I am frustrated that it takes Blackberry so long to release 10.3.1 update. I do not get it why Z10 , Q10, Z30 owners are penalized for supporting blackberry and in return getting update so late. This policy sucks. We should get 10.3 update long time ago. Blackberry is withholding 10.3 update to push sales of new phones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Maxxxpower and Bbnivende like this.
    01-19-15 08:38 AM
    I've been using 10.3.1 for 2 months I think in my z30

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    01-19-15 08:40 AM
    Would you rather the delay the release of new products putting the whole business at risk?

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 08:45 AM
    Yep, me as well on 10.3 and using Blend..
    01-19-15 08:47 AM
    10.3.1 was one of the smartest decisions of my life.
    Take the plunge brother.

Supporting the people's struggle worldwide via my STA 100-5, Z30.
    KDB84 likes this.
    01-19-15 09:20 AM
    I've been using 10.3.1 for 2 months I think in my z30

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    Ditto. And without help of BL Team and SIC Geniuses I wouldn't be using this amazing OS! While waiting for new leaks, I tried previous versions 10.2 on my mighty Q10. Man, they have huge gap between a lot of improvements and features has been put on latest one especially the battery!

₱asaporte₱ilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    01-19-15 09:34 AM
    I've been on 10.3.1 for a while too, but it's not perfect. If you read the threads on the various builds leaked so far, you'd see that there are a lot of issues that wouldn't make for a smooth official release. Sketchy volume control, inconsistent notification volume levels, screen flashing on some devices, connection issues over wi-fi or mobile or both with some devices, vibration lingers a bit even after answering the call ... and it's not the same with every device.

Even now, with 2072 - the build rumored to become the official release, there are still issues that some are reporting.

And then there's the whole carrier issue. With them, depending on where you are, you could be waiting much longer for an official carrier release even after the official BlackBerry release.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 10:31 AM
    I actually don't think it will be carrier released as there are not many carriers supporting BlackBerry and it would difficult for those to obtain release. Well I can dream anyway

Posted via CB10
    sfor13thlegion likes this.
    01-19-15 10:45 AM
    My opinion; this policy is about making Classic, 9983 and other new series more attractive. For example, Q10's and Classic's specs don't have notable difference. P9983 has not any difference at all but the OS version. So I think it is all about marketing and I they deserve to do this marketing at least.
    Maxxxpower likes this.
    01-19-15 10:46 AM
    I think it's quite obvious the op is talking a about official release not leaks yes they're those of us out there that don't run leaks on our devices.

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    01-19-15 12:40 PM
    I actually don't think it will be carrier released as there are not many carriers supporting BlackBerry and it would difficult for those to obtain release. Well I can dream anyway

Posted via CB10
    Where do you get this information from? Please list them?

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    01-19-15 12:41 PM
    I would say they have a relatively small team on the software side handling BB10. First they worked on the P9983 software. Then they really had to work hard for the passport software and the classic (involving the trackpad throughout the OS) and then develop the OS for the older devices. I maybe wrong ofcourse but that's the explanation I have come up with.

Q5 SQR100-3/10.2.1.3442
    01-19-15 12:46 PM
    Meh, get over it. Look how long it takes most Android owners to get OS updates (if at all). Apple owners get it all at once but unless they have the latest model it actually makes their phones worse. Also, I've had my BlackBerry for just over one year and I've already seen 3 major updates, soon to be 4. BlackBerry actually does very well compared to much bigger players when it comes to software upgrades.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 12:55 PM
  14. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Focus rightly so is on getting the most up to date awesome software for the passport and classic + blend.... and on getting the OS AS smooth and bug free as possible for the upcoming US AT&T and Verizon release..... this is most important.

After that then older devices will get the os upgrade..imo

Right approach....

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 01:01 PM
    Focus rightly so is on getting the most up to date awesome software for the passport and classic + blend.... and on getting the OS AS smooth and bug free as possible for the upcoming US AT&T and Verizon release..... this is most important.

After that then older devices will get the os upgrade..imo

Right approach....

