I just have a question I am curious about the android apps on the Amazon app store will they show the notifications we get on these apps with the new update or will it be the same as I have to enter the app in order to see the notifications I get?

Thank you all

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 07:37 AM
    You have to open the Amazon app store to see if you have any updates.
    10-19-14 02:11 PM
    You have to open the Amazon app store to see if you have any updates.
    If you're going to keep posting simply for the sake of driving up your post count, at least take the time to read the thread.

As for the OP question, some apps will show notifications but not all unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 07:29 PM
    Actually to add onto the previous post, i've currently been successful with update notifications.

The notification appears but simply says something along the lines of 'amazon app store requires an update'- i'm going off memory there.

Either way once you tap the notification Amazon opens and your app option appears.

Hope this helps

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 07:40 PM
    I get updates for the amazon apps. The only downside is that as I also have the amazon shopping app installed, clicking on the notification will open the shopping app instead of the app store.
    10-19-14 08:08 PM
    Well the snap developer says in next update you don't have to open the snap in order for check the update of android apps it will be pushed as hub notification

Posted via CB10
    Master of Surgery likes this.
    10-20-14 01:34 AM
    Well the snap developer says in next update you don't have to open the snap in order for check the update of android apps it will be pushed as hub notification

Posted via CB10
    Excellent! Can't wait for Snap 3.0

Posted Securely Via BlackBerry 10.
    10-20-14 01:38 AM
    I mean if I downloaded kik, instagram from the Amazon app store and someone liked my pictures or talked to me will I be notified through the blackberry hub or I have to enter my apps in order to check my notifications

Thank you all

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 01:43 AM
    I also want to know that
    I think in 10.3 u have to also sent sounds ets when u open app
    Ur question is gret
    But till I m usin 10.2 yrrrr
    Its big problem in bb10 android apps when u will give blind access to apps and u cant set notification

posted via Q10
    10-20-14 08:07 AM
    If the app is designed to display in the HUB then yes. I do not think that any currently Android apps have access to the HUB, I might be wrong though. Also there is also the headless running. Not sure if they are would need to be running in an active frame or not.
    10-20-14 08:58 AM
    If the app is designed to display in the HUB then yes. I do not think that any currently Android apps have access to the HUB, I might be wrong though. Also there is also the headless running. Not sure if they are would need to be running in an active frame or not.
    It all depends on how the notifications are implemented in the Android app. I get notifications of when it's my turn, or when I have a message, in Words With Friends, even when the app isn't in an active frame. There are different ways of doing push notifications. I don't pretend to understand them, but I gather that GCM, or Google Cloud Messaging, is part of Google Services and doesn't work on BB10. Other ways of doing it seem to work okay.

Android apps do run headless in the Android runtime.
    10-20-14 02:16 PM
    Are most of the ppopular apps such as instagram, vine, youtube etc have push notifications on the 10.3 update? Please this is a dealbreaker for me

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 12:03 PM
    Are most of the ppopular apps such as instagram, vine, youtube etc have push notifications on the 10.3 update? Please this is a dealbreaker for me

Posted via CB10
    Probably not, so consider the deal broken. The earlier push notification system, C2DM, works on BB10. Some apps still use it. But Google replaced it with GCM a couple of years ago, and GCM doesn't yet work on BB10. I say "yet" but I have no idea whether it ever will work. Newer apps, or updates of older ones, are tending to go with GCM.

If you need those notifications working now, you'd best not go with BB10. You'll only be frustrated.
    10-26-14 03:16 PM