Stop derailing the thread guys. Get back on topic.

Posted via CB10
    Well you edited your post. Was about to reply to your stab at Kw. *shrug* But will remove my post as to not derail this thread even more.

"We are truly alone, the scars on your heart are yours to atone" (BBM#18)
    12-01-13 05:14 PM
    From Kevin's podcast, it seems that the people who are reluctant to move to 10 are the legacy BlackBerry users. My roommates have and had BlackBerry, none of them has any interest in even testing out my q10. And one of them went g4 after. My coworkers, few of them have legacy BlackBerry as well, no interest in BlackBerry 10. Maybe bb10 fans, many are legacy users, just I don't see the reasoning when so many don't even want one.

As for comm's, the first time I talked to someone on the phone, and then in speakerphone mode, I had to do a few double checks; the clarity was too surprising that I couldn't believe at first. I had to check if there was something wrong with it.

Of course, nothing beats the Q10 keyboard experience for email text bbm whatsapp twitter and few other social app I use daily.

Posted via CB10
    Wow, this has really derailed.

Yes, BlackBerry is having mega issues selling phones, and has lost a huge amount of users. No denying it.

But most of the die-hard fans here, we're mostly legacy BlackBerry users. That is my point.

And most of us tried iphone, I mean heck, look at what we didn't have compared to what all our friends had? I tried it. Hated it. And came back. I think you'll be hard pressed to find a BB10 user/fan that has not tried an iphone.

So, to get this back on topic, why did we come back to BlackBerry from the 'superior' phone? Because of the communication experience. Those of us that came back found communication experience more important than app experience, obviously. Because that's the only thing legacy BlackBerry had over iphone, and I can admit that. Now, in BB10 we have the communication experience, some will argue a step down due to some missing features, although I'm not missing them too much, and the experience of fun we were missing on legacy.

So there, we're back on topic

#IchooseBlackberry10 (BBM#25)

:edit: apologies to the poster I quoted. I quoted the wrong comment. lol!
    Last edited by bradu1; 12-01-13 at 05:31 PM.
    Undbiter65 and canuckvoip like this.
    12-01-13 05:20 PM
    I guess it's the combination of the hub, keyboard and quick actions that make owning a bb10 device super efficient.

With 10.2 we got lock screen notifications, and instant reply. Can't wait to see what's in store for us.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 05:24 PM
    Well you edited your post. Was about to reply to your stab at Kw. *shrug* But will remove my post as to not derail this thread even more.

"We are truly alone, the scars on your heart are yours to atone" (BBM#18)
    Decided it wasn't worth it to keep the arguments going. Glad you did also

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 05:30 PM
    I guess it's the combination of the hub, keyboard and quick actions that make owning a bb10 device super efficient.

With 10.2 we got lock screen notifications, and instant reply. Can't wait to see what's in store for us.

Posted via CB10
    Love the instant reply. And the Share menu is very handy too.

I just feel very efficient on my Z10 in general. Most of that has to do with the smooth flow of the OS. There was a lot of thought put into how people do things and get things done. I'm still finding great little tips and tricks that I didn't know about and each OS upgrade has been making it so much better.

Posted via CB10
    missing_K-W likes this.
    12-01-13 05:33 PM
    Has anyone mentioned the remember/evernote integration with contacts to keep. Track of all those cougars?

Posted via my Z10 (BB#22) featuring Channel C0031BD24
    bradu1 likes this.
    12-01-13 05:37 PM
    Hi! I'm new to this thread but to summarise, if I may...

BB10 is great.
    A lady has a problem with her Bluetooth and is very annoyed by it.
    Some people got into an argument that a mod had to delete.
    Jason is not happy.

Yes?
    bradu1 and canuckvoip like this.
    12-01-13 05:38 PM
    Hi! I'm new to this thread but to summarise, if I may...

BB10 is great.
    A lady has a problem with her Bluetooth and is very annoyed by it.
    Some people got into an argument that a mod had to delete.
    Jason is not happy.

Yes?
    Lost in all this communication crap is the cougars and wine

jason9900 and anon(5624621) like this.
    12-01-13 05:42 PM

Pretty much

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 05:43 PM
    And I can be deleted anyway....

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 05:46 PM

There were cougars and wine?

Damn...
    12-01-13 05:52 PM
    Last week you said your blue tooth issues were from the leaked OS you were running. I am confident that you already know how to resolve the issue by rolling back to another OS. I also suspect that you don't want to roll back because your issue is outweighed by the positives of the OS. Kinda over dramatic on the blue tooth issue and a lot of thread space taken up over this.

no, problem has existed since i purchased the device.

She's actually been complaining about this issue for a long time, the thing is, it's an issue between her car and phone. She's the only person I've read having this issue. Yet she constantly says 'it the os problem', when the fact of the matter is, it's a compatibility issue. Most of us have experienced compatibility issues with some of our products in the past. I believe this is her first.

See, here's my thing, I remember reading her issue a long time ago. something that is so important to me is using my devices with other devices, so I always test first. The car I'm driving now, I tested. All my bt speakers I tested before I purchased them. My BT headphones, I literally pulled out of the package and tested at the register before I walked out the front door with them. And here's the thing. Never a compatibility issue.

She drives a Toyota. I've tested against Toyotas. New ones on the lot (I'm thinking of buying a tacoma) old ones, gas engines and hybrids (ok, that part was sarcasm, and yet true) and have yet to have an issue. Yes, when you get a call, it goes to phone app, as it has on every phone I've ever used. When it exits the call, it minimizes to active frames, I can understand that bothersome to her as apparently her hands never once leave the stearing wheel, which I find comical if true. And not once have I found a car that would make it pop in to the music app. This is not a problem with the os. This is a problem with what the car's bt system is telling the phone to do. Simple as that.

I understand she has an issue. I feel sorry for her. But to keep running around the threads saying it is an os issue is not being truthful.

you keep saying it's a problem with the car, no it's a problem with the OS as all other OS's offer an option to disable this. It's a listed feature with the bluetooth standard, yet blackberry don't seem to think an option to turn it off is worthwhile, despite everyone having one. the fact that bb10 is the wildcard means it's a problem with the OS. there is no argument to be had here. you admitted that the problem actually exists, but that it's trivial, that may be to you, it's not to me. i spend hours in my car driving to customer sites and probably get somewhere around 50 calls a day in my car using navigation in los angeles. i'm sorry that my needs are greater than yours in this area, this isn't a complaint about a trip to the grocery store. blackberry is a business tool (their words) and handsfree operation in a car should be a strong suit.

as for me being the only one with this issue:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...ing-up-876532/

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...h/td-p/2441127

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...th/m-p/2678469

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...h/td-p/2530349

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...y/td-p/2285631

https://www.google.com/search?q=blac...w=1291&bih=982
    Last edited by katiepea; 12-01-13 at 06:10 PM.
    12-01-13 05:54 PM

you keep saying it's a problem with the car, no it's a problem with the OS as all other OS's offer an option to disable this. It's a listed feature with the bluetooth standard, yet blackberry don't seem to think an option to turn it off is worthwhile, despite everyone having one. the fact that bb10 is the wildcard means it's a problem with the OS. there is no argument to be had here. you admitted that the problem actually exists, but that it's trivial, that may be to you, it's not to me. i spend hours in my car driving to customer sites and probably get somewhere around 50 calls a day in my car using navigation in los angeles. i'm sorry that my needs are greater than yours in this area, this isn't a complaint about a trip to the grocery store. blackberry is a business tool (their words) and handsfree operation in a car should be a strong suit.
    Los Angeles? You're close! Wanna meet in Bakersfield and I'll mess with your settings until we get it to work. :-)

Before you go all crazy stalker mode, that was a joke, ...although it may be worth it so that we could finally be over this issue.

12-01-13 06:00 PM

Katie! What's up?

Come on, you can tell your Uncle Biggly.

Ok.... that sounded weird...

Never mind! Let's stop the hesaidshesaidanddoyoumindifIdon'ts and get this lady some help!

That's what CrackBerry is for, right?
    12-01-13 06:02 PM
    Last week you said your blue tooth issues were from the leaked OS you were running. I am confident that you already know how to resolve the issue by rolling back to another OS. I also suspect that you don't want to roll back because your issue is outweighed by the positives of the OS. Kinda over dramatic on the blue tooth issue and a lot of thread space taken up over this.

Los Angeles? You're close! Wanna meet in Bakersfield and I'll mess with your settings until we get it to work. :-)

Before you go all crazy stalker mode, that was a joke, ...although it may be worth it so that we could finally be over this issue.

feel free to look at how many people have the problem, with way more models than just toyota:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...etooth-817625/
    ajst222 likes this.
    12-01-13 06:11 PM
    exactly why both a co-worker and my gf want a z10/z30. to be able to communicate with the awesome keyboard.

one's coming from android and the other from iphone. the gf spends all her time texting/chatting/bbming/whatsapping on her iphone and that's it. oh and some facebook in there too.
    12-01-13 07:09 PM
    exactly why both a co-worker and my gf want a z10/z30. to be able to communicate with the awesome keyboard.

one's coming from android and the other from iphone. the gf spends all her time texting/chatting/bbming/whatsapping on her iphone and that's it. oh and some facebook in there too.
    Does you gf enjoy BBM on her iPhone? Did BBM influence her decision at all? Just curious

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 07:12 PM
    Does you gf enjoy BBM on her iPhone? Did BBM influence her decision at all? Just curious

Posted via CB10
    two things that annoy her about bbm on iphone: 1. it takes forever to load up and 2. no landscape mode (she types landscape). the lagginess of the her iphone is overall though. it's been like that ever since she upgraded to iOS7 (iphone 4 hardware, but that's another story).

I would say bbm didn't play much of a role as she's mostly entrenched with whatsapp (she's part of a bunch of groups). it was mostly the keyboard and toast notifications / instant previews that swung her.
    12-01-13 07:50 PM
    That's what makes it great for sure. There is quite a ways to go before it feels complete though.
    Yes. I agree. Work in progress.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1055
    12-04-13 04:59 PM
    It's not as good as 7.1.
    7.1 was built around communication.
    BlackBerry 10 is trying to be too many things

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 05:52 PM
    Yes daddy. You are always right, Daddy. Hmmm.... Is my name actually Geoff?

Back on topic.

I have spent my day rummaging around with a friend who has an iPhone and I found it quite frustrating that I was easily able to get my stuff printed in the copy shop via my SD card... He had to send me the files via email (no NFC) so that I could fling them onto the SD.....

There is no other OS geared towards efficiency and ease of use right out of the box like BB10... And after that you have Android... Can't wait for Christmas and try my Brothers Note3... I have a feeling that the pen will make me fall in love...
    I have to email my friend an mp3 file that she has to download into her iTunes account to load into her phone. We used to be able to just do that via bluetooth. What is the point of the "bluetooth" on the iPhone? And don't even start telling me how bluetooth is obsolete. It is still relevant in my car, Music Gateway, sending files and music to my kids' Android devices etc.

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    12-04-13 06:13 PM
96 ... 234