Posted via CB10
    Agreed
    01-19-15 01:19 PM
    What BB needs to do is something like Microsoft does - make the developer updates available to anyone who wants to beta test. They could have crash/bug/error notification software enabled to automatically receive information about what OS issues are. Almost anyone can sign up to be part of the program. This would provide a broader spectrum of users testing in real life situations, where formal beta testers do not go.
    01-19-15 01:24 PM
    Ditto. And without help of BL Team and SIC Geniuses I wouldn't be using this amazing OS! While waiting for new leaks, I tried previous versions 10.2 on my mighty Q10. Man, they have huge gap between a lot of improvements and features has been put on latest one especially the battery!

₱asaporte₱ilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    This is fascinating. Based on your avatar, it looks like you are a part of "the BL team." What puzzles me, though, is this statement that they and the "SIC Geniuses" made it possible for you to use 10.3.1. My question is, "how? What exactly did this group of brilliant mastah geniuses do to make 10.3.1 available to you?"
    01-19-15 01:41 PM
    What BB needs to do is something like Microsoft does - make the developer updates available to anyone who wants to beta test. They could have crash/bug/error notification software enabled to automatically receive information about what OS issues are. Almost anyone can sign up to be part of the program. This would provide a broader spectrum of users testing in real life situations, where formal beta testers do not go.
    Thats an excellent idea but doubt it will ever be implemented. There would have a way to roll back easily if they want it to be used by more than CBs.
    01-19-15 02:05 PM
    QNX/Bb10 was supposed to fix these problems. Most of the OS could be upgraded due to the nature of the micro kernel, but the radio files and crypto modules could be left untouched so that carrier and FIPS certifications would still be valid, even with a totally different OS. Oh how BlackBerry talked up such a good game in the lead up to the PlayBook and how QNX was going to allow them to release frequent updates to the OS without the need for carrier re certification. Like most things stated during that time it turned out that they were either talking out of the are, or lying. I know that what they stated is possible, and they are doing it with releasing to FIPS, but unfortunately BlackBerry cowers to the carriers and allows them to delay releases even though it could be done without changing the radio files. Just like always, BlackBerry over promised and under delivered.

Posted via CB10
    Maxxxpower likes this.
    01-19-15 02:20 PM
    I would say they have a relatively small team on the software side handling BB10. First they worked on the P9983 software. Then they really had to work hard for the passport software and the classic (involving the trackpad throughout the OS) and then develop the OS for the older devices. I maybe wrong ofcourse but that's the explanation I have come up with.

Q5 SQR100-3/10.2.1.3442
    I'm thinking much the same.... BlackBerry has a number of smartphone software packages to work on, and with all the cutbacks to get them back to positive profits while still selling fewer devices and licenses... means they had to do a lot of cutting. The Passport's special keyboard, the Classic's Toolbelt... these each took a lot of coding to integrate them into the OS. While still trying to make the OS better and more "mature".

And if you consider all that BlackBerry is - QNX, BBM, Channels, BES, BB10, Doc to Go, Sales, Marketing, Support.... 7,000 employees isn't really all that many.

I'm thinking tweak BES to work a little more securely on Android, and just release an Android BlackBerry... might be the better short term option than trying to keep BB10 going for much longer. If the Classic and the RIO sell well then Chen has time to build the platform around BB10. If sales continue as they have been... not sure the "niche" is large enough to support a company with the R&D overhead of BB10 - never mind the sales limitations it has created due to the lack of developer support. (Better option for the Company... not for Fans)
    01-19-15 02:25 PM
    not sure what the fuss is
    BB said all along that 10.3 will not be released to legacy devices because it was not fine tuned for it
    Hell, if you try it, you'll find the battery life worse, and no significant performance increase
    01-19-15 04:06 PM
    Blackberry policies suck big times. How come classic gets 10.3.1 update and we do not. I bought my z10 on day one on 3 year contract. I do feel like second class citizen. Blackberry has not learnt good customer service. It screwed playbook owners and it is still doing it to its loyal customers. Blackberry might be small compared to its competitors but it is still is multibillion company and it has resources to get stuff done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    02-04-15 11:06 AM
    I guess we wait. If they do not release 10.3.1 for the Z10 that will certainly be the last BlackBerry that I will buy.
    02-04-15 11:45 AM
    Guys relax, it's coming.

Posted via CB10
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    02-04-15 11:49 AM
    My sixth sense says it will come in 3rd week of feb..

Posted via  Z10 aTrueBbLover 
    02-04-15 11:58 AM
31 12