing!!!

LOL, anyways, its a little worrying that only one person has chosen the London considering thats the one most likely to be launched and definitely looks like the first BB10 will be all touch.
    04-10-12 09:58 PM
    That TK Victory is showing some promise, but I'm really going to have to see what they've got in mind to replace the trackpad.
    04-10-12 09:59 PM
    I chose the victory,but the blade was an extremely close second. I love my bold and all I could want is for it to be slimmer and larger screen, and victory fits them all. I would love a slider, but I do text a lot, and although it takes 0.0001 seconds to open the slider it will probably be better to have it already exposed. I love the physical buttons and trackpad, but if the bezel features are amazing enough to replace them then I will be ok with it. I just hope there are no features lost, because I use pretty much everything that these physical buttons permit
    04-10-12 10:18 PM
    Lawwd that Victory is hella sexy.
    jkomo001 likes this.
    04-10-12 10:36 PM
    I find it sad that the only actual device that was made by rim is in last place, come on rim we want keyboards!
    jthep likes this.
    04-10-12 11:20 PM
    i dunno, its a toss up between the blade and the victory. leaning more toward the blade though. definitely a tough call if i had too choose.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    04-10-12 11:30 PM
    You wouldn't go for the all touch London? Just wondering cause you have a 9860.
    04-10-12 11:35 PM
    I would personally go for the "Victory". It suits my style best.

That said, I think that the "London" or a no-keyboard version of the "Blade" would be more likely to get back the market share.

All this assumes BB10 is the OS we all hope it will be...

~ecm
    04-11-12 10:19 AM
    that victory looks great right now, but i'd be really intrigued to hold/feel/play with the blade. reminds me of the phone from the matrix (obviously a lot better and more advanced than a phone from 13 years ago...)
    sleepngbear likes this.
    04-11-12 10:28 AM
    London for me!
    04-11-12 10:36 AM
    Great poll!

Love the Victory BlackBerry!
    BoldPreza likes this.
    04-11-12 10:45 AM
    I am more partial towards the blade, why? I like the victory concept phone, but the vertical 3.5'' long screen with the qwerty keyboard on the bottom means you will have to turn it on its side to watch standard widescreen videos and it will look kinda funny with the qwerty keyboard on the side of it.

I luv the Bold 9930/9900 design, what if you made it just a couple centimeters wider, lose the buttons and just have the qwerty keyboard? I think its currently a 2.8'' screen, make it an even 3'' with perfect standard screen orientation without having to turn it on its side.

The concept I have seen so far, I like the Blade the best, but if they just fine tuned the Bold/Victory so you didn't have to turn it to horizontal with the keyboard on the side, I would go for it.

Unfortunately RIM is has only officially announced the shytty all touch London!!! Come on RIM, don't try to be Apple, just get better at being RIM...
    crackd11 likes this.
    04-11-12 10:49 AM
    I had voted for the Victory (Bold); but I also like the London phone. If and when I am able to upgrade to a new phone, it would be either of those phones. All-touch phones intrigue me; but I am still obsessed with a keyboard, so I'd most likely be testing out both products at my carrier's store. This is a good poll, though!
    Chrisy and BoldPreza like this.
    04-11-12 10:49 AM
    blade and victory released at the same time would be ideal. something for everyone...one all touch and one with the traditional kb
    Chrisy and myfairkadie like this.
    04-11-12 11:42 AM
    I want the Victory Bold style personally

BUT RIM first needs to launch the London style, and have a heavy marketing push behind it, then as that marketing begins to saturate I want my Victory bold with a new Advertising push
    I agree that RIM needs to launch a solid working performer. Offer all three designs thru all carriers with all three released over a years time or be BOLD and offer all three in a two quarter period. Provide a solid upgrade path for those who are going to be locked into product contracts or who bit and got the Torch or other before hearing of the BB10 last year.

But first and foremost get a solid working product out then they will re-aquire the market place.
    04-11-12 11:47 AM
    Victory!

must.have.keyboard + touch combo
    04-11-12 11:48 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